Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Huzzah for Engineering
    w00t! XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by knumskul View Post
    I could say the same for you. I qouted the guy complaining about leveling ALTS in Northrend and Outland. He never said anything about new players.
    I was refering to your response 'And your main would be where? Oh yes, either org or IF depending on your faction' with my new players comment...A new player won't have a main stored in a city

Nah idk just seems kinda pointless and waistful, also if you don't go back for a long time it gives it that conquest field. not to mention you could always mail whatever to your characters
    Video games and the female audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZVZRsy8N8

15+ Year Old Account
    If you gonna use Auction House why did you even go to Outland/Northrend? They added class trainers instead of portals because the reason for the Portals was to get to the trainers. Not so you could go to an Auction House.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nah they shouldnt get a AH coz they will be pretty dead look at shat atm... also they will remove portals so it will be less active because of that.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    It isn't difficult for Blizz to add an AH NPC. Now if Blizz hadn't added trainers to Shat and Dal then I wouldn't be asking, but seems little reason not too

15+ Year Old Account
    No.
    I am and always will be the optimist. The hope for far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams.

Deleted
    People seem to be forgetting NEW PLAYERS will be questing and levelling professions in Outland & Northrend

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I was refering to your response 'And your main would be where? Oh yes, either org or IF depending on your faction' with my new players comment...A new player won't have a main stored in a city
    It doesn't have to be a main. It takes a matter of minutes to make an alt and plop him in a city, and he can be used for all of time. It's not like only mains can use the AH. So your point was irrelevant.

It isn't difficult for Blizz to add an AH NPC. Now if Blizz hadn't added trainers to Shat and Dal then I wouldn't be asking, but seems little reason not too
    Trainers are needed for training while leveling. AHs are not. You can not mail your trained skills from another character.

People seem to be forgetting NEW PLAYERS will be questing and levelling professions in Outland & Northrend
    And NEW PLAYERS can train their professions in outlands/northrend, and gather or craft while in outlands/northrend. Not many leveling recipes require much from other professions. Not to mention leveling professions is meant to be a bit of a time sink. More so if you don't have the appropriate gathering profession. Thus professions are not really relevant to needing to add an AH.

New players probably wouldn't even know about the AH. And I doubt they'll know what is sellable on the AH as well. They'd most probably vendor lots of things.

So it doesn't make much of a difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post

Trainers are needed for training while leveling. AHs are not. You can not mail your trained skills from another character.
    People increase profession skill whilst leveling...Also why should new players create an alt for the sake of 20 levels when a simple AH NPC can sort it?

---------- Post added 2010-09-27 at 01:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by knumskul View Post
    New players probably wouldn't even know about the AH. And I doubt they'll know what is sellable on the AH as well. They'd most probably vendor lots of things.

So it doesn't make much of a difference.
    Are you saying players will be clueless of AH till level 60?

10+ Year Old Account
    It all depends on why blizzard took off the portals,

if they took them off to reduce the traffic on main cities, then giving AH to shat and dalaran makes sense, because loggin on another toon to access the AH would create traffic in the main cities.

if they took them because they wanted shat and dalaran to be deserted then well i dont see them adding more functionalities to them

i really hope its the first one

10+ Year Old Account
    People increase profession skill whilst leveling...Also why should new players create an alt for the sake of 20 levels when a simple AH NPC can sort it?

Even when it comes to gathering proffs, I always, always get to 80 first, and then work on everything else after.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lopus View Post

if they took them because they wanted shat and dalaran to be deserted then well i dont see them adding more functionalities to them
    I accept this if Blizz hadn't added trainers... So first option is logical

---------- Post added 2010-09-27 at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Even when it comes to gathering proffs, I always, always get to 80 first, and then work on everything else after.
    I never because mining/skinning/collecting mats is a ball-ache once at 80 because your returning to previous zones where you could have gathered whilst questing...Mat drops/node spawns are in zones to match your level and proff skill

they should have auction houses. I'm pretty frustrated that blizzard would negate any value of my (OVER NINE THOUSAND GOLD) really expensive dalaran ring.

ah well, dalaran will still have a portal to tanaris at least, and that's right by uldum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just put an AH in every minor city/town?
    Just kidding ofc... they shouldn't put AH in Dalaran/Shattrath City... I love having to take a little trip now and then
    I think I might even go to Dalaran now and then when I hit 85... simply to see how beautiful it can actually be, when i have more than 2fps in there

Oh and btw, it would be nice if they added ONE portal in Dalaran... a portal to dalaran... gotta love those idiots who take the portal, and then gets confused when they end up in the same city they took the portal from!

I'm well aware they increase the profession while leveling. In fact, I addressed it in that very post. You know, in the part you cut out? Cutting out the relevant part of my argument doesn't mean it wasn't there. It also seems an awful lot like trolling.

Once again, you can level professions just fine in Dal. For more details see my previous post.

They don't have to make an alt for the sake of 20 levels. They should do it long before then if they care about rapid leveling. If they don't care about rapid leveling, then going to and from the old cities shouldn't be a big deal either. They could also simply not use the AH. I generally ignore it on most my chars while leveling. It isn't worth the time. There are plenty of options. Not having an AH is not gamebreaking. It provides a timesink, and that's not necessarily bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    I'm well aware they increase the profession while leveling. In fact, I addressed it in that very post. You know, in the part you cut out? Cutting out the relevant part of my argument doesn't mean it wasn't there. It also seems an awful lot like trolling.

Once again, you can level professions just fine in Dal. For more details see my previous post.

They don't have to make an alt for the sake of 20 levels. They should do it long before then if they care about rapid leveling. If they don't care about rapid leveling, then going to and from the old cities shouldn't be a big deal either. They could also simply not use the AH. I generally ignore it on most my chars while leveling. It isn't worth the time. There are plenty of options. Not having an AH is not gamebreaking. It provides a timesink, and that's not necessarily bad.
    Same can be said for trainers...So why add 'em to Shat/Dal

Anyway we're arguing on oppinons now so little point...I simply don't see a valid reason why not if Blizz added trainers already

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, they shouldn't. Dal & Shattrath just became training hubs for people leveling those expansions so that you don't have to travel all the way back to SW / IF / Org etc to train as you exp from 58 to 78. That's it, and I agree with the change. Those of us with engineer bank alts will enjoy a nice, quite and lag-free Dalaran come Cata and I'm quite looking forward to it.

More or less. Even if they did, they wouldn't know what exactly would be valuable from their questing/leveling. Especially if they vendored for a good amount of gold, compared to the other trash you collect when leveling.