Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Its Electric View Post
    I like the idea, but alas we're all dreaming if we think that either:
    A) The community will adapt and overcome
    B) They don't and begin to quit and blizzard still doesn't nerf.
    I like this but at the same time I don't. Reason I don't is because Blizzard sure as hell can't balance numbers, which will inevitably lead to stacking.

If not I'd be all for this, it will bring up the average 1337ness of players regardless of what happens.
    Yes blizzard is **** stupid and thought well... let's bring back CC and make heroics more heroic so we can lose subscribers. They also have no clue what the community wants, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    Maerad - end boss with nova was hard? yes, running out when he starts casting then back in is the hardest thing ever to achieve.
    Funny that Loken was the most-died-to-boss of all of WOTLK up until General Vezax finally took over months later.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli View Post
    Funny that Loken was the most-died-to-boss of all of WOTLK up until General Vezax finally took over months later.
    Loken wasn't a dps dependent boss - he was easy enough to heal through even in 3.0 gear, though admittedly not so easy for a paladin.

The only dps dependent bosses I can think of are the ones that are dependent on dps to STOP dpsing. DPS can still reliably wipe the group on Devourer of Souls and to an extent Tyrannus.

Well, we all QQ about how easy and fast heroics are atm, and whenever we were getting Occulus (some patches ago) or whenever we get HoR "omg, /leave", in other wiords, ppl had become slacky, they want the best gear with minimum effort, and most of them haven't met the meaning of the word "Grind".
    Can u remember the grind on Vanilla? u had to spend hours in order to get some gold for your flasks, ot for your 100% mount, or for some crafted gear.. Do u remember TBC? How many primals have u grinded? how many hours spent in the plateu in Nagrand? How many deaths/kills u got there while farming?
    Ppl do npt know all that now, they just want epics without moving a finger...

On 5mans now, in Vanilla, u were spending sometimes hours to find a group for Scholomave, then u were flying/riding there, and then u were spending a good 1 hour in there clearing all bosses and getting some loot.. Most ppl were performing fairly good, if they were not, the RL had to kick and find a better one.. In TBC, the trend was not much different, bad the kicks were more frequently.. Suddently, on heroics, we all knew the healer's job better than the healer.. all tanks that could not hold aggro while a warlock was nuking was supposed to be a n00b and kick him.. Now in wotlk things are worse.. If u cant DPS good, u r getting kicked, if i have more epics than u , u r getting kicked, if u loose aggro once, u r getting kicked..

And now Cata will come, problem is, ppl will no longer tolerate anything bad! So we, as a community, have 2 choices. We can either be tolerant, and helpfull, and have some brains into our head, OR we can start /ignore /kick anyone that does not fulfill our standards and spent 4 days to finish our first hc..

The problem in our minds is not the question "Kick or no-kick that low DPSer guy", but the fact that the low DPS guy will join a hc without the appropriate gear, and without knowing the tacts
    Got a Warlock as a main, a Druid and a DK at 80 as alts and lvling a Rogue..

"You are only as good player, as the guild you are into"

Quote Originally Posted by zoma View Post
    i think i'm going to limit my heroics to guild runs until 4.1
    this

Deleted
    All these things were in WotLK aswell, they were just poorly implemented. For example, the first boss of Utgarde Pinnacle. You can dps the 3 spirits down (which goes way to fast and you got way too long to do it) or you can let the sword land and injure, not kill (not even close) your comrade. WotLK actually had cool mechanics in their 5-mans in many places, you could just outheal them far too soon and it became more effective ignoring everything while nuking the bosses down faster while healer spammed aoe heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Yes blizzard is **** stupid and thought well... let's bring back CC and make heroics more heroic so we can lose subscribers. They also have no clue what the community wants, right?
    Did you even read what I wrote or...?

Quote Originally Posted by Vetis View Post
    Maerad - end boss with nova was hard? yes, running out when he starts casting then back in is the hardest thing ever to achieve.
    Uhh, yeah, three weeks after WOTLK came out, Loken was an EXTREMELY healing-intense fight that was very difficult for shaman and paladin healers that could not keep up a group while running out and back in (while the damage kept ticking). Especially if you had a tank or dps that refused to help you out by running as a group and letting the boss walk back to you after the nova (while you caught up on heals).

For a dps who wouldn't know or care about the actual difficulty of the fight as long as their numbers were high, ok, I can see how you would scoff.
    Last edited by Jezpalulaj; 2010-09-26 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Clarified which fight was in question

Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    I remember HoL HC (before or when PDK was released) being an ass - played my twink up and all were "so-so" geared - questitems, some blues, nothing like today. It was FUCKING hard. We wiped about 4-5 times - end boss with nova was the hardest off all.
    Loken has nothing to do with DPS. You missed my point entirely

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Loken has nothing to do with DPS. You missed my point entirely
    It had to do with fight mechanics if you were lucky to have a good healer. After tanking the first boss in GB I can tell you that dps is not used to having to deal with fight mechanics. Moving from Blitz just seemed too hard for some. Also realizing that the tank isn't going to pick up ALL those adds, was another. Learning how to kite and prioritize who to attack was also an issue.

If things stay the way they are, I won't be using the LFD tool, but instead wait until my friends come on and run it with them. There is no point in waiting 20 minutes+ for a random group of people that might not have the capacity or CC to complete the dungeons. I imagine, sooner or later Blizzard will implement a smarter LFD algorithm that will group people together based on potential and CC.

LFD is great in WotLK because a single person in great gear and who knows how to play can carry the rest of the group whether they are tank, healer or dps.

The new instances along with heroics look fun and exciting, just not with random people.

I find it funny that everyone says they know wtf to do and of course all their friends know wtf to do too. If that was truly the case where are all these bads coming from that no one wants to play with?