15+ Year Old Account

PTR/Cata Ability Queue

For those of you who don't know, on the PTR servers right now is an "Ability Queue" system being tested. This option works almost like ability queues in other games by recording which ability you press and using it immediately after your current GCD finishes. The problem with this system is that a) There is no way to turn it off, and b) once an ability is queued, you cannot change it.

Example:
    1. I'm happily spamming renews on a mostly healthy raid to pad meters and cushion spike damage
    2. All of a sudden, that stupid hunter in g3 stands in ____ and takes a lot of damage
    3. I try to save said hunter by casting Power Word: Shield on him, but instead...
    4. I cast renew on a full HP mage in g4

This happens because I was "locked" into casting Renew with this new ability queue and my g3 hunter dies to _____

Copy paste this scenario to any tank or DPS class with procs (hello t10 rets and kitties!)

Now I'm all for an Ability Queue to reduce the impact of latency in the game (and give my fingers a break from mashing FFFFFFF) but this system is clunky to the point of unplayability because you cannot change what's next in your queue. What are your thoughts on this, guys? There's a really big thread on it in the PTR forum to try and bring some developer attention but I'm banned for protesting RealID's forum implementation (lol Blizz keeps unhappy customers quiet >.>)
    Last edited by wildcardNS; 2010-09-27 at 10:02 AM. Reason: spelin ar hard

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Deleted
    You shouldn't be spamming renew on all raid members in Cata as you'll be OOM in no time then. Thus, it shouldn't be a problem.

At least that's how it's supposed to be come Cata, if I understood GC right.

15+ Year Old Account
    The system is probably unfinished. There are huge amounts of bugs and unfinished ideas on the PTR atm, hence the 'delayed' release date for Cata.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Ataris View Post
    You shouldn't be spamming renew on all raid members in Cata as you'll be OOM in no time then. Thus, it shouldn't be a problem.

At least that's how it's supposed to be come Cata, if I understood GC right.

That's not the point of the post. I don't even have a priest >.> its an example of why I believe the system is flawed.

---------- Post added 2010-09-27 at 10:33 PM ----------

Posted this too late to get any opinions it seems..

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!