Quote Originally Posted by marmion View Post
    Read post #11:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...=1#post8937254

With the exchange ratio of 2.75 JP per EoF/EoT you will need:
    800 Emblems for Legs/Chest/Helmet
    600 Emblems for Belt/Gloves/Shoulders
    455 Emblems for Neck
    345 Emblems for Offhand
    Dont forget theres a 4000 point cap at the time of conversion, so dont save up beyond that or your gonna end up with some gold and a really angry face >:O[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2010-09-27 at 01:42 AM ----------
    Last edited by mezmir; 2010-09-27 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    Why are people confused?

First iteration of the expansion (patch 4.1)
    For Justice points and doing heroics you will buy and get from bosses iLevel 346 blues only (no epic gear).
    For Valor points and from the three raids on release you will purchase Tier 11 (with tokens that drop in said raids) and other iLevel 359 epics.
    You cannot get epic level gear unless you raid (so for casual players the first patch will be quite sad in that respect).

Patch 4.2
    Tier 11 will still require the tokens that drop in the first tier of raids but equivalent epics will cost Justice Points. This means that in the next major patch after release, iLevel 359 gear will become available to people who run heroics and aren't able to raid. Tier 12 will cost Valor points and armor tokens and be something like iLevel 374 epics, and equivalent iLevel epics will cost just Valor points. The three raids that get released with patch 4.1 will then award Justice points rather than valor points.

What this means
    When the expansion is released, non-raiders will not have any epic gear. When patch 4.2 hits, many months into the expansion, the playing field is not levelled, as the difference between T11 ranked gear and T12 ranked gear will be rather big. Remember that they are itemising with T13 in mind, and have worked backwards from there. This means that come 4.2, the lower level of epic gear which becomes available to non-raiders will be good enough to step up into the current tier of raiding but the gear available from doing those raids will be far superior.

It would also be nice to have epic gear drop from the end bosses in heroics, a la TBC - but that won't be, it seems, until 4.2.

So raiders, rejoice, and naysayers, go sit in a corner. So-called "casuals" are not going to steal your epeen-ranked gear.
    That"s not correct.

First, non raiders WILL be able to have epic gear on the first tier of content (4.0).
    - the dayly heroic will reward the player with Valor Points.
    - the last boss of heroics will drop an epic item (it was like that in WotLK and TBC anyway)

Second, when the second tier of raiding arrives (4.1), all the items from the valor vendor will be moved to the justice vendors. You will get these items (including T11) from farming heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ektoplasme View Post
    Not correct.

Raiders Will have access to epic quality gear on release day.

- the first heroic of a day will give you Valor points (the dayly heroic)
    - the last boss of each heroic will drop 1 epic item (equivalent to the purples sold by the valor point vendor)
    [/COLOR]I highly doubt anyone will be able to clear raids on day one. And just cause I wanna look at the info, where did you hear for certain about the epic items off the last bosses? All the vids i've seen online have shown no epic loot thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by mezmir View Post
    [/COLOR]I highly doubt anyone will be able to clear raids on day one. And just cause I wanna look at the info, where did you hear for certain about the epic items off the last bosses? All the vids i've seen online have shown no epic loot thus far.
    Clear raid on day one? no, but that's not what I am saying. Without raiding, you will be able to get Valor points with the daily heroic (at a low rate sure, something like one piece of epic gear every 15 days or so).

I'm pretty sure about the epic on last boss. It was the case in The Burning Crusade and in Wrath of the Lich King and I see no reason why they would remove it. The reason why you didn't see any epic drop on the videos is because the loot is not implemented yet. Even the blue loot was not fully implemented until recently. The epic loot is being implemented at the moment.

My only question, how many points do you get per boss/run at 85, the more numbers the better (any at 83-85 Normal? If so how much.. how much at 85 Heroic?)

From what I saw on PTR, it was 16 points per level 80 heroic boss, how does that compare to Beta

Quote Originally Posted by mezmir View Post
    Dont forget theres a 4000 point cap at the time of conversion, so dont save up beyond that or your gonna end up with some gold and a really angry face >:O[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2010-09-27 at 01:42 AM ----------
    The 4000 points cap is a "soft cap", you can get more points when the conversion is done, but you will not be able to earn more points as long as you are above 4000 JP. Sometime later this will become a hard cap, when all points above 4000 will be deleted and you won't be able to get more than 4000 points.

Clip. Read the blue post wrong. Its a lot of badges, lets get to work people.

5000 emblems for the full set, roughly.
    Last edited by Yooya; 2010-09-27 at 08:56 AM.

- the last boss of heroics will drop an epic item (it was like that in WotLK and TBC anyway)
    From what I've seen watching streams of cataclysm heroics, they do not drop epics. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    I'm personally not against handing gear down. However, they should put a timer on the vendors, an unlock system if you will, before the gear can be bought. This way players who earned their T11 maintain their advantage into T12 content. The other thing I thought cool would be is if Tier sets were reduced to Blues, only in name, upon a new Tier's release. These are probably just my fool ideas though.
    lol advantage..really????

Deleted
    Sadly this is going to be exactly as Wotlk: valor points for dailies -> tier and epics without raiding (except, for now, 2 pieces out of 5 for wich you actually need to kill a boss, in Naxx they dropped 4)and so on for every new tier.

Clear raid on day one? no, but that's not what I am saying. Without raiding, you will be able to get Valor points with the daily heroic (at a low rate sure, something like one piece of epic gear every 15 days or so).

I'm pretty sure about the epic on last boss. It was the case in The Burning Crusade and in Wrath of the Lich King and I see no reason why they would remove it. The reason why you didn't see any epic drop on the videos is because the loot is not implemented yet. Even the blue loot was not fully implemented until recently. The epic loot is being implemented at the moment.
    so its pretty much exactly like woltk..exactly what i thought

---------- Post added 2010-09-27 at 04:06 AM ----------

That"s not correct.

First, non raiders WILL be able to have epic gear on the first tier of content (4.0).
    - the dayly heroic will reward the player with Valor Points.

Second, when the second tier of raiding arrives (4.1), all the items from the valor vendor will be moved to the justice vendors. You will get these items (including T11) from farming heroics.
    also don't forget about the new pvp instance(voa style)will the drops in there be like live..2 piece of tier gear?

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Emblems of Heroism items were all epics.
    Emblems of heroism were also from all 10man instances at release.

anyone here actually know how many points each boss/dungeon is worth at 85? and how many points you get in "normal" dungeons leveling 81-85 (non-heroic) -- as in, how many points per normal dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    No. Tier 11 Will require you to go through raids. You wont get Valor points wihout raiding.
    wrong

Deleted
    I just wonder how much valor points you will get per raiding boss and of the daily heroic.

You recieve 75 Justice points per boss in a HEROIC dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kewi View Post
    My only question, how many points do you get per boss/run at 85, the more numbers the better (any at 83-85 Normal? If so how much.. how much at 85 Heroic?)

From what I saw on PTR, it was 16 points per level 80 heroic boss, how does that compare to Beta
    I saw 75 points from a lvl 85 heroic boss kill in one of the Totalbiscuit videos.

awesome, info i needed! thanks!

So will it be possible to do randoms? Seeing as randoms ignore your instance locks @ 75 points per boss (if thats indeed the final amount) thats 136 triumphs per 5 boss instance... lol.... Not even worth grinding to hit a few pieces between now and then honestly. Might as well just do randoms (if they will be available and still ignore locks) as soon as you hit 85.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard stated ages ago they intended to make the heroic 5man stuff blues, just like the first tier of pvp, the next season/raid tier though, they will be the purples you currently get for raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Droes; 2010-09-27 at 01:07 PM.