Question A Wild Hunt talent question

In the upcoming 4.0 patch is Wild Hunt, for pets, really worth it? Since if left on auto-cast, your pet's just gonna spam its attack(s). Is it really worth it? Should it be changed? I'd like to hear what people have to say about it. Thank you!

The pets can't spam their attack, it has a 3 second cooldown. But yes, it's worth it. Currently BM pets are doing anywhere from 50%-70% of the hunter's total damage. It allows them to do mega damage even now, once Sic'Em is available for BM, it's going to be sick if they don't adjust numbers further.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Together with Sic 'Em, they will deal a lot of damage.
    The current problem is that BM can't really get Sic 'Em, which is (in my opinion) stupid.
    Sure you can

Quote Originally Posted by Faerieheart View Post
    Sure you can
    He means at level 80.

Wild Hunt is amazing. 220% damage for 200% focus cost ends up always being better, especially because GftT does help with focus regen.

At 85 it will be even more brutal.

Deleted
    With <20% crit on a dinged 85 I'm not so sure that wild hunt will pay off initially. It surely has gigantic possibilities once we're decked in purples again but I'd be very conservative with the strength of GftT/Sic'em/Wild Hunt for the early days of cata. Here's a (wacky) bit of math:

assuming 20% crit, 2,0sec autoshot, 3AS/10secs:

GftT: 1 focus/second for the pet.
    Sic'em: 1 proc per ~16seconds.

That's not much and I doubt that wild hunt will pay off at those lower gear levels.

Wild Hunt is actually always worth it because 220% damage for 100% more cost is effectively 10% more damage, period.

Deleted
    Kind of. It's true that with the current pet-talent-trees a BM will use 2/2 wild hunt simply because of a lack of DPS-alternatives. For a non-BM it's much more of an issue because there is an alternative in shark attack. (can't log into PTR at the moment so I might be wrong).

But honestly it's wrong to assume that wild hunt always is a dps-increase. Your pet needs 50+ focus to use the 'empowered' attack. If this condition never/rarely occurs (granted, it will for the first two attacks at least) the talent points are basically wasted. You need an effective pet-focus-regeneration of 8.34/sec, else wild hunt won't do anything.
    Last edited by mmoc019c19adc5; 2010-09-27 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the way haste is going to be one of the stacked stats for hunters in cata, the amount of focus a pet will be granted from gftt and the free attacks from Sic' em, it will eventually be how it is now with the current gftt talent and the pet will be drowning in focus, though i do agree at lower levels/gear it may not be worth it, but again it depends what kind of scenario we are basing this on