Chakra take our auras animation

Did you see how the animation of chakra is? I was hoping someday we got something like that

10+ Year Old Account
    But you didn't.

It's not like you ever see Auras more then, what, once? You put it on, then you never recast it or change.

"PALADINS SHOULD GET THE AWESOME ANIMATION THAT THEY WILL ONLY SEE ONCE FOR THREE SECONDS" < "Priests should get a new, flashy spell. Especially if it's going to have high uptime and allow some distinction from all the other cloth-wearers that look the same."
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastrcapn View Post
    But you didn't.

It's not like you ever see Auras more then, what, once? You put it on, then you never recast it or change.

"PALADINS SHOULD GET THE AWESOME ANIMATION THAT THEY WILL ONLY SEE ONCE FOR THREE SECONDS" < "Priests should get a new, flashy spell. Especially if it's going to have high uptime and allow some distinction from all the other cloth-wearers that look the same."
    ...What?
    Yes and no, but maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefiis View Post
    ...What?
    Well, this is what I'm saying.

Quick. Cast an Aura.

Ok, now it's gone. Now, until a spell-heavy fight where you have to switch to a resistance aura, or the next time you mount, bam. Never seeing it again.

Why waste development time on stuff people are never going to see? (Yeah, yeah.. Upside-down kara, Stormwind Vault, I know...)

Chakra States, on the other hand, last for a decent amount of time. And they're shiny and look special. Paladins already have like a hundred flashy spells.

(For the record, I have a paladin at level 80 who is my second most-played toon, so there is no anti-paladin hate here. My priest, on the other hand, is level 44.)

Deleted

Quick. Cast an Aura.

Ok, now it's gone. Now, until a spell-heavy fight where you have to switch to a resistance aura, or the next time you mount, bam. Never seeing it again.

Why waste development time on stuff people are never going to see? (Yeah, yeah.. Upside-down kara, Stormwind Vault, I know...)

Chakra States, on the other hand, last for a decent amount of time. And they're shiny and look special. Paladins already have like a hundred flashy spells.

(For the record, I have a paladin at level 80 who is my second most-played toon, so there is no anti-paladin hate here. My priest, on the other hand, is level 44.)
    I do believe their point was, Paladins have been asking for persistent auras for a long, long time. Not just the one second graphic. And apparently, this Paladin in particular was hoping that aforementioned Persistent Auras would look somewhat like Chakra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    I do believe their point was, Paladins have been asking for persistent auras for a long, long time. Not just the one second graphic.

OH. Well, color me idiotic.

No, I freaking LOVE the ideas of persistent auras!

I mean, I would kill for a way to see what paladin was being dumb and using Crusader aura... ><

/Support, /disregard me.

Deleted
    thats why we have hand of freedom, to look awesome while healing.

Quick. Cast an Aura.

Oh, okay, thank you, you initial post came off to me as some what of a QQ post, but this clears it up.
    True, you only see the animation upon activating the thing, and it has no duration, as priests have a duration, with an uptime at 100% but i pules, and its a core part of their talents it seems. I do agree that paladins have a lot of flashy spells (The Holy Light, who would've guessed eh? *ba dum tss*) Maybe extend the aura animation up from the ground some (Or a small pulse with a glow with the aura's current animation, i.e. WC), instead of a 2D flat animation, but Chakra's animation should only be left to the priests. TBH Paladins are fine with their aura spell's current animations, anymore work on aura animation does seem a bit useless and for the most past unseen after its first cast. The spell animations of everything in this game have gotten a lot better, and are getting to be really nice, but I don't believe this is any reason to start recoloring it and sharing it between the classes, it'll seem so much less spectacular when another class can spam the same animation all the time too.
    Yes and no, but maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    thats why we have hand of freedom, to look awesome while healing.
    QFt

Oh I wish they changed the Chakra animation to something SMALLER... Seriously, Holy Priests are in a Chakra state almost constantly and that huge shiny stuff under you gets irritating quite fast.
    Change it to an animation like Devotion Aura :c that would be more... elegant?

The Chakra Aura is a little...intense, I agree. If they could either turn down the opacity or simply make the symbols less cluttered it would be less distracting. Also, remember that the Chakra Aura is only going to be active in combat unless you feel like spamming spells while standing around to keep it going, and it is only available to one spec in the game.

Besides, you will need to keep an eye on which Chakra they are currently in, and will need to switch depending on the fight. As mentioned in the thread already, as a Paladin you generally don't need to keep track of what Aura you are in and change it every minute like with Chakra.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2010-09-27 at 12:54 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    At the moment i am more concerned about mechanics for Paladins then spell shine... Take Warriors for example, fairly boring animations, but interesting mechanics that get the job done.

I know we have been crying for WCIII style auras on Paladins since TBC, and visible librams since god knows, but i think we will never get those. For me as long as we can have interesting, tuned and workable mechanics ( i am a happy bunny).

OH. Well, color me idiotic.

No, I freaking LOVE the ideas of persistent auras!

I mean, I would kill for a way to see what paladin was being dumb and using Crusader aura... ><

/Support, /disregard me.
    I support this thread. Its weird that priests get it when paladins have asked for pulsating aura;s since vanilla!
    Also would like to know which idiot paladin is too retarded to change away from crusader aura.

Paladins have lots of flashy attacks, but almost none last longer then a a second.

Seal, judgement, blessing all one second or less animations.
    Avenging Wrath is the only "flashy" animation that actually lasts long enough. And even the priests have gotten a better angel wings graphic.

We had great animations, and then they removed them (remember the old seal animations...the SoCom one was the best xD)
    Pulsating aura's was initially a paladin idea.
    Death Grip was initially suggested for Paladins
    After Deathgrip was given to DK, Life grip was suggested for Holy pala's (jsut not as fervent as death grip) and now priests have it.

The thing that blizzard could never give to another class from us, visible librams. Has been taken away from us! By making relics interchangeable between DK, Druid, shaman and paladin, u will see a lot of paladins with relics other then librams. Thus there will never be put any effort to make the librams visible for that small percentage of ppl who wear librams.

Priests have become too flashy.
    They have their chakra aura, their lifegrip, the PW:Barrier, Mass dispel, Sanctuary, that other spell that looks like holy flames surrrounding the priest (recolored mage graphic)

Seems a bit weird to me.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Seal, judgement, blessing all one second or less animations.
    Avenging Wrath is the only "flashy" animation that actually lasts long enough. And even the priests have gotten a better angel wings graphic.

We had great animations, and then they removed them (remember the old seal animations...the SoCom one was the best xD)
    Pulsating aura's was initially a paladin idea.
    Death Grip was initially suggested for Paladins
    After Deathgrip was given to DK, Life grip was suggested for Holy pala's (jsut not as fervent as death grip) and now priests have it.
    If it makes you feel better, every healer got a version of "healing Consecration" (Healing Rain, Efflorescence, Holy Word: Sanctuary) except for Paladins