elemental and spirit?

im very confused as the new ele pieces have 0 spirit are we just gonna roll with 0 hit or mp5. its most likely not finished but i was under the impression resto and ele were gonna wear the same gear almost. Is that still the plan or was it changed do we still need sprirt for hit rating?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did you see that?
    What I saw was eevn too much spirit on items and I think Ele will end up (again) having a hard time getting the right gear after being hit capped.

i think its just the tier 11 without spirit in that case it may be unfinished

Spirit is now a healer stat, why would you want it on your elemental pieces ?

Quote Originally Posted by aldar View Post
    im very confused as the new ele pieces have 0 spirit are we just gonna roll with 0 hit or mp5. its most likely not finished but i was under the impression resto and ele were gonna wear the same gear almost. Is that still the plan or was it changed do we still need sprirt for hit rating?
    have u seen every possible reputation reward items? they all have spirit, there isnt a single piece of caster mail without spirit.

i was massively relieved to see that tier doesnt have any spirit on it, because every mainhand/shield/belt/wrists/boots i have seen are stacked with spirit.

if there was spirit on tier i could easily have 3k spirit = lol fail i cant dps.

---------- Post added 2010-09-27 at 03:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tóny View Post
    spirit = hit now, but hell i dont want every damn piece of my gear with spirit on it, whats the hit cap 5k for 85 i dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tóny View Post
    Are you joking come on spirit is the new hit rating for the elemental shamans

Quote Originally Posted by rolfing shaman View Post
    Are you joking come on spirit is the new hit rating for the elemental shamans
    Must have missed that, my bad!

its not like sprirt is taking away from any other stat like haste, staking spirit wont force you to sacrifice mastery or anything like that. Also we dont know what the mana regen for ele will be like even with rolling thunder and i also remember reading the hit cap will go up for each progressive tier. The problem is its a little confusing either were gonna have and need spirit on our gear or its just gonna be useless i mean i dont wanna have to swap out tier pieces becuase my weapon and shield dont have enough spirit.

Spirit is going from a 100% useless stat for elemental shaman, to something we are gonna need to gear for in cataclysm yes.

Elemental wont have any talent to increase hit rating in cataclysm, sum that to hit debuffs being removed and do the math yourself

Spirit will be superior to gemming hit rating aswell since hit rating is just hit while spirit turns into hit and increases mana regen by a small ammount. Myself already crafted Nightmare Tears and spell power/spirit leg enchants

I think the main reason Elemental Precision was put in, so that if you are resto main spec and ele off, you can keep alot of the same gear without having to get lots of +hit gear when you switch specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    a) You can get hit/spirit with reforging.
    b) Offset items are the ones shared by resto and elemental. I'm gonna go ahead and guess those items will have a lot of spirit in it.

In terms of the Elemental Tier 11, they can actually itemize that gear directly for the spec, rather than putting that piece of gear on the boss that only 1 spec will use.

Obviously if we have the opportunity to have no spirit (no hit) on a few pieces of gear, that's nice. I don't like the idea of having 100% spirit gear just to have to reforge the spirit into a useful stat because I'm way over the hit cap or something.

As far as mp5, that's gone. Spirit won't regen any mana in combat for Elemental what so ever. You have abilities and talents to help you keep your mana pool going strong. You need the Meditation ability (something healers get at level 10 for choosing to be a healer) to make Spirit regen mana in combat.

It's most likely because while Blizzard homogenized your non-set armor pieces with resto shamans, they realize that you probably won't need spirit in every armor slot. Depending on the amount of spirit required (which I don't know what it is), you may only need a few non-set pieces with spirit and maybe a necklace/ring. Although, those non-armor pieces could have normal hit rating as well.

even if you dont regen mana in combat from spirit id rather gem for a "stat" rather then a rating thats going to give the same benefit as the stat itself.

mana regen out of combat comes usefull at times too

What confuses me is that there is no spirit or hit rating on our T11 gear, but the Justice Point rewards are loaded with spirit and some with hit rating.

At level 85, it takes 102.446 hit rating to gain 1% hit. If we use every piece of Justice Point gear as well as the "healer" epics, we'll have ~18% hit (19% for draenei).

If we expect to wear tier pieces, there will be a lot of reforging.
    Last edited by Taalyn; 2010-09-27 at 05:39 PM. Reason: incorrect combat rating

Elemental will once again get shafted on gear. With non-set epics, we'll be getting an insane amount of spirit (aka hit) on our gear and be forced into Reforging all of it to try and stay from grossly going over the hit cap and actually get the stats we need. If we get our full tier set, we'll end up dropping so far below the hit cap, because there is no hit OR spirit on ANY OF IT, that we'll be gemming every single socket with some form of hit/spirit. We'll be stuck in some weird in-between where we can't have our whole tier set for fear of losing too much spirit/hit. One step forward, two steps back. Thanks, Blizz.
    Last edited by njdss4; 2010-09-27 at 05:11 PM.
    When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    a) You can get hit/spirit with reforging.
    b) Offset items are the ones shared by resto and elemental. I'm gonna go ahead and guess those items will have a lot of spirit in it.
    This, Reforging will get you the needed spirit/hit in your gear if your missing it. As well as sharing gear....you don't want 5% crit chance for you Healing wave from resto gear? psssh I know I do. Seariously though, thats why they give us different TIER gear, so we can buff up our rotation spells and whatnot.

---------- Post added 2010-09-27 at 10:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
    Elemental will once again get shafted on gear. With non-set epics, we'll be getting an insane amount of spirit (aka hit) on our gear and be forced into Reforging all of it to try and stay from grossly going over the hit cap and actually get the stats we need. If we get our full tier set, we'll end up dropping so far below the hit cap, because there is no hit OR spirit on ANY OF IT, that we'll be gemming every single socket with some form of hit/spirit. We'll be stuck in some weird in-between where we can't have our whole tier set for fear of losing too much spirit/hit. One step forward, two steps back. Thanks, Blizz.
    Not true, just cuz our Tier sets don't have spirit or hit, you can reforge them with it. also...you have to think of the rest of our gear pieces...4 tier (who honestly takes the 5th piece) and 13 other slots with spirit / hit potential on them. Be happy that we actually get a conversion talent of some sort, cuz without it, that would be the real "Shafting" you talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by Donttakevurge View Post
    I've ran into far more stupid players.

OP, you'll never win in an argument with trolls/idiots/ret paladins/etc. etc. The best you can ever do is ignore it, or leave the group
    lol, ret paladins

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    What confuses me is that there is no spirit or hit rating on our T11 gear, but the Justice Point rewards are loaded with spirit and some with hit rating.

At level 85, it takes 102.446 hit rating to gain 1% hit. If we use every piece of Justice Point gear as well as the "healer" epics, we'll have ~18% hit (19% for draenei).

If we expect to wear tier pieces, there will be a lot of reforging.
    I'm not sure how you arrive at those hit numbers (18%). I just added up the pieces from the frontpage:
    Code:
    	Hit/Spirit	
    Head	0	EleT11
    Neck	112	String of Beaded Bubbles
    Should	0	EleT11
    Back	127	Heavenly Breeze
    Chest	228	RestoT11
    Bracers		
    Hands	0	EleT11
    Belt	150	Belt of the Still Stream
    Legs	0	EleT11
    Feet	159	Boots of the Perilous Seas
    Ring1	127	Twined Band of Flowers
    Ring2	134	Vicious Gladiator's Band of Accuracy
    Trinket1		
    Trinket2		
    Weapon	86	Modgud's Blade
    Shield	112	Shield of the Mists
    Relic	72	Relic of Eonar

As you mentioned the new hit rating conversion is 102 for 1%. We still aim for 17% (as I understand) thats 1742 hit rating. I took every piece with spirit on it - the caster version with hit if possible. I only took 4 EleT11 and one resto-off piece for the added spirit.

Yeah there are still a few blank spots and I didn't "gem" hit/spirit, I didnt reforge - but as you can see I'm still 4-ish% shy of the hit cap.

[Edit]I just re-read Rahdik post - and I guess we agree . The 18% is without the T11 gear... Oh well I guess I clarified it a bit[/Edit]
    Last edited by Darcam; 2010-09-28 at 12:04 PM.