Deleted

Rites of Passage

I have this weird thing on my alts.

Whenever I level one, I have a principle to gather up any mount money I need on that alt without outside intervention. That includes my other chars, and it usually means I get CWF at level 71 or 72, when I could have it at 68, etc. I don't know why, it just feels to me like a way to feel like I'm playing that character rather than pushing it to 80 with a main.

Do you have any silly and/or pointless things that you like to do for all your chars? Mount money, killing an elite, getting a specific piece of gear, etc?

It's late night and we're all bored. Posts away

10+ Year Old Account
    Do every quest in the zone. That's what I gotta do. If I start leveling in Redridge Mountains, then I do every quest in Redridge. If I start leveling in Howling Fjord, then I do every quest in Howling Fjord.

This will apply even more so in Cataclysm since it seems more story driven.

I guess this isn't really a "Rite of Passage" kind of thing, but it's a habit that I express in all of my characters. If I don't do this with a character, I tend to delete him sometime later.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Generally speaking, there are several things I do on all my toons.

-Attunement to Molten Core and BWL, while leveling.
    -The entire great mother chain, including the side chain, I see dead Draenei. (Will be interesting what happens to this chain in cataclysm)
    -The Wrathgate. (5 time veteran) (going to miss the battle of undercity)
    -All of the Grissly Hills Dailies
    -Guru of Drakuru.
    -Full Hodir chain (even on my toon with inscription who has no need for the shoulder enchant)
    -Unlocking the Shadow Vault (even though the enchant is BOA)
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. I don't think I really do have one.

I guess my rite-of-passage is trying to outlevel my previous toon in terms of time. Sometimes it's time played, sometimes it's actual time relative to the day I started my character. I usually set up goals and incentives for when I reach them (I want to be level 40 by midnight, so I can get epic riding, train, and then go to bed).

But yeah, speed is the thing for me after my first char gets level capped. On my first character, I take time to read quests, follow the lore, etc, and after that its just balls to the wall.

Cernunnos actually reminded me how I get all my toons MC/BWL attuned while leveling as well!!
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...un&cn=Maritard

mostly gear i had from lvling, i hosted 2 swp, bt and mh runs for myself and a fellow friend (prot war), had the sunwell bow(no legendary) pre80 (when i got myself this cheapass yet amazing upgrade)
    i do about 4,5k singletarget with this gear

Cernunnos actually reminded me how I get all my toons MC/BWL attuned while leveling as well!!
    The attunement is simple and can be done in a regular run of Blackrock Spire and Blackrock Depths. Since I usually find myself in and around Kargath at level 50 ish, picking up the attunements just seems logical.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

i have to agree with the "doing every quest in the zone" thing. grey quests due to my heirloom bonus? TOO BAD, keep on truckin' through them!

things I do:
    -give the alt about 10g and some netherweave bags and then set them out on their own. have to make all the money from there themselves from gathering profs. not that hard
    -(now) showering with heirlooms, particularly if they're incredibly weak classes in the early levels, like paladins
    -stop by the trainer every 2 levels
    -stranglethorn vale. I've never leveled a character without going there for an extended period of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    things I do:
    -give the alt about 10g and some netherweave bags and then set them out on their own. have to make all the money from there themselves from gathering profs. not that hard
    -(now) showering with heirlooms, particularly if they're incredibly weak classes in the early levels, like paladins
    -stop by the trainer every 2 levels
    -stranglethorn vale. I've never leveled a character without going there for an extended period of time.
    I give my alts 4 Netherweave bags, 100g, any applicable heirlooms (if I don't have the right type, they'll get whatever XP-boosting stuff I've got at the time. My second paladin wore the caster shoulders from 1 to 65, at least).

I don't train that much, though. Sometimes, but not always. I often go 3-5 levels without training, thanks to the heirlooms and reduced leveling speed.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

When I level, I have to take some sort of profession and work on first aid and cooking as I go. I'll spend hours taking random leveling breaks to catch all of my professions up to speed. I don't even use the food, items I make, or sell half of what I gather though. Just end up hording and vendoring it all. I just feel like I'm not leveling unless I feel like I'm progressing as my in game person. Every gnome I level has to be a miner/engin or if I level a NE, has to be an herb/alch as well.

I also kill everything in the immediate area, even after my quest is done. Kill the friends of my enemy kind of thing and wipe them all out.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2010-09-26 at 02:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    for each of my hunters, they would have tame certain type of beast that is not just hard to get, but also match their race.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are certain pets I have to have on every single character - and there are always certain quests that I'll do.

And all of them sit in IF 99% of the time. All of them.

I don't really have any. I raher hate The leveling process. My first toon I read all the quests etc, but after that it was all about speed. My lock dotted and killed more non quest mobs than quest mobs, except for 70-80. That was entirely afk av instant ques. My priest has been entirely lfg. My shaman I blew through quests as fast as possible.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

56-58 solely in LBRS.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

i do every quest in wrath. the rest don't hold my attention enough to warrant it
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!