Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You won't even need to change towns. The only reason you will travel is for leveling, and raids (welcome insta raid guild teleport!)

As it is now, players are in 2 cities, Dal + 1 major city for AH. Come cata, you will be in 1 major city and thats it. You will always find somebody in this major city how can craft wathever you want.

In my realm, you either go in Dal or Org, all other cities are dead, now Dal will be dead too. Org will rulz!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shags the penguin View Post
    I hope my guild over recruits mages now .... thinking like 10 of them would be useful.

Is it possible to invite an alt make a portal swap char take portal if you are in the same group ~?
    You can get on your mage and another char as long as you have a 2nd person inviting both to the same group. Then all you need to do is log over before the 1 min timer is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't bother me, I'm glad the portals are gone, encourage people to go to their destination and explore the new zone changes. I know I won't be paying greedy mages.

Deleted
    In the name of Bring the player, not the class, Blizzard will now also give portal spells to DK's, Moonkins and hunter moth pets. Oh, maybe a portal totem too.

Im sure they will just put portals in SW and ORG ect..they wouldnt allow mages the be the only people who can get around fast imo.

The joys of having a mage alt;
    *Have both chars in the same place
    *Invite a non-busy friend or guildy from the mage char
    *Create Portal
    *Log the other alt char and get an invite
    *Click portal for profit

Yes, this does work, I use it all the time :3
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2010-09-27 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Snownova View Post
    Woohoo! Dalaran and Shattrath portals are getting removed
    A new golden age of magehood will dawn as we extort every last copper from the lower beings when they wish to travel the world!

Mwoehahahaha

As you can gather, I approve of blizzard removing the portals, and returning our monopoly on instant travel.

What do my fellow mages think?
    Are you taking into account that everyone will be able to fly at 310% speed at lvl 85 :S

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby John Kenobi View Post
    More Demand = lower prices
    You live on Mars? More demand = more customers = highier prices

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adibandi View Post
    You live on Mars? More demand = more customers = highier prices
    Economics 101 is hard!

You can probably charge 20+ gold for a portal to a city close to one of the new zones at the start of cata.
    You do know that there are Portals to all of the new Zones, i.e. Hyjal, Twillight Highlands etc., in the Factions respective Major Cities Sotrmwind an Orgrimmar?

Other than that you´ll only "need" Portals for Leveling.Ani doubt that there is a high demand of Portaltraveling to quickly get to the Trainier.

Eh, gives me something to do for money other then farm =p

Probably start a taxi service, Portals 10g if your in my area / 15g if I have to go to you in a city / 25g if you want me to come to you anywhere. and a Flight taxi service with the sandstone drake from alchemy, 3g per zone travelled. (so STV to EPL would be alittle under 30g)
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

I will be fine on my 310% mount ... no portals needed here.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a mage alt, and i don't think i'm going fo one .

But i don't think we should won gold just by rolling a class, because it's very unfair with other classes. I'm totaly against this Blizzard, classes should be balanced each other, if one class can spare or make gold, lets say, by having free ridding skill or lockpiking....or making portals, other classes should have a similar mechanism, where is the balance with this???

You tranforming mages in to gold vampires Bliz

I think all theses facilities should go for a profession instead of a class.....BRING BALANCE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    You won't even need to change towns. The only reason you will travel is for leveling, and raids (welcome insta raid guild teleport!)

As it is now, players are in 2 cities, Dal + 1 major city for AH. Come cata, you will be in 1 major city and thats it. You will always find somebody in this major city how can craft wathever you want.

In my realm, you either go in Dal or Org, all other cities are dead, now Dal will be dead too. Org will rulz!!!
    Um...I enjoy the Engineering only AH just fine in Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby John Kenobi View Post
    More Demand = lower prices

If supply does not change for portals but the Demand shifts to the right because of an increase in demand for portals then the price, and the quantity of portals will go up. PLZ learn you shit you tard
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I'll be sticking to my mount and zepellins. They're free, and oftentimes smell better than mages too.

But more seriously, I doubt mages will be able to get away with massively extortionate portals even with the increased demand. I know for sure I'd rather spend 5 minutes waiting for a zepellin than shelling out 20g+ for a portal. Sure, you'll get a lot of gold from impatient/rich people (like those who payed 100g for portals to Dalaran at the start of Wrath), but personally I'm not worried about it at all.

Hopefully the change will give some appreciation and profit to mages (I have one myself, but usually drop portals for free), I just don't see portals becoming as profitable as some posts here seem to indicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torne View Post
    Why the hell do mages so insist on portals being an income??
    the time it takes to get 3 people a portal could be spend doing one daily resulting in much more gold.
    Or do you guys always find stupid suckers that pay 10 gold per portal because they have no guild/friends?
    Poor you, roll a mage and get over it..

We ask money for portals, because:
    1: it cost us money
    2: we need to buy reagents (effort = money)
    3. we need to make a portal (effor = money)

Sum those 3x money up, and u get the price we ask today

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Doesn't bother me, I'm glad the portals are gone, encourage people to go to their destination and explore the new zone changes. I know I won't be paying greedy mages.
    No it doesnt. XD It encourages them to look for mages! Think realistically dude. THIS is how it plays out in real life..."Hmmm I could get a portal to Undercity from a mage in Org....or I could walk there and admire the beauuuuuuutiful scenery! ........................................................PORTAL PLZ!!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    No it doesnt. XD It encourages them to look for mages! Think realistically dude. THIS is how it plays out in real life..."Hmmm I could get a portal to Undercity from a mage in Org....or I could walk there and admire the beauuuuuuutiful scenery! ........................................................PORTAL PLZ!!!!"
    I'm not a lazy player + I love the scenery, guess you're used to taking portals, but I certainly am not. Only time I ever needed a portal was for my alts, ONCE.

Woohoo! Dalaran and Shattrath portals are getting removed
    A new golden age of magehood will dawn as we extort every last copper from the lower beings when they wish to travel the world!

Mwoehahahaha

As you can gather, I approve of blizzard removing the portals, and returning our monopoly on instant travel.

What do my fellow mages think?
    lol, the supply and demand model necessitates demand. This is going to drop dramatically. I have a Mage, but the ONLY reason I bound them to the inn in Dal was for the free portals around the world. Without those free portals, there is absolutely no reason to have lower lvls in Dal or Shattrath. We won't use portals for travel in Az, the boats, etc are just too convenient to those locations.

80s won't need portals, with the new portals to the new zones, that's a gimme.

So, who exactly is going to need portals under this new model? Toon leveling is linear.. And lower levels will no longer have a need to bounce between cities.

The only real users that I see are people traveling to dal or shat to pick up a vendor specific item or the like. Which will be far fewer people than need portals today.