Existing items with new ilevel in cata

What happens to the existing items in game now, that are changed to a lower or higher item level and required level in cataclysm?

Like Book Of The Dead, or Brightly Glowing Stone?

Will the existing ones people have now stay at their current item level and only new ones are the lower level? or will all existing ones be downgraded to the lower level and weaker stats ?

What about the items that are increasing level, things from places like razorfen downs are being made higher level.

With a few stat changes on items, BC and WotLK items should be the same item level. Now with the change of Vanilla wow and its own set of items, that will pretty much change altogether. Spellpower is being removed from all items except weapons and offhands, the removal however did bring a rather large increase to my stam/intellect..they will pretty much be the same thing, but scaled to how cata operates

kiss your gear goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Ahelenek View Post
    kiss your gear goodbye
    Pretty much! I will be destroying my dual spec gear but keeping my main dps gear just for reminiscing. Nibelung <3
    However yes it sucks that it will be going bye bye anyway soon. Blue posts I read a while back are saying that you will be replacing 25 H-ICC gear in the starting quests of Uldum/Twilight Highlands

That isn't what the topic creator is asking you two.

At any rate, the items are going to automatically convert to their new versions. As for how that works with items that became higher level, those don't give any stat bonuses comparable to how speccing away from Enhancement as a Shaman will disable your off-hand weapon.

so far what i've seen ingame is they create new versions of the old items with slightly tweaked naming, or not even bothering to rename them. think level 80 vs level 60 onyxia loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.