Triumph/Frost Badge True Conversion

I have done it. The numbers arent exact but close enough to see how many justice points you will get when your badges converge over to the new system. Copying my character over i found that i had alot more justice points than what the MMO champion calculator gave me. So i did a lil bit of math and found out how to use the calculator to get near how many justice points you will really get from your Badges.

First find out how many badges you have of frost and triumph then multiply it by 4.14. Now input the new number into the MMO-Champion calculator and Shazaam! You get a more accurate number of how many justice you will receive when the new content patch goes live.

Just as a following warning this is just what the conversion rate is now it does have a possibility to change since it is the PTR and my formula isnt 100% accurate but it will get you within the 10-50 points of what your number is depending on how many badges you have.

Madd Scientist Out! hopefully this helps some people out there that want to still gear before the Expansion.

I think they already posted a calendar on the MMOchamp site's main page.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorkleft View Post
    I think they already posted a calendar on the MMOchamp site's main page.
    l2read OPs. He just said it didn't work for him, and he showed a different way to calculate it.

I don't have the PTR on so i don't know. Don't really care, either, but i guess if you're right, it's good input.

I really doubt that you will get 4.14 justice points for EACH triumph and frost badge.

The conversion rate that was used by MMOCHamp in that post was based on a blue post that specified it. It was clear that you get 2.75 points per badge.

Highly unlikely it works like you said, but as soon as my character is copied I will let you know.

My first character copy came within 3 justice points of the MMOChamp calculator "estimate"
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio View Post
    I really doubt that you will get 4.14 justice points for EACH triumph and frost badge.

The conversion rate that was used by MMOCHamp in that post was based on a blue post that specified it. It was clear that you get 2.75 points per badge.

Highly unlikely it works like you said, but as soon as my character is copied I will let you know.

My first character copy came within 3 justice points of the MMOChamp calculator "estimate"
    What exact calculator are you using cause i copied a char over with 180 frost and 180 triumph and ended up with around 4100 justice points. I was able to buy 4 pieces of T10 with some justice points left over.

---------- Post added 2010-09-27 at 01:02 AM ----------

I have 2 screenshots showing my live currency tab and my ptr currency tab... but for some reason i think im to much of a newb on this forum to post links or pictures.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...nor-Calculator

This one. It has the blue post as well with the "current" prices ( http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/14574...ges-explained/ )

There seems to be something fishy going on with the conversion as well on PTR, but I'll confirm when I swap over.

However, 4100 justice points which you got comes to around 11.4 justice points per frost or triumph (if 4100 points are around 360 badges, dividing ends up at around 11.4 per badge). That is on one side too much according to the blue post, and from another - too few according to the justice points "drops" by bosses, which is reported to be 16.

Considering it's PTR, and it's a new system being implemented, there are most likely many bugs with it and people are getting pretty random results. For example,I noticed that my honor points remained exactly the same on PTR, and didn't get "converted" to the new ones. I.e. I had roughly 50k honor on live, and instead of having around 1200 like the blue suggested, i ended up with 50k

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

It would be very nice to know, if it would be more useful to spend all the frost / triumph emblems, because the item prices are (or could be) rising.
    I can't remember the justice point you get per bosskill on the ptr.
    But ATM the converstionrate and the itemprices are wrong / too high or it could be really useful to get all the frost / triumph gear before 4.xx goes live.

15+ Year Old Account
    so with calculator 1454 badges. with ptr 360 badges. i hope they make a post that confirm one or another b4 this patch goes live
    Last edited by hellar; 2010-09-27 at 09:58 AM.

The calculator on MMO-C said I would get maybe 500 points or so and on the PTR I have around 2500 points for +/- 60 frost emblems and 150 triumph emblems.

Copied my character 2 days ago.

Oh and yesterday I got 16 JP from killing one boss iirc on the PTR. Didn't really pay a lot of attention to it so maybe it's not accurate but that would mean that what is now on live 1 emblem is 16 points on the ptr. So 2.75 JP per emblem is ridiculously low.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2010-09-27 at 09:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    The calculator on MMO-C said I would get maybe 500 points or so and on the PTR I have around 2500 points for +/- 60 frost emblems and 150 triumph emblems.

Copied my character 2 days ago.
    Yup, the ratio has definitely changed on the PTR.

Makes sense, considering the item costs for the Frost/triumph gear.

I mean...don't even bother farming emblems for Cataclysm Justice points...

3 heroic dungeons and you'll be pretty much at 300 already

yeah it seems the mmo calculator is wrong, you get more points per emblem, which makes sense, because the items prices are just too high for 2.75 justice points per emblem

Deleted
    It's Public TEST Realms (PTR). Things are going to get buggy.

Use the numbers a blue post has which are going to be the official conversion rates, once 4.0 hits Live.

Either the blue post was lying or they're just making it higher in the PTR to disappoint players when Cata goes live. So they can feed on your tears.

It would be nice of blizzard to put out their own calculator so people know what to do before they put out this content patch.

Some people still want to gear while they wait for 2 to 3 or more months untill cataclysm. Just saying it would be a considerate thing for them to do.

Because atm 4100 justice points = at their conversion rate is 1491 badges.
    Last edited by Captdonkey; 2010-09-27 at 07:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdonkey View Post
    It would be nice of blizzard to put out their own calculator so people know what to do before they put out this content patch.

Some people still want to gear while they wait for 2 to 3 or more months untill cataclysm. Just saying it would be a considerate thing for them to do.

Because atm 4100 justice points = at their conversion rate is 1491 badges.
    They don't need to put out a calculator, they just need to give out accurate formulas and then any of us brainless monkeys can figure it out ourselves. I think it was pretty expected that the original formula for conversion was heavily flawed as it equalized the value for Triumph and Frost emblems when they should in theory not be worth the same amount.

It would really help solve this puzzle if people would stop posting estimates and post actual anecdotal evidence then we can figure out the conversion rate ourselves with a little algebra. People should be posting:

Live Frost Badges pre-transfer:
    Live Triumph Badges pre-transfer:
    Justice Points received after character copy:

Justicepoints= FB(FB rate)+ TB(TB rate)

Everything else is just a waste of time because saying you got about X points or had around Y badges is a waste of time.

I have 2 screenshots of my live and ptr copy of yesterday... but im to new to this forum to post pictures or links

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TowerTom View Post
    Use the numbers a blue post has which are going to be the official conversion rates, once 4.0 hits Live.
    Quote Originally Posted by knumskul View Post
    Either the blue post was lying or they're just making it higher in the PTR to disappoint players when Cata goes live. So they can feed on your tears.
    Originally Posted by http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?sid=1&topicId=14574620792&pageNo=3#43
    Here's some information on how each of the currencies will be converted in the next content patch. Keep in mind these values may change, and they can get a bit math heavy. Just know that our intent is to appropriately value each mark and provide a conversion we feel is fair.
    I wish people could read.

It's very likely they've changed the conversion rates based on the fact that ALL values have changed on the PTR. Now, 60 Emblems of Frost, transferred over at an 1:11.5 ratio, will actually buy you the Emblem of Frost trinket. Before, you'd need around 300 Frost, which was clearly broken.

Character copied over:

Live - 110 Frost / 112 Triumph
    PTR - 2547 Justice Points
    Ratio ~ 11.5 Justice Points per badge

For me when I copied over the same character before previous PTR build ~2.75 was correct
    After the last PTR build - 11.5

Quite a substantial increase, and it would seem to make more sense