Talent tree change?

In Swifty's last video he showed some Cataclysm changes. One was that the main talent tree you choose has to be completely filled up to unlock the other two trees.

This news really shocked me (about as much as the real-ID crap a few months ago).

Can someone confirm this change? Or are these things still uncertain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldheld View Post
    In Swifty's last video he showed some Cataclysm changes. One was that the main talent tree you choose has to be completely filled up to unlock the other two trees.

This news really shocked me (about as much as the real-ID crap a few months ago).

Can someone confirm this change? Or are these things still uncertain?
    Yes, with the new talent trees, you get locked into the one you choose until you put 31 talent points into it. Once you put 31 points into your main spec, you can put your remaining points into the other two talent trees. You'll have a total of 41 talent points by the time you hit level 85.

I think u need to spend 31 points in the same tree that you put the first talent point in before u can spend any points in another tree.

It shouldn't be so 'shocking,' seeing as it's only going to have any noticeable effect while leveling. At high levels, it doesn't really change how one would spec at all.

For me, the former freedom of choice in the talent trees was one way to give my characters something individual. I loved to play with different settings (while watching most players just copy the most popular setups). And the more different setups I tried the more I learned to love that freedom.

Isnt that what playing a game is about in the first place? And even more playing RPGs?

Blizzard again broke rule #1 in software upgrading: dont fix what isnt broke. Balance issues? In a complex game like WoW you will *always* have balancing issues. This "solution" is no solution, it means surrendering before the issue by removing the core of what made WoW such a great playing experience: complexity.

God f...ing dammit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldheld View Post
    For me, the former freedom of choice in the talent trees was one way to give my characters something individual. I loved to play with different settings (while watching most players just copy the most popular setups). And the more different setups I tried the more I learned to love that freedom.

Isnt that what playing a game is about in the first place? And even more playing RPGs?

Blizzard again broke rule #1 in software upgrading: dont fix what isnt broke. Balance issues? In a complex game like WoW you will *always* have balancing issues. This "solution" is no solution, it means surrendering before the issue by removing the core of what made WoW such a great playing experience: complexity.

God f...ing dammit.
    Add your 'grievance' to the list of things that have destroyed WoW. I'm certain no one else has complained about Blizzard trimming the fat from the bloated talent trees. The point is to make it so you get a core ability for your talent spec at level 10 to make you feel powerful and unique. That's one of the reasons why the talent trees are being changed.

Deleted
    Feldheld ... have you been living under a rock ?