Smile 4.0.1 is coming "very soon"?!

i think all of the pre-cataclysm luanch stuff is gunna play all thru next month 1st week the doomsday cult quests and stuff start then the next week the elemental rifts pop up all over the world(of warcraft) and next week the last week starts the BIG elemental fight begins and all along the way the worlds rockin and rollin! but its just a guess :s

this also puts more on the release cata on the 2nd of november!!
    Last edited by talon274; 2010-09-25 at 05:55 PM. Reason: the supposed release day might be more ture then false!

Deleted
    MMO-presumptions

But i think it will be very soon from what i've saw/heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    How is this cata discussion?
    You cant have Cataclysm until the patch is released. Patch starts world events. It is extremely relevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    How is this cata discussion?
    Because 4.0.1 is on of the Cata events.

2 weeks after this tuesday the patch comes out. i think they'd announce the release date more than a month and a half before it is set to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by talon274 View Post
    i think all of the pre-cataclysm luanch stuff is gunna play all thru next month 1st week the doomsday cult quests and stuff start then the next week the elemental rifts pop up all over the world(of warcraft) and next week the last week starts the BIG elemental fight begins and all along the way the worlds rockin and rollin! but its just a guess :s

this also puts more on the release cata on the 2nd of november!!
    Where are you people getting the idea November 2nd will be the release date? Just because Boubouille said it never means it's true. More than likely, Cata itself won't be here till after Thanksgiving, but before Christmas. This definitely makes the most sense since:

1) Numbers and balance is NOWHERE near final. There's still tons of class tweaks and dungeon/mob numbers that need to be adjusted (health pools, aggro tables, loot tables, etc.)

2) If we get the 4.0.1 patch in the next 2-4 weeks (trust me, it ain't this Tuesday), we'll get at LEAST 6-8 weeks to play with the new class system to adjust before Cata throws the book at us. This happened with Wrath as well.

3) If Blizzard announces the date at Blizzon, that's only 1 week until retail. 9 times out of 10, when a game is announced as "Gold Status" (meaning the developer has pushed the final build of the game off to the publisher to be distributed via disc and/or download) there is a 3-6 week window between that and actually getting your hands on the game.

If these guestimates are anything to go by, I'd say expect the real release of Cata between the 16th and 30th of November.
    Last edited by Gunmoku; 2010-09-25 at 08:54 PM. Reason: I misspelled the name of our Lord and Master! Forgive me, Great One!

Deleted
    who is boubille?

I expect 4.0.1 will be the week after next, it's on the PTR for a while now and the changes are being concurrently tested in beta. This will include all the pre-cata events so, maybe a month after that we'll get the patch with the cata world changes. It'll at least be 2 weeks, maybe a month, after that until we get Cata release. So, Nov. 2nd might be a little bit hasty IMO, but it's certainly possible. I hope it's early Nov instead of late Nov personally, because late Nov release is a huge distraction from finals :P

I'm guessing the release date announcement will be at along side the 4.0.1 release or Blizcon. If we don't get it at Blizcon, I hope they have something about Diablo 3's release/progress
    It was the expansion of fire... the expansion of destruction... the expansion we took back what was ours. It was the expansion of rebirth... the expansion of great sadness... the expansion of pain... and the expansion of joy. It was a new age. It was the end of history. It was the expansion everything changed. The expansion is Cataclysm. The place: Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by talon274 View Post
    all along the way the worlds rockin and rollin!
    I like this.

The rest.. not so much. OT: we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

For what it's worth Amazon just updated its release date to Nov 23rd. Not official at all but at least it makes a Nov release date look likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunmoku View Post
    1) Numbers and balance is NOWHERE near final. There's still tons of class tweaks and dungeon/mob numbers that need to be adjusted (health pools, aggro tables, loot tables, etc.)
    I don't see how this is relevant. Numbers don't need to be finished to release 4.0. If anyone here remembers 3.0 the numbers were all fucked up because of new talents/spells.

They don't balance for level 80 in 4.0, they balance for level 85 which isn't out yet so the numbers don't matter as much, they can patch that in. As soon as they think the talents are finished 4.0 will come, I give it 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmoku View Post
    Where are you people getting the idea November 2nd will be the release date? Just because Boubouille said it never means it's true. More than likely, Cata itself won't be here till after Thanksgiving, but before Christmas. This definitely makes the most sense since:

2) If we get the 4.0.1 patch in the next 2-4 weeks (trust me, it ain't this Tuesday), we'll get at LEAST 6-8 weeks to play with the new class system to adjust before Cata throws the book at us. This happened with Wrath as well.

3) If Blizzard announces the date at Blizzon, that's only 1 week until retail. 9 times out of 10, when a game is announced as "Gold Status" (meaning the developer has pushed the final build of the game off to the publisher to be distributed via disc and/or download) there is a 3-6 week window between that and actually getting your hands on the game.

If these guestimates are anything to go by, I'd say expect the real release of Cata between the 16th and 30th of November.
    we didn't have the new talents for wrath for 6-8 weeks we had them for like 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ikotanya View Post
    we didn't have the new talents for wrath for 6-8 weeks we had them for like 2.
    This is wrong, patch 3.0 was released 4 weeks before lich king was released.

Quote Originally Posted by bowtux View Post
    who is boubille?

They added the achievement for 6th anniversary specifically to the beta servers and not to a patch for live servers.

This pretty much guarantees the expansion will arrive previous to 23 November.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post
    They added the achievement for 6th anniversary specifically to the beta servers and not to a patch for live servers.

To be fair, there's no reason they won't include that in a future PTR build. Still I've heard from multiple respected sources that Cataclysm will hit early November, and not just Boubouille.

Besides how often is he wrong? Once every 2-3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerOnly View Post

It doesn't guarantee a thing. Things could get delayed and blizzard would just add another mini-patch before it, just like they already did several times in the past.

And the same build is on PTR, difference is only the stuff being tested.

What this can in some way guarantee is that we will be getting the 4.0.1 patch before the anniversary, and don't forget we will also be getting 4.0.3 before expansion.

So doing some math, adding the human factor, its more close to the begging of February of next year for the expansion.

But hey, what do I know, right? :P