Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

For the Alliance a Feats of Strength?

I may be out of line on this... but 2 of the horde leaders from the original For The Alliance achievement wont be around. First Thrall, who will no longer be in Orgrimmar, and Carine Bloodhoof, so does this mean For the Alliance/For the Horde (original) will become a feats of strength and the Black War Bear being a Retired Mount? I would like to know what you think. Or it could be just a modifing of the achievement but no feats of strength.

I think they'll just change the achievements. And you'll retroactively get the Baine/Garrosh achievement if you had Thrall/Cairne.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they will simply make the new Achievment work for eithe rkilling Thrall/Cairne or Garrosh/Baine. By the way, your fake achievment signature has the wrong "You're".

Deleted
    I dont see a reason why they wouldnt keep the acheivment in the game, just updated to fit the new leaders. I dont know if the acheivment was around in vanilla, but if it was they must have updated it to fit in the leaders. Dont see why Blizzard wouldnt do the same for Cata

Why a feat of strength?

Why not just change the requirements? Change Cairne to Bairne and Thrall to Garrosh.

It's not like Blizzard hasn't changed values, or tasks or requirements of an achievement before.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

No need to change it, when they can simply adjust the boss kill credit to be either of them.
    There are previous changes which require either an item in inventory, or a learned pet/mount to grant credit so I see no reason why that cannot follow with dual requirements on one of the criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoc23 View Post
    I dont know if the acheivment was around in vanilla
    This sentence says a lot about Thedoc23.

I think they'll simply add new achievements for Garrosh and Baine and edit the existing For The Alliance.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see a reason why they wouldnt keep the acheivment in the game, just updated to fit the new leaders. I dont know if the acheivment was around in vanilla, but if it was they must have updated it to fit in the leaders. Dont see why Blizzard wouldnt do the same for Cata
    Well... I doubt it would've been in Vanilla since Achievements were added in WotLK. But it'll be updated, I guess, and if you did it you'll keep the bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post

I lol'd too!
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Must resist urge to call you a 'newfag'. Not... resisting... well...

Protip: Achievements were introduced in Wrath of the Lich King.

Chances are the Thrall/Cairne kills shall become FOSes like the old Onyxia kill.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I was thinking

They can turn them into FoS, and Magni one too.
    They'll probably add more too, for the goblins and worgens.
    Aaand, they should really make one for Mekkatorque and Vol'jin.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post

I think they'll simply add new achievements for Garrosh and Baine and edit the existing For The Alliance.
    because if you haven't played since 05 you suck right

You are aware that there were no achievements in vanilla wow right? They came out with Wotlk.

---------- Post added 2010-09-25 at 01:30 AM ----------

I think you mean 08. And yeah pretty much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence9 View Post
    You are aware that there were no achievements in vanilla wow right? They came out with Wotlk.

---------- Post added 2010-09-25 at 01:30 AM ----------

I think you mean 08. And yeah pretty much
    Evidently not. Thats why I said "I dont know if the acheivment was around in vanilla"

This thread amazes me, it's like 12 posts that all say the same 2 thingsXD why do people even bother repeating so much?
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

Evidently not. Thats why I said "I dont know if the acheivment was around in vanilla"
    now you know

OT: I see them making it a feat of strength, like the old onxyia kill. (as someone has said before) but i doubt they will get rid of the mount; they'd just update the achievement.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should make it a feat of strength and add a new one that also includes the new racial leaders of the goblins and worgen. Black war....flying mount?

Deleted
    Black war Gryphon/Wyvern?