Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I see it now.
    Twilight fortress from the highlands, heavy rain, then Deathwing, his wings flapping loudly, flies close, lands and lets out a dreadful roar, then takes off and flies away to reemerge in half a minute and repeat his action. Yep. Replace roar with male BE dk "/lol" emote sound if you like.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelthas Sunwalker View Post
    am i only one here who liked dragon roaring from wotlk login?
    yup.

I like it, even if it was a boss that would be able to kill about a year and a half to two years later from Wotlk launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Sure hope it isn't that "Purple portal" thingie that is untextured...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Sure hope it isn't that "Purple portal" thingie that is untextured...
    It is, currently.

I only hated wraths login screen after actually fighting sindragosa, then when we did heroic it just made it 10x worse, and after doing all you can eat I really dont want to see another internet dragon as long as I live.

OT: Hogger running in and kicking your screen and everything turns sideways would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrone View Post
    I don't care tbh just for the love of god no more *flap flap flap, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWRRRRR!!!" when I am trying to log-in. PLEASE D,:
    It takes you that long to log in? Even with an Authenticator, I log in way before Sindragosa even lands. ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Nice find. i'm surprised nobody's noticed your post ^.~
    It's actually quite old already, Kannis posted it here first (on MMOC) but the thread got locked.

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    It is, currently.
    Not in the beta.

I think it would be nice if we had more than one log in screen, I don't see a reason why we should be stuck with a single log in screen for the exapansions entirety, I miss the Vanilla and TBC log in screens, so I think it'd be nice if we had a randomly selected log in screen every time we started the game.

Why do people dislike the roar? does the roar petrify you? Does it annoy you? why does it annoy you? wouldn't every roar then in game annoy you? What about the death sounds for players or NPCs killed. surely you hear those way more often than a roar. Is the roar too loud? you'd think after 2 years people would have learned by now. The roar doesn't stop you from typing or logging in, it just seems like something people can jump on the bandwagon about. Bandwagon people sure do hate the most menial things. Does hating Bandwagon hating constitute as Bandwagon Hating? How do we break this cycle of hypocrisy? Something else about hypocrisy, why do those people who cry out that nostalgia was the only good thing about something automatically get a free pass from the same thing being said about them? In a few expansions, everything good now will be something that was "seen through rose colored glasses" and nothing will every be good. Do you like walls of text? I like walls of text, they are very enticing to the eyes. When you see one you for sure know it's got to have a couple of guys who are up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared. She said you're moving with your auntie and uncle to Bel'Air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

I don't care as long as it doesn't involve a loud annoying roar, everytime I log in its a race to not hear that damn thing...

heuuu...yes,you are the only one

---------- Post added 2010-09-26 at 10:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Why do people dislike the roar? does the roar petrify you? Does it annoy you? why does it annoy you? wouldn't every roar then in game annoy you? What about the death sounds for players or NPCs killed. surely you hear those way more often than a roar. Is the roar too loud? you'd think after 2 years people would have learned by now. The roar doesn't stop you from typing or logging in, it just seems like something people can jump on the bandwagon about. Bandwagon people sure do hate the most menial things. Does hating Bandwagon hating constitute as Bandwagon Hating? How do we break this cycle of hypocrisy? Something else about hypocrisy, why do those people who cry out that nostalgia was the only good thing about something automatically get a free pass from the same thing being said about them? In a few expansions, everything good now will be something that was "seen through rose colored glasses" and nothing will every be good. Do you like walls of text? I like walls of text, they are very enticing to the eyes. When you see one you for sure know it's got to have a couple of guys who are up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared. She said you're moving with your auntie and uncle to Bel'Air.
    this is a very...philosophical way of thinking... kinda way to much for a game were must ppl is -20 yrs old, try again.

but to answer to you... one thing is hearing random roars in a virtual fight and another thing is repeatedly hearing the same roar for 2 years and when you aren't even in a fight, it becomes annoying

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    heuuu...yes,you are the only one

---------- Post added 2010-09-26 at 10:05 PM ----------

this is a very...philosophical way of thinking... kinda way to much for a game were must ppl is -20 yrs old, try again.

but to answer to you... one thing is hearing random roars in a virtual fight and another thing is repeatedly hearing the same roar for 2 years and when you aren't even in a fight, it becomes annoying
    Philosophy is becoming less and less meaningful in today's culture of instant gratification, selective listening and really just the option to do whatever you want, protected by some sort of crazy logic. And I'm no old man, I'm in the ~20 year old age, and I do find myself taking liberties with today's society, but at least I understand that.

It's just crazy that kids these days...even though I'm only 2 decades in my life. They are getting cell phones and texting in elementary school! I didn't even get a phone till late high-school, and even then, texting wasn't so big... Have you SEEN what texting has done? Not only to youth, but to everyone? Take driving! They illegalize talking on the phone w/o a hands free device...yet more and MORE people are texting while driving! Taking their eyes OFF THE ROAD. How do they think that's even at all safe? Oops, I went on another rant...

On Topic: I do like the idea of multiple Log in Screens. One with Deathwing. One with the Maelstrom. Perhaps an old god in another. I would really like a serene scene that then becomes overshadowed with a looming threat, like maybe the earth starts to crack and volcanoes erupt. But maybe all that noise will annoy people as well >.>
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deathwing sitting one a burning and ruined structure would be kinda epic. But no roars - agree on that. Just QUIET snoring, hurling fire etc....
    Now here we stand with their blood on our hands
    We fought so hard now can we understand

We all know it's going to be that naked goblin female from the goblins' calendars, dancing to the beat of Beyoncé, with Hogger in the background biting a gnome's head off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually the only thing im waiting for now is the cataclysm login-screen and the cinematic trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Nice find. i'm surprised nobody's noticed your post ^.~
    I second this, how is everyone missing what he just posted? That's pretty strong evidence that we're getting that crappy portal as the login screen.

I might kill someone if there is a dragon roaring
    We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

Although it's not the focus of cata, i would really like an Uldum scenery like the entrance to HoO pyramid or some windy dunes. Budd popping in your face screaming AHOOOY!! every 1 min or so would be legendary.