For those of you on Beta or PTRs

This thread has probably been done to death but I did not wanted to skim through all the forum pages to find them. Anyways, which class and spec do you all feel will be the best for pvp come Cataclysm? I've heard shadow priests are pretty intense right now but what are your opinions?

Arcane mage HEEELLOOO 25k arcane blast!

sp;s
    mages of ANY spec(esp fire)
    dc priests as healers are going to be triple dmg compared to now

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Like 25k damage is much. I am a new dinged druid and un-buffed in dps gear I have 70k hp..
    Then imagine it with end-game pvp gear and with a hell of ressilience, hell yeah, boom, I hitted you for 10% hp.

^

Picking kids off with 4 stacks of arcane blast is pretty fun though.

Beastmaster Hunter HEEELLOOO 40k Kill Command!

That said. Afaik, numbers arent tuned yet. I did a heroic on ptr, with a hunter. The pet did more damage than the hunter it self. Dunno how much the hunter sucked tho, but for sure the pet didnt.

But I do think mages will stay pretty powerfull in pvp.

Pets are insane as BM on PTR, my Kitty did 4k dps on the heroic dummy ... I did 8k with my pet, not yet good played, I´m still need to get used of the BM playstyle.
    Kill Command is kind of OP compared to MM Hunters "big hitter" Chimera and SV Explo. Can´t tell if KC is too high or the other two too low. Numbers are deffinetly not tuned yet and never will for 4.0 and lvl 80 Content, I hope that they will in Cata at 85 ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Numbers haven't been tuned yet. Just off the top of my head (don't flame me if I'm wrong here, just correct me, lol):

Good DPS:
    Shadow Priests
    Mages
    Warlocks
    Hunters
    Elemental Shaman

Average DPS:
    DKs
    Tanks
    Rogues
    Fury Warriors

Poor DPS:
    Feral (Cat)
    Arms Warriors
    Ret Paladins

The number pass should bring everyone up to the top level. Everyone QQing that hunters/mages/elemental shaman are "OP" has not listened to any recent Ghostcrawler post. The damage is supposed to be high now, any class below that level is just in need of a buff.

Edit: and I know you asked about PvP, but everyone is in here talking about DPS so I figured I'd set the record straight.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-09-25 at 12:33 PM.

Playing on PTR is a joke. 25k damage from one arcane blast is indeed a lot on a shaman with 33k hp and 1,3k resi.

Anybody know how arms warriors are looking pvp wise for cataclysm? I kind of want to play one but I wonder how they will turn out

Deleted
    Im using it as good training in BGs, if i can outlive this dps when my ultimate move is hitting for 2k... Just imagine how i will perform when TV is buffed. To The fing ground baby!

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    Numbers haven't been tuned yet. Just off the top of my head (don't flame me if I'm wrong here, just correct me, lol):

Good DPS:
    Shadow Priests
    Mages
    Warlocks
    Hunters
    Elemental Shaman

Average DPS:
    DKs
    Tanks
    Rogues
    Fury Warriors

Poor DPS:
    Feral (Cat)
    Arms Warriors
    Ret Paladins

The number pass should bring everyone up to the top level. Everyone QQing that hunters/mages/elemental shaman are "OP" has not listened to any recent Ghostcrawler post. The damage is supposed to be high now, any class below that level is just in need of a buff.

Edit: and I know you asked about PvP, but everyone is in here talking about DPS so I figured I'd set the record straight.
    WRRRAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! /FLAME !!!!111!!1!!!

U didnt mention moonkin! :<