Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Justice is done.

Whine more, they're never going to be playable. More input from a strictly unplayable Alliance race ripped straight out of Tolkien is pointless.
    I'll have to call troll. I didn't see anyone in this thread saying that they wanted the High Elves to be playable.
    Is the answer to the Question...

Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    I hate the idea of Quel'lithien Lodge now. It's ludicrous that a group would endure magical addiction for 10 years, avoid consuming the arcane and fel energies while their compatriots were gorging themselves on it, but AFTER the Sunwell has been reactivated and magical addiction is no longer a major problem, they suddenly fall off the deep end. It makes absolutely no sense. If they were Blood Elves, then sure. Blood Elves have shown themselves to still be vulnerable to magical addiction even after the Sunwell was reignited. But High Elves? Stupid, completely stupid. I love a lot of the new storylines of Cataclysm, but this is one that just pisses me off. Especially given the new war storyline. They could have turned it into a Silver Covenant outpost and we see what the remaining High Elves are trying to do to take their homeland...or god forbid, try and repair the rift between the two factions. But no, let's go with this forced, illogical storyline that completely distracts from what's relevant.
    Actually this is a good thing, it shows that the HE/BE are exactly the same just the HE's had moonglades etc to sate their addiction, and the BE's were pretty much left cold turkey with a shattered kingdom and extinction looking them in the eye. Alot of in game references are realy negative toward Kael'thas but he saved the BE's.

Like I said earlier maybe if the HE's see how they too are prone to the same addiction issues as the BE's they'll get off their self righteous high horse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackdemenzes View Post
    Maybe you should lower your goals a bit and aim to be a Lich Prince, or a Lich Serf, or maybe just in a support role...you could be the Lich Treasurer or the Lich Human Resources Manager.
    to quote 8 bit theater

BM: you mean Chaos has middle management?
    Darko, Dark God of the Dark: Ah, Black Mage, you have much to learn, we're Chaos, we're ALL middle management.

so yeah... middle management is the most evil thing you could be (it's why they are immune to undeath, they can't get any more evil and soulless)

god, I love that comic :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    The High elves of Quel'Danil Lodge are joining the Alliance. They are also beating the forsaken invasion back. HAH!
    It's a far cry from the absurd amount of lore they got in WOTLK, moreso than the Draenei, Tauren, Gnomes, Trolls, Night Elves... so I can live with just this <.<

Justice is done.

Whine more, they're never going to be playable. More input from a strictly unplayable Alliance race ripped straight out of Tolkien is pointless.
    All characters in WoW are ripped straight out of something. Moreover, I would hardly describe the High Elves as pure Tolkien, especially in their current state. Besides, they're not a race. Hell, the only reason Blood Elves still have green eyes is for purposes of vanity, for all intents and purposes Blood Elves are now High Elves once again. The differences have returned to being entirely cultural. "High Elves" as it is referenced here is a 'faction,' not a 'race.'

The conflict between High Elves and Blood Elves is interesting. Burning Crusade turned most Blood Elves into almost cartoonish villains, a cape and garlic allergy away from being Dracula. Now, they have political intrigue, and a struggle for the 'soul' of their people. If you don't appreciate the idea of Warcraft II elves vs. Warcraft III elves, then honestly, there's no hope for you.

Deleted
    All characters in WoW are ripped straight out of something. Moreover, I would hardly describe the High Elves as pure Tolkien, especially in their current state. Besides, they're not a race. Hell, the only reason Blood Elves still have green eyes is for purposes of vanity, for all intents and purposes Blood Elves are now High Elves once again. The differences have returned to being entirely cultural. "High Elves" as it is referenced here is a 'faction,' not a 'race.'

The conflict between High Elves and Blood Elves is interesting. Burning Crusade turned most Blood Elves into almost cartoonish villains, a cape and garlic allergy away from being Dracula. Now, they have political intrigue, and a struggle for the 'soul' of their people. If you don't appreciate the idea of Warcraft II elves vs. Warcraft III elves, then honestly, there's no hope for you.
    Seriously? Elves fighting alongside dwarves and humans, the most prominent relationships in the entire franchise being human man/elf woman..? The fact that their very models are near identical to orlando bloom? None of this sounds familiar to you? rofl

Face it, blizzard pushed their luck with helfs. You would have to be an idiot to think of this little closing gap between Belf-->helf to be deep in any way. Its probably just closure, hell they can even share the sunwell. The only reason HEs still exist is due to fanservice, the vast majority of the race were reborn as blood elves and blizzard copped out bigtime with the silver covenant.

Sure you might like it, some of us play races who have been overshadowed by this sad little (non playable) throwback to what once was. And its not cool.

Deleted
    I'd rather had them introduce high elves as Alliance race, instead of gnomes. The Horde should've received Ogres instead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    I'd rather had them introduce high elves as Alliance race, instead of gnomes. The Horde should've received Ogres instead
    I honestly agree, if they cant keep their wood for this race in their pants then they should stop tip toeing around it and just make them playable. People would be alot less pissed off if they stopped waving it in front of us or straight up made them playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a far cry from the absurd amount of lore they got in WOTLK, moreso than the Draenei, Tauren, Gnomes, Trolls, Night Elves... so I can live with just this <.<
    I think you don't like the high elves.

Sorry for you coz' their lore is clearly unfinished (contrary to the Blood elves who got their Sunwell restored) and will be likely improved with the return of the Highborne. However, as a race they still got no home, Alleria is still missing, and the Quel'Danil lodge is well defended by high elves who are flagged for pvp (it certainly means there'll be some interesting actions to do in this place).
    Theramore will be everywhere in Durotar, the Barrens and also in the Dustwallow Marsh, and so the high elves.
    And the best is Northeron. The place where the High elves who refused to become blood elves took refuge.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Northeron
    You haven't finished to hear them.

Deleted
    You mean that place they didnt even bother to implement in the game, even in cataclysm? good luck with that lol

The lodge is for a few minor quests btw, the story is wrapped up nicely there in beta. Your reading far too much into it. there are no high elves in the barrens, durotar or anywhere near, and no extra ones have been added in theramore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    I think you don't like the high elves.

Sorry for you coz' their lore is clearly unfinished (contrary to the Blood elves who got their Sunwell restored) and will be likely improved with the return of the Highborne. However, as a race they still got no home, Alleria is still missing, and the Quel'Danil lodge is well defended by high elves who are flagged for pvp (it certainly means there'll be some interesting actions to do in this place).
    Theramore will be everywhere in Durotar, the Barrens and also in the Dustwallow Marsh, and so the high elves.
    And the best is Northeron. The place where the High elves who refused to become blood elves took refuge.
    Lol. What is it about High Elf lovers thinking they need/deserve a racial "home"? They chose wherever the Alliance are based (mainly Stormwind and Theramore) or Dalaran as their homes. They had a home, Silvermoon, they decided to leave it. They are not refugees they are voluntary expatriates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah.

Coz Theramore has been improved since the Beta ? Ok.
    And Northeron may be implemented. The new updated map of Azeroth show well the borders of this zone, which means Blizzard still considers this zone exploitable.http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...eroth-cata.jpg

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrield View Post
    Actually this is a good thing, it shows that the HE/BE are exactly the same just the HE's had moonglades etc to sate their addiction, and the BE's were pretty much left cold turkey with a shattered kingdom and extinction looking them in the eye.
    I think his point is they succumbed to the craving after the Sunwell was restored. Sunwell restoration means no more craving and they can even visit.

EJL

I hate the idea of Quel'lithien Lodge now. [...] I love a lot of the new storylines of Cataclysm, but this is one that just pisses me off.
    Same here. I just saw that in a TotalBiscuit video a couple weeks back and pretty much just went "...What?" It really caught me by surprise.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourty-two View Post
    I'll have to call troll. I didn't see anyone in this thread saying that they wanted the High Elves to be playable.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Hooray! Not all the High Elves are getting screwed over! High Elves have always been one of my favorite races in WarCraft lore. I was highly disappointed when I found out we wouldn't be getting them for the Alliance at Burning Crusade.

Still, there's always hope that they might include Half-Elves (Half-Human/Half-High Elf)!
    Last edited by Vladilena; 2010-09-25 at 03:15 PM.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    I think his point is they succumbed to the craving after the Sunwell was restored. Sunwell restoration means no more craving and they can even visit.

EJL
    Meh, you've got to keep an open mind about the timeline. It could be that the Quel'Lithien elves have been wretched for several years now and we only see in-game evidence of this now in Cataclysm with the old world overhaul.
    Also I doubt that particular group of elves would be permitted to enter the Sunwell. I imagine the only high elves allowed to return to Quel'Thalas would be Alleria's unit from Terrokar and some of the smoother talking Kirin'Tor magi.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Meh, you've got to keep an open mind about the timeline. It could be that the Quel'Lithien elves have been wretched for several years now and we only see in-game evidence of this now in Cataclysm with the old world overhaul.
    Also I doubt that particular group of elves would be permitted to enter the Sunwell. I imagine the only high elves allowed to return to Quel'Thalas would be Alleria's unit from Terrokar and some of the smoother talking Kirin'Tor magi.
    Have you actually done the Quel'delar quest? High Elves are allowed in the Sunwell.

(it also doesn't matter if they're at the Sunwell or not, the point of the Sunwell is that every High/Blood Elf across the entire world can feel its energy. Maybe the ones in Outland can't, but that's about it)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    In fact....we dunno where they finded this strange magical device who have corrupt everybodies up there.

Did its only a random finding ((archeology,etc)) or did someone((or something)) put it into the sight of the High Elves with the only purpose to contamine and destroy them slowly...

Hmmmmmmmm...who know..maybe some Blood elves are behind this...or the remnant of the Scourge (o;
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargus View Post
    Have you actually done the Quel'delar quest? High Elves are allowed in the Sunwell.

(it also doesn't matter if they're at the Sunwell or not, the point of the Sunwell is that every High/Blood Elf across the entire world can feel its energy. Maybe the ones in Outland can't, but that's about it)
    Yes, I have, that is why I postulate on where those High Elf pilgrims are from. Captain Auric is their representative so clearly a large number of them are from the Alliance Expedition and the only other elves who would have permission to go into the Sunwell proper would be from Dalaran, via ass-kissing the Sunreavers or maybe Theramore.

It's not just about who can feel it and who can't, the Sunwell is an important cultural and spiritual site for any red-blooded Thallasian and no elf who declares open war on Silvermoon would be allowed anywhere near it. Aldor and the Sha'tar may have helped reclaim Quel'Danas, but I don't think either group are likely to forcefully occupy a nation and decide their immigration policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    But RPing kind of has to fit the lore of the game world, otherwise it's not RP, it becomes fan fiction.
    actually you have it backwards rp is interaction in character between two players or more IE "hello there Tiron" "Why hello there lich king" "would like some tea Tiron..." stuff that involves major lore or lore characters usually turns into fan fiction because it is crap IE " I am arthas's long lost, cousin Durp come to take over the world" these are not about interaction but more the persons on tiny ego which they want inflate with mary sue tales of glory lol.

OT: cool stuff I wanna see these cracked out high elves hehe

Anyway can someone get a picture?