authenticator question

so yesterday i preformed a factory restart on my ipod, not realizing until it was too late that i needed to remove the authenticator before hand. i emailed blizz billing and account services with my issue and i am wondering if anyone here knows how long i will have to wait for them to remove the authenticator and allow me to recover my account

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I had a similar problem whem my phone broke. I called them, was on hold for 1/2 hour, spoke to a rep that emailed me a form, I replied to the email with a scan of my passport as proof of ID and another 1/2 hour later, it was done.

well ok. i emailed them first so i guess i will call them later today if i don't receive an email back but i do not have a passport yet and the account is under my parents name still so if i need to show an id would it be their id that i would show?

I just re-installed the Authenticator from iTunes, and it worked after my iPhone needed to be factory reset. All the Apps should be saved on your iTunes.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashcow View Post
    well ok. i emailed them first so i guess i will call them later today if i don't receive an email back but i do not have a passport yet and the account is under my parents name still so if i need to show an id would it be their id that i would show?
    It took me maybe a week to get mine taken off via email, but that's because the GM I got happened to take a few days off work the day after he replied to my initial email since he got a cold. That sentence really doesn't sound right, but I'm sure you know what I'm getting at lol.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

You always get an email back but it can take several days if they're really busy.

They want to see the ID that matches the account owner's name in their records. It doesn't have to be a passport... A drivers licence or ID card should do.

Once again, you don't need to contact Blizzard at all. Just re-sync your iPhone with the Apps on your iTunes and the Authenticator will be re-installed and work again. This same thing happened to me like a week ago.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

well judging by the responses i suppose i will have to call blizz later, but thank you for the responses

well judging by the responses i suppose i will have to call blizz later, but thank you for the responses
    No. No you don't. Just read over what I posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got mine removed from account in less than an hour too. Called Blizz, they sent me the form, I filled it out and posted with my ID scan and not much later it was done.
    Excellent service. Btw resyncing the iPhone did not work for me... then again, whole update from stupid iPhone went completely haywire... ordered an authenticator from Blizz, works much nicer.
    Last edited by velde046; 2010-09-27 at 02:27 PM.