15+ Year Old Account

Someone tell me that these are not the final end tree talents for Shaman...

I still see Feral Spirits as end tier shaman enhancement talent, not to mention Riptide... I pray Blizzard keeps the end talents for later otherwise i will be extremely frustrated...Anyone has any info on this matter?

Earthquake sucks.

Yes they are, Beta is going to be over tomorrow and the next day, they will release cata just so you can bitch even more. Also, I herd the sky is falling.
    Last edited by Frioz; 2010-09-25 at 06:08 AM.

Deleted

^This is what the shamy community did since 6 years ago

1 If you want to QQ do it on the class forum even if its about cata talents

2 If its not class forum pls for god sake show us some numbers , If you didn't tested the shamys on beta/PTR and you are not actualy aware that X heal for that much + that much if you are buffed and scales that well with int.

And yes earthquake sucks , what about you being able to cast while walking , follow a healer/dps when he trys to LOS and nuke the crap out of him with a Lava burst crit and few lightnings bolt.
    You bring 3x more buff than any other class . And resto stfu aswell pls , you got a raid spot in every tier of content since naxx 40 , sometimes you were the only healers ( hint : SW ) , other times you were only 1 per raid but blizz never nerfed you that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aterons View Post
    [INSERT TROLLISH PICTURE AND BULLSHIT ARGUMENT]
    You could not be ANY more ignorant and arrogant.
    You, sir, are so uninformed that I really just want to hit you with something hard. Really hard.

1) This is a perfectly fine place to complain. It works, so don't tell someone else where to put it if it isn't in the wrong place.
    2) Nobody said anything about specifics in numbers. Stop making assumptions.
    3) It's not just us bringing these buffs any more; you just said that we were ONLY brought along for the very reason of our buffs, and now we're not needed for them anymore; because we can't do competitive DPS in 1/2 DPS specs and because Resto is almost lackluster right now, I think the "crying" and "complaining" is relatively spot on. Stop being such an asshole.

@OT: They're definitely not final, but I can't see the 31-points being switched around too much from this point on. Elemental is, unfortunately, seemingly doomed.
    Last edited by Tiglits; 2010-09-25 at 06:16 AM.

I think shamans are going to pass mages as the hardest QQing class of all time. I realize you guys are not happy about what you see so far but do we really need 2385123856901235 threads a day about how shamans need to be deleted or are completely broken to the point of being unplayable?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    1) This is a perfectly fine place to complain. It works, so don't tell someone else where to put it if it isn't in the wrong place.
    I herd blizzard has official forums specifically dedicated to healer issues, also I herd this site has forums specifically dedicated to shamans where they discuss such topics as the one the OP is crying. I have to agree with this though that crying clearly solves all problems. Constructive feedback and healing/dps numbers don't.
    2) Nobody said anything about specifics in numbers. Stop making assumptions.
    I herd that having specific numbers helps your argument instead of QQing, BY A LONG FUCKING SHOT.
    3) It's not just us bringing these buffs any more; you just said that we were ONLY brought along for the very reason of our buffs, and now we're not needed for them anymore; because we can't do competitive DPS in 1/2 DPS specs and because Resto is almost lackluster right now, I think the "crying" and "complaining" is relatively spot on. Stop being such an asshole.
    I'm glad you think being brought to raids only for buffs is an acceptable place. Makes me feel like a pallie in vanilla all over again. Buffing and being rez bitch for the raid, HO YEA! If you are angry about your dps and the lackluster of the specs, how about this, provide some good feedback (numbers certainly helps your dps argument) but that's some hard stuff so crying without any information certainly gets your point across!

Shamans are fun friendly class's that are going to be just as good as every other healer. THeir easy, fun to use and have simple but effective spells Go GO Chainheal!!

Thanks for listning. I have no experience on the beta, but thats ok I know blizz will make it worth playing and ill deal with whatever they throw at and make the best of it!

Cata Woooot!!

not all shamans QQ. i know i have only played shaman for about a year, leveling enhancement 1-71, and ele/resto to 80, and then going pve resto/ pvp enhancement. but no matter what, shamans have bin the funniest of my "soon" 6 lvl 80's, enhancement is hard, yes, but a lot more fun than my tankadin and hunter.

and why do you think riptide is a bad talent? or feral spirits for that matter? both good talents that have saved me and other peoples asses a lot of times. riptide + a hastened healing wave is about 32k heal right there. that is enough to save a tank in icc if he is droping low.

feral spirits can turn the tides in a fight (for pvp that is). against a warrior who would normaly rip you to pieces, popping wolfs and keeping melee distance at all times rips him to shreds.

i know they are changing feral spirits in cataclysm by lowering both cooldown and duration by 33% from 3-2 minutes cd and from 45-30 sec duration. im not sure if that is a + or -, but ill wait and see. it will probably my a minor improvement in the end.

i really see no reason to QQ. while we might lack the insanely high crits (as enhancement, elemental still got decent crits), we got burst (BL and wolfs), purges and buffs (totems), than many other classes lack.

Im a life long shaman and i have no complaints...then again im not one to QQ about class changes at all anyway...but i promise ill be playing a shaman in cata and loving it
    Cataclysm has dropped loot. [The Horde]
    Saurfang rolls 56.
    Thrall rolls 1.
    Vol'Jin rolls 43.
    Mankrik rolls 90.
    Garrosh rolls 100.
    Garrosh has recieved loot. [The Horde]

shamanvspaladin.wordpress.com

Anyone care to enlighten me as to why Riptide or Feral Spirits would be unsuitable end-tree talents come Cataclysm?

I can't see much wrong with the abilities themselves (note that I'm no Shaman), and it's not like most other trees of the other nine classes are getting any *new* end-tree talents.

- I'll be Starfalling.

Shamans are looking fantastic, why are you whining?

All 3 specs perform very well on ptr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    Anyone care to enlighten me as to why Riptide or Feral Spirits would be unsuitable end-tree talents come Cataclysm?

I can't see much wrong with the abilities themselves (note that I'm no Shaman), and it's not like most other trees of the other nine classes are getting any *new* end-tree talents.

- I'll be Starfalling.
    They're not. It's just pointless whining.

Even Earthquake is a welcome addition, in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    ROFL i really didn;t QQ,

MY ONLY QUESTION TO THE REST WAS IF THERE WOULD BE ANY FUN END TIER TALENT AT SHAMAN ENHANCEMENT AND RESTORATION TREES!!!

I didn't mention any numbers, or AWESOMENESS (YES SHAMANS ARE AWESOME!!) and i didn;t even type the word "earthquake"...

I AM JUST USED TO SEE NEW COOL ACTIVE TALENTS EVERY NEW EXPANSION...IT's A PART OF THE EXCITEMENT AND THEY ARE NOT HAVING A NEW FUN TALENT IN THERE (YES SPIRITWALKER IS FUN BUT ITS SPELL :P YES WEAPON THINGIE IS FUN BUT ITS NOT TALENT! :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Aterons View Post

^This is what the shamy community did since 6 years ago

1 If you want to QQ do it on the class forum even if its about cata talents

2 If its not class forum pls for god sake show us some numbers , If you didn't tested the shamys on beta/PTR and you are not actualy aware that X heal for that much + that much if you are buffed and scales that well with int.

And yes earthquake sucks , what about you being able to cast while walking , follow a healer/dps when he trys to LOS and nuke the crap out of him with a Lava burst crit and few lightnings bolt.
    You bring 3x more buff than any other class . And resto stfu aswell pls , you got a raid spot in every tier of content since naxx 40 , sometimes you were the only healers ( hint : SW ) , other times you were only 1 per raid but blizz never nerfed you that hard.
    Please enlighten me as to why some pretty bad paladin who's barely been on the forums is replying with some over-the-top post about Shaman QQing, are you REALLY that naive?

You say we did it 6 years ago, well guess what there son, Paladins have been QQing since the dawn of time, "awww rets can't DPS, Prot can't tank like warriors, QQQQQ", and you know what? You got what you wanted. Enhancement has gone down, and down, and down since TBC, and the new tree isn't looking much better. If we want to complain about it we're fully allowed to and there's no way in hell I'm going to let some bad-average player tell me I shouldn't.

Ontop of that, Elemental is getting more attention but still not enough, and Resto hasn't always been the strongest healer. Ever. We had ONE glory raid, which was sunwell, and guess what? Paladins were there. Paladins have had this entire expansion in godmode as healers, and they were highly desired throughout TBC. If you're gonna sit back and tell Shaman off for being disappointed, do it from a standpoint that isn't as high and mighty as Blizzard's pet class, please.

Now sit down and go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by voskopoula View Post
    ROFL i really didn;t QQ,

MY ONLY QUESTION TO THE REST WAS IF THERE WOULD BE ANY FUN END TIER TALENT AT SHAMAN ENHANCEMENT AND RESTORATION TREES!!!

I didn't mention any numbers, or AWESOMENESS (YES SHAMANS ARE AWESOME!!) and i didn;t even type the word "earthquake"...

I AM JUST USED TO SEE NEW COOL ACTIVE TALENTS EVERY NEW EXPANSION...IT's A PART OF THE EXCITEMENT AND THEY ARE NOT HAVING A NEW FUN TALENT IN THERE (YES SPIRITWALKER IS FUN BUT ITS SPELL :P YES WEAPON THINGIE IS FUN BUT ITS NOT TALENT! :P)
    The end talents do not necessarily have to change in Cataclysm. A lot of them did because the new talent system allowed iconic abilities to be shifted to a more shallow position, or be added as an automatic talent tree bonus. But there is no reason for this to apply %100 of the time.

Oh, and posting in all caps is an excellent way to make people insult you and generally take you less seriously. No matter how enraged you are, never post in all caps. In fact if you are enraged, it's best not to post at all.
    Last edited by Falrinn; 2010-09-26 at 12:40 AM.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    I hope it isnt for paladins, not seen any Divine purpose yet(HoF gets you out of movement impairing effects)

Shamans, especially elemental shamans look pretty awesome right now. I'm doing fine DPS in the beta and PTR.

15+ Year Old Account
    An yes i forgot the Capslock :/.

I read all about the theory behind the new talent trees and especially the difficulty blizzard had to make versatile trees for classes like druids or shamans. Anyway, i still think a new end tier talent unique to the role of shaman (enhancement or restoration) would make me feel very happy . I guess i oppose to the idea of the same spell but different effect depending on the spec... (weapon buffs). Anyway i should have known better and discuss it in a more serious tone at ej forums. :P