Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Cataclysm Beta - Build 13066 (Codename Bubbles)

Cataclysm Beta - Build 13066 (Codename Bubbles)
    A new beta build should hit the servers pretty soon, see the changes below.

Warlock Tier 11
    The model of the Warlock's set is now available. I'm not really sure how the gloves are supposed to look, I'm just guessing and they either look like the screenshots below, or like that.

WoWTal.com - Talent Calculator
    The Cataclysm Talent Calculator has been updated to the latest build.

World Maps
    Ahn'Qiraj - The Fallen Kingdom is now an independant zone at the south of Silithus.

Achievements
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Feats of Strength!

Raids & Dungeons
    • Heroic: Nefarian - Defeat Nefarian in Blackwing Descent on Heroic difficulty. Title Reward: Blackwing's Bane
    • Heroic: Sinestra - Defeat Sinestra in the Bastion of Twilight on Heroic difficulty. Title Reward: Dragonslayer
    • Heroic: Al'Akir - Defeat Al'Akir in the Throne of the Four Winds on Heroic difficulty. Title Reward: Of the Four Winds
    • Defender of a Shattered World - Complete the raids and Heroic dungeons listed below. Title Reward: Defender of a Shattered World
    • Pardon Denied - Defeat Baron Ashbury in heroic Shadowfang Keep before he casts Stay of Execution.
    • To the Ground! - Defeat Commander Springvale in heroic Shadowfang Keep before he becomes empowered with Unholy Power.
    • Bullet Time - Defeat 12 Bloodthirsty Ghouls with Pistol Barrage and then defeat Lord Godfrey in heroic Shadowfang Keep.

Spell Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Racials

Companion Pets

Death Knight (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    No changes, sorry.

Druid (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Balance

Feral
    • Thrash affects all targets within 8 yards. (Tooltip clarification)
    • Tiger's Fury now increases physical damage done by 88.8% for 6 sec. (This one is weird, might want to wait before theorycrafting)
    • Pulverize base additional damage increased by 66%.
    • Stampede now affects your next Ravage. (Tooltip clarification)
    • Fury Swipes - When you auto-attack while in Cat form or Bear form, you have a 5/10/15% chance to cause a Fury Swipe dealing 200% weapon damage. This effect cannot occur more than once every 3 sec. / 5 yd range, Instant

Restoration
    • Lifebloom can now be cast on an unlimited amount of targets while under the effect of Tree of Life.
    • Omen of Clarity (Passive) - If specialized as a Feral Druid, Omen of Clarity will also have a chance to occur from your auto-attacks. (Tooltip clarification)
    • Tree of Life now lasts 30 sec, down from 45 sec. Costs 6% of base mana, down from 13% of base mana.
    • Efflorescence no longer procs from Regrowth critical heals, now procs when you heal with your Swiftmend spell. Now heals all nearby friendly targets within 8 yards (up from 4 yards) for 10% of the amount healed by your Swiftmend over 7 sec.
    • Blessing of the Grove no longer increases the damage done by your Claw and Shred.

Hunter (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Marksmanship
    • Marked for Death no longer applies Hunter's Mark to the target, now applies the Marked for Death effect. Marked for Death is the same as Hunter's Mark, but undispellable, does not restrict stealth or invisibility and lasts 15 sec.

Survival
    • Scatter Shot no longer has a 5 yards minimum range. (Beta-only bug, but at least you're sure it's gone now)
    • Noxious Stings now increases damage done on targets afflicted by your Serpent Sting by 10%, up from 5%.

Pet Abilities

Mage (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Arcane

Fire
    • Frostfire Bolt base damage increased by 2%.
    • Combustion now creates a new periodic fire effect on the target, lasting 10 sec and dealing the same damage per time as all your existing periodic fire effects.

Paladin (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Holy
    Spiritual Focus no longer gives you hit based on your Spirit. Renamed to Paragon of Virtue - Reduces the cooldown of your Divine Protection by 10/20 sec and the cooldown of your Avenging Wrath by 30/60 sec.
    • Enlightened Judgements now also grants hit rating equal to 50/100% of any Spirit gained from items or effects.

Protection
    • Divine Shield's Forbearance effect no longer affects Divine Protection.
    • Hand of Protection's Forbearance effect no longer affects Divine Protection.
    • Vindication now has a 50/100% reduces damage done by your target by 10% for 30 sec, up from 5% for 10 sec.
    • Divine Guardian is now a Tier 5 talent, up from Tier 4.
    • Hammer of the Righteous now costs 12% of base mana, up from 6% of base mana.
    • Seals of the Pure is now a 2 Ranks talent, down from 3 Ranks. Seals of the Pure - Increases the damage done by your Seal of Righeousness, Seal of Truth and Seal of Justice by 6/12%. (Down from 5/10/15%)

Retribution

Priest (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Discipline
    • Power Word: Barrier now costs 30% of base mana, down from 65% of base mana.
    • Train of Thought now causes your Smite to reduce the cooldown of Penance by 0.5 sec, down from 1 sec.
    • Rapture can now occur once every 6 sec, down from 12 sec.
    • Soul Warding is now a Tier 2 talent, down from Tier 4.
    • Atonement now heals a nearby low health friendly party or raid target within 8 yards from the enemy target equal to 60/120/120% of the damage dealt. (3rd Rank is still there but I guess they're changing the talent to 2 Ranks)
    • Archangel Evangelism effect now has a 30 sec cooldown, up from 15 sec.
    • Borrowed Time is now a 2 Ranks talent, down from 3 Ranks. Moved from Tier 2 to Tier 4. Now grants 7/14% Spell haste after casting Power: Word Shield. (Old - 5/10/15%)

Holy

Shadow
    • Sin and Punishment now reduces the cooldown of your Shadowfiend by 3/10 sec when Mind Flay critically hits, down from 10/20 sec.

Rogue (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Combat
    • Fan of Knives now costs 35 Energy, down from 50 Energy. Now deals 80% of thrown weapon damage.
    • Ambidexterity (Passive) now increases damage done by your off hand by 75%, up from 50%. Now increases damage done by your thrown weapons by 75% as well.

Subtlety

Shaman (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Enhancement
    • Mental Quickness now reduces the mana cost of your instant spells by 75% instead of reducing the cost of shock spells by 60%.

Warlock (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Demonology
    • Summon Infernal is now under the command of the warlock for 45 sec, down from 1 min.
    • Decimation now affects targets at or below 25% health, down from 35%.
    • Impending Doom now reduces the cooldown of your Demon Form by 15 sec, up from 6 sec.

Destruction
    • Backlash now has a 8/16% chance to proc, down from 13/26%.

Warrior (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Arms
    • Wrecking Crew is now a 2 Ranks talent, down from 3 Ranks. Wrecking Crew - Your Mortal Strike critical hits have a 50/100% chance to Enrage you, increasing all damage caused by 5/10% for 12 sec.

Fury
    • Heroic Leap now has a 1 min cooldown, down from 2 min.
    • Skirmisher now reduces the cooldown of Heroic Leap by 10/20 sec, down from 15/30 sec.

Protection
    • Intervene no longer has a 8 yards minimum range.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2010-09-25 at 09:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    nice changes!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    sweet

'Of the Four Winds,' ooh, I like that title. Once I've got Professor though, I may never change my title again, however...

Awesome, wtb Dragonslayer lol..

Resto druids are nerfed even more than they already were lol.

No Shadow love? :/

Does this mean cataclysm will be out before/during the anniversary?

I have mean't to ask but have always forgotten, with the change to ToL duration, has its new model been implemented in beta servers? As I have yet to see it.

LF9M Bastion of Twilight must have 12k GS, got Dragonslayer!

Does the anniversary achievement mean a november release?

And so the numbers tuning begins...

Deleted
    sigh... are those lock nerfs really needed? I mean, seriously?

really don't know what spec to play now :/

When did Lifebloom become restricted to one target? Is that just now, or did I somehow miss that?

Warlocks ffs

Resto Druids - not happy

so wait wait what? AQ is going bye bye like ZG?!...never heard about that before now O.o
    This is the point where /headdesk doesn't quite cut it... So I start using /bodywall

15+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping for some Death Knight changes... I suppose they think we're OK now...

Awesome changes for some classes, nasty changes for others. And the titles are just imbasauce

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMallet View Post
    Does the anniversary achievement mean a november release?
    Why would it? We knew about Cataclysm last year, before the 5th anniversary, and it didn't come out. More than likely it will just be added during a Tuesday maintenance or a patch, regardless of whether we're playing Cataclysm then or not.