Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifee View Post
    Byebye, we don't need people who take joy in non-challanging parts of a game, and gets angry when things turn remotly challenging. Ret atm is boring, faceroll (yes they are) and limited.
    lol what class is actually challenging? rets atm push more buttons then some other classes

Oh.. i think most players will blow up a lot of their earned money trying to run hc dungeons. Who cares if you wipe on in beta/ptr it doesnt affect your real characters economy. Wipe after wipe is really going to ruin the morale of players in WoW, especially when it happens in 5-man dungeons for crying out loud. I can see the whine and complains going berserk after launch. Id be shocked if blizz didnt nerf the 5-man hc encounters down to ez-mode wotlk. However some of the bosses do look quite fun for a change. However the same could be said about the icc 5-man dungeons when they were launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    True, but....

They'll need to have the DVDs made somewhere, you know. They need to start arriving in shops about half a week in advance (such that every Gamestation, HMV, amazon warehouse, 24/7 supermarket, etc. in the entire western world has copies to sell), they need to start being sent out about a week before that (travel time), and be printed and boxed a week before that (the numbers of copies needed will be insane).

Basically, getting the DVDs to the shops takes time, and there's only 5 weeks before Boub's 2nd Nov estimate... maybe that's the right date, maybe it's not, but either way, I reckon they'll need their release date to be very much set in stone by now for a pre-xmas launch.
    There's no way they're gonna make Nov 2 at this point. A pre-Christmas launch is not guaranteed: BC launched in January. The vast majority of people buying Cataclysm are going to be current players, Christmas is *not* that big a deal with WoWs market demographic. We'll buy it when it comes out. They may get a few extra sales from a Christmas release, but if it comes down to a few percentage point bump from being out in time for Christmas, vs releasing completely buggy crap and pissing off the player base, they'll wait.

4 years ago they would have waited, now they have shareholders to answer to. Quarterly profits will always trump what gamers think.

Blizzard had it much better when they were a minor footnote in Vivendi's statement (lumped under "entertainment"). Now that they are more than half of Activision's entire revenue, they don't get the choice to be white knights and say "hey, we're gonna miss quarterly profits that you promised in the last conference call just because it don't feel right yet!"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I downloaded the first 2 parts quickly, I just opened the torrent file in my usual download prog, then moved them to the appropriate folder when they finished. The weird thing is though, today's patch just seemed to check through the files I had downloaded a few days ago, said it was all complete and exited. I'm sure I only downloaded 2 chunks though, so I hope something hasn't broken. All 3 parts are visible in the WoW updates folder however.

It's not looking good for me is it. 2 hunters and a ret paladin. I'm not sure that Blizz realise that people like to think that when they put more effort and concentraton in, then their damage output increases, and really don't like facerolling.

Edited to add: I'm probably missing something, but the patch is 4.0.0.12911 not 4.0.1
    Last edited by Zadoc; 2010-09-25 at 06:41 PM.

Wind elemental fanart is epic

Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    Retribution in WotLK
    Ret was broken. If you don't see eye to eye with us on that, then it's understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you. We tried to advertise that change was coming for a long time because we didn't want anyone to be surprised when it happened. Many players, including many Ret players, were just not happy with the mechanics of the spec in Lich King. I can understand if you just happened to love your character the way he or she was, but unfortunately, that doesn't give us much room to maneuver in attempting to implement a design that we will be happy with, and ultimately many players (though it will never be all) will be as well.

And on that note FUCK YOU I QUIT!
    Look I know where you are coming from.

Back in the day we Pallies were promised that our issues would be addressed with upcoming patches. Then it turned out that no one in the dev teams played pallies and we were sad and QQ'ed till we could QQ no more. Then came BC and we felt finally steps in right direction, but shorty there after we were kinda forgotten about. But hope was on the horizon once again Wrath dropped and a lot of the Pallies concerns were finally being not just addressed but fixed. So for the first time pallies felt more useful rather than heal bots that were brought along for buffs mostly. We could tank okay and dps was better than ever. But then were slowly nerfed as time went on (the Lay on Hands thing was what they meant about changes coming) which for all the QQ about it Pallies started thinking and saying the forums 'Okay we are not happy about it but if gets us more DPS you take away even the bubble.' Blizz gave no response only that it was imbalanced against the other classes. Apparently in world (since no one plays BG's for rank and there are no Ret pally uber teams in area) PvP pallies were child predators roaming the world in pink plate bringing the horror and pwnage on to the people of Azeroth. Now we are told we are broken and that change is coming. Now we all want it and will all bitch cause we are not used to it. But change is radical and makes us feel very burst damage oriented and we are not seeing the insane numbers the other classes are. Which unfortunately brings me to an old forum response I got back in the day to the problems with Pallies in pre-patch 1.7 days. 'If you wanna heal roll a priest, if you wanna tank role a Warrior and if you wanna DPS roll any other class cause they are never EVER gonna let pallies face roll people, just face it and move on.'

Just seen the new T-11 sets for warlocks. So far I'm ehhh....its okay looking. But why four different colors though? Four sets? If 10 and 25 mans are gonna drop the same loot it should be 2 sets then: one set for normal, one set for heroic. Unless I'm looking at arena/PvP sets...

Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
    Just seen the new T-11 sets for warlocks. So far I'm ehhh....its okay looking. But why four different colors though? Four sets? If 10 and 25 mans are gonna drop the same loot it should be 2 sets then: one set for normal, one set for heroic. Unless I'm looking at arena/PvP sets...
    Offset pieces. Like always.

This is not the best looking warlock set ever, but kinda evil, so not that bad... I've seen worse... I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by andy_mitchelluk View Post
    HOLY CRAP. 5.19gb? So what's going to be on the Cataclysm discs, nothing?!
    The discs will contain WoW 4.0 and the Cataclysm content for people performing a fresh install, either because they're new to the game or because they need to reinstall from scratch. What we're doing now is storing the content in advance, so we can start playing immediately we attach a Cataclysm key to our accounts instead of having to go through a lengthy install process.

Meh, that lock set is lackluster compared to the t10 and season 8 gearsets.

Quote Originally Posted by Icecx View Post
    Meh, that lock set is lackluster compared to the t10 and season 8 gearsets.
    Well of course it won't be the best set ever, it's the first tier of raiding, it will get better again, once we get to 2nd or 3rd tier of raiding (I hope at least).

But I guess it's okay, but definitely not one of my favorites. (Tier 2, Tier 5, Tier 8 and Tier 10 are defo my favorites ^^(although I did like all lock sets))
    Quote Originally Posted by Unatural View Post
    * 80% of all Raid bosses is Melee Unfriendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Aren't raid bosses supposed to be unfriendly? I thought that's why we were trying to kill them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deplorable View Post
    can't believe Blizzard said that with a staight face "retribution paladins have been broken in Wotlk" - they've been broken since 1.9 !

Blizzard have never, NEVER, been able to get retribution right, and now we're more screwed up in more ways than possible even talent wise. Take a look at Guardians Favour Tier 2, yeah we don't get HoF until late 50's fantastic.. only half useful. Wait when was the last time, as a retribution paladin, you actually used HoB, be honest now.. the last time? exactly. maybe 2nd boss in pit of saron if someone was half asleep during the "chase".

that's it, useless. HoB should be removed, HoF in Guardians favour should be joined with Acts of Sacrifice further up the Tier, and maybe blizzard will keep it's promise to get rid of "useless talents". Give divine storm only mana useage. At the moment it's just stupid.

We have mana, holy power, and more buttons than we've ever had as retribution and most of our damaging attacks which could only hurt demons can hurt everyone now (i was still a little bit confused why exorcism in Wotlk could hurt normal people). Now Wrath can as well.

We're more AoE because of that than we've ever been, it's like Blizzard says one thing and does the complete opposite when it comes to retribution paladins.

Zealotry is a waste of time, you try getting 3 holy power without even being tempted to use it because all we're spamming is "crusader strike" - we're a ONE BUTTON unit. Seriously 4.5 seconds, we'll be taking HASTE all the time to get that down.. 14 seconds to hit zealotry, then once that starts, and we're not dead.

we might be useful, but it's still NOT consistent DPS we're more burst than we've ever been, something Blizzard never wanted.

They say we were broken in Wotlk, we're far more broken and boring now than we've ever been.
    last time i used HOB was in arena against a mage and rogue to stop me getting CCed when my team mate was getting nuked so i used to to get damage to me to break cc

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    lol what class is actually challenging? rets atm push more buttons then some other classes
    I was aiming more at the class in generall, meaning both in pvp and pve.
    Pushing more buttons does not equal more challenging.

Ret pusht the buttons that light up, that's it. Sometimes they have to prioritise what cd they want to press first when they sometime get off cd at the same time, to no great gain or loss in dps.

In pvp they are VERY simple and limited in what they can do, and need very good gear to acomplish anything. Then again when they get the best gear, they hit like fucking trucks. That's not good ballance:9 Again, yes very few specs are hard in pve, hell no class is hard to dps with.
    Meh