Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I got a fast Question. Abit off-topic but anyway.
    Me and my firend are playing Feral kitty and Disc priest in arenas atm. Have hitted 1,8k rating.
    But we wer'e talking last night about the hit cap for pvp?
    What is it, and is it really needed? Thinking of that the bleed does most of the damage.

Deleted
    Now I have a dilemma. If bear is not viable, I'm not sure I want to go Cat, because I'm PVE specced for Bear, not Cat, so I don't have the normal DPS increasing cat talents. My offspec is Resto, but all I hear about Resto in PVP is QQ about them being very very boring and very very crap! At least Resto only has one even half useful PVP talent to be concerned with so I could happily use my PVE spec for PVP,but fun??

Why can't blizzard just have a use for non-Dps in PVP? :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by farmergiles View Post
    Now I have a dilemma. If bear is not viable, I'm not sure I want to go Cat, because I'm PVE specced for Bear, not Cat, so I don't have the normal DPS increasing cat talents. My offspec is Resto, but all I hear about Resto in PVP is QQ about them being very very boring and very very crap! At least Resto only has one even half useful PVP talent to be concerned with so I could happily use my PVE spec for PVP,but fun??

Why can't blizzard just have a use for non-Dps in PVP? :-(
    Enter: Rated BGs.

I run a PvE bear spec in rated BGs because I'm the flag carrier or I need to guard a node. And I've won half a dozen arena matches with PvE bear because I forgot to switch specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    Still yet to try Gilneas and Twin Peaks, hope they are a dam sight better than that useless Tol Barad. Hated Wintergrasp, Tol Barad is no improvement. Sticking that many players together just makes it an AOE carnage fight.

Though guarding a node in bear form is useless if your teammates aren't supporting you or can't reach you in time as you won't be able to survive very long against enemies particularly if you got stuck with a warlock or mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fade View Post
    I got a fast Question. Abit off-topic but anyway.
    Me and my firend are playing Feral kitty and Disc priest in arenas atm. Have hitted 1,8k rating.
    But we wer'e talking last night about the hit cap for pvp?
    What is it, and is it really needed? Thinking of that the bleed does most of the damage.
    Players are equal level 'characters', same as for lvl 85 mobs, you need 5% hit. And yes, this is something you want to try to get. Missing a bash, skull bash (after hot fix) or maim can be very annoying.

so far i'm getting mixed results in arenas, but in BGs and TB i've found feral to be a lot of fun. now my spec is mainly cat with a couple bear talents for survivability and i usually can stay alive a while plus being at or near the top in damage with a good amount of cc options.

Deleted
    Problem is to gimp yourself as bear in PVE is a dangerous thing to do as you really need all the decent talents. But to hybrid the spec to work for cat in PVP isn't possible without wasting a dual spec, which is better spent on Resto.

Quote Originally Posted by farmergiles View Post
    Problem is to gimp yourself as bear in PVE is a dangerous thing to do as you really need all the decent talents. But to hybrid the spec to work for cat in PVP isn't possible without wasting a dual spec, which is better spent on Resto.
    Ever hear of RE-SPEC? Caps at 66 gold and the glyphs can be switched out for 10g. There is no problem expect your gold limitations, which there shouldn't be any.

Deleted
    Certainly not, though only because I refuse to spend anything on the AH other than essential levelling mats because the AH is stupidly expensive for Cata leather! :-)

Though it's the hassle of constantly having to jiggle your spec/glyphs about, not to mention ensuring your UI copes with different abilities been taken off and put back on your spec. Tailoring Bartender just to work with dual spec and keybinding alone is painful enough. Tempted just to have a spec for Resto that's PVE and PVP ready, wud save on UI and spec issues.

Is there a guide for Cataclysm Cat PvP somewhere? Could not find any here... Thanks guys!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    Is there a guide for Cataclysm Cat PvP somewhere? Could not find any here... Thanks guys!
    Working on one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naatzz wrote a pretty good one. It's on Arena Junkies / Blizzard EU Druid Forums.