Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Basicly after each beta build they add updates to the background downloader/PTR

Also its not "another" 5.19 GB, that download is all 3 parts (the third being new and only around 600 MB)
    Not sure if it's true, cause 3d part on PTR atm is kinda crap. Lots of bugs, some things look ugly, heck, they fixed one of the quests only to bug the other. And elemental rifts that open all over the world are also constantly freezing/not disappearing etc. Or they could just save the fixes for live version and let us test the crappy one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Also its not "another" 5.19 GB, that download is all 3 parts (the third being new and only around 600 MB)
    Exactly.

5.19 GB is the complete size of the patch SO FAR.

10+ Year Old Account
    That makes alot of sense to me! And Im being serious here. Im sure that they have a lot of fixes that they are just waiting to push out on live, such as warlock stones being busted (Havent checked this since 13033) and they did fix a quest that was broke because of maintence (The scroll and doomsayer quest). THere's also the fact that professions dont stay working for everyone. On beta the professions seem functional.

OK for anyone whos asking, wondering etc. Its not another 5gb as it reads . "WOW 3.3.X - 4.0 PATCH STAGES 1 -3."

4.5GB (Part one and two ) is already downloaded. So your looking at a minimum of i would say 40 mins to download what is left.

As the events on the PTR are running mostly smoothly atm. With only a few minor things happening. I would say that, there will be one more small patch. Then maybe not this upcoming week, but the one after that we will get the class changes..world events etc.
    Last edited by crazy23; 2010-09-24 at 11:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just throwing under the table speculations, but don't Blizzard usually send out patches in 3 stages, with the last one being considerably smaller than the first two?
    If my dommsaying is right, then 4.0 will hit live servers pretty soon o.O

Deleted
    Downloading for me (EU) and a hell of alot faster this time.

make sure it say DOWNLOADING and not CHECKING;

also it makes no sense to have the PTR up with some build and have this deployed on live; they will probably first close the PTR and then deploy any patch on live the week after;

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killaim View Post
    Just throwing under the table speculations, but don't Blizzard usually send out patches in 3 stages, with the last one being considerably smaller than the first two?
    If my dommsaying is right, then 4.0 will hit live servers pretty soon o.O
    Well once we have a new build with actual DPS numbers being balanced in it, definitely. I'd say the week after next (Oct 5th) is very very likely.

Quick! Release the patch before someone whines about a 2 week Arena notice!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's true! The complete size is 5,19 GB.
    Just let it check...

English Client, EU servers.

Downloaded both Part One and Part Two on previous occasions.

so cata is live?!?!11? THIS IS IMPORTANT NEWS?!!!
    Seriously, stop making threads about this every day
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Quick! Release the patch before someone whines about a 2 week Arena notice!
    This. There will be a two week notice before the patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Took 20 minutes to finish the third part :P

Jump to conclusions time!

---------- Post added 2010-09-24 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bofeity View Post
    This. There will be a two week notice before the patch.
    They're not obligated to do that, by the way.

This season has been going on for what.. 23 weeks? If you're not in a place to get gladiator already, ya ain't gonna be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Jump to conclusions time!

They're not obligated to do that, by the way.

This season has been going on for what.. 23 weeks? If you're not in a place to get gladiator already, ya ain't gonna be.
    This

agh not everyone has unlimited amounts of internet GB's per month, sure i have enough for this, but i wont have much left over :/

Deleted
    If you're wondering - it just 'checks' the files (part 1 & 2 4gb thingie) you already downloaded first. Then it downloads part 3 in the end.

Only a handful of US realms are going down for Maintenance this week. The rest are just getting restarted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect the patch to go live mid October, since the expansion is expected in November.

The background downloader isn't very interesting to be honest. It doesn't really give any information about anything except that blizzard is prepping the expansion, which is an obvious given.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)