Poll: Best dps spec?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Deleted

Best dps spec 4.1?

hey. havent had the chance to go on the test servers yet, but been reading a lot and, since 4.1 is soon, really wanting to start to get an idea of the best dps spec to be preparing for for the incoming patch, talents, glyphs, gems etc.

so i wonder, atm is there a prevailent spec in terms of dps out of bm mm and survi atm?

i know im gonna go bm atleast for offspec for the pet buffs etc, but which is best out of mm and survi atm? and which spec is best overall dps?

also gems, agi, agi and haste or?

im aware tht there are still many bugs etc, butd be cool to be kept updated on the best dps sppec, or wht seems to be at current

cheers

---------- Post added 2010-09-26 at 07:50 PM ----------

bump, awaiting comments ^^[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by mmocdac6abb2da; 2010-09-26 at 07:51 PM.

I doubt anyone is answering you because 4.1 is months and months away. The patch that's upon us is 4.0.1 and there's lots and lots of threads already listing what's going on with the different specs there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    I doubt anyone is answering you because 4.1 is months and months away. The patch that's upon us is 4.0.1 and there's lots and lots of threads already listing what's going on with the different specs there.
    Yeah, 4.0.1 wise i go BM with Effiency and Go for the Throat in marks

31/5/0 is definitely the best deeps right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    MM fo sho. always liked the play style since messing around with my friends hunter. Have my heart set on Worgen MM hunter with Pitch *from Shol* as my main pet when I get to the level! and a white wolf or something.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad that it is going to make hunters more diverse in specs...for a little while. While hunters are out learning focus and the new specs they will be all different instead of every raider being MM with the same boring rotation over and over.

First impressions based on ptr testing:
    BM is currently the strongest, mastery makes pets do huge amounts of damage and it's hard to beat it. Downside is if your pet dies you now pull 3-4k dps without buffs, max of about 6-7k with full procs and short duration fights.
    MM and SV are both about the same in damage, but MM's mastery is terrible. It does not proc enough and just feels extremely lackluster, aimed shot is terrible after so many nerfs even with 100% crit on test dummies. arcane shot is currently out dpsing explosive shot per focus with full mastery reforge; both sv and mm only pull about 7-8k tops on dummies with pets only contributing 1k or less dps. bm was brought down with the ninja kc nerf but im still able to pull at least 10k steady. one thing that is very nice about sv is its aoe capability, serpent spread causes multi shot to do 1) phys aoe damage on everything like FoK 2) improved serpent sting proc on every target too 3) give the targets serpent sting for the dot afterward that can stack from extra applications.

Basically the issues I see with the specs are:
    bm- its hard to equalize pet vs master damage without making pets retarded op in pvp (which they are in beta) arcane shot nerf cuts down master damage significantly but unfortunately arcane is still one of the better abilities hunter has in their entire arsenal over all 3 specs

mm- aimed shot is bad, chimera losing its srs function makes it somewhat weak, still decent since it refreshes but meh. it feels like i just sit there and spam steady shot all day because it has terrible focus regen.

sv- explosive is aweful and only good for l&l procs and arcane shot is 9/10 times a better allocation of focus dumping. black arrow is sorta meh, costs a lot of focus and lock and load procs are far and few between again. almost makes me feel like we need to use trap launcher to proc it to get any use from explosive. major problem with sv is the thrill of the hunt mechanic, its a very weak focus regain. the proc chance is either too low or it doesn't restore enough per proc.

that's my long rant about stuff thats going to change before cata even comes out anyway (hopefully) wall of text says hello!

Devilsaur + Enraged = 26k Monstrous Bites.

You show me higher crits.
    U p H___~ Restoration // Enhancement since 07.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowpunch View Post

That's really something considering Monstrous Bite doesn't do damage anymore. Please share your secret!

Deleted
    Beast Master is going to have his days of glory (A lot of players dream about that, for years.)
    Well, i'm not a huge fan of this spec, but i think this is quite fair for them. They need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowpunch View Post

hunters in bis are doing 50k+ killshots easily on live right now.