Thoughts on Worgen

Multiple Forms

As was announced, Worgen will have both a Human and Worgen form. Now, some may think it will be a Cooldown based racial, but I disagree because they will be customizable. I think that each form will benefit either Caster or Melee.

This isn't meant to say that Worgen will have higher stats, and therefor better than other races, but more to mean they will perform best in the correct form.

Human Form

- Increased Mana Regeneration
    Too make this a Casting form, all Spirit and mp5 mana regeneration could be increased. Or, relatively speaking to other races, it would be more apt to say it is decreased in Worgen form.

- Increased Intellect
    A simple way to encourage Casting while not really affecting melee classes. I can't imagine Spirit being increased in the same manner, as it would provide less benefit to non cloth wearers.

Worgen Form

- In Combat Health Regeneration
    Worgens are known for their ability to heal quickly, and this would be a simple way to implement it. While it is similar to Trolls, I would note that they don't have increased Health regeneration, only that it is active in combat.

- Increased Strength/Agility/Stamina
    Similar to how Darkmoon trinkets work, your highest base stat out of the three could be increased in this form.
    Tanks would recieve Stamina
    Plate DPS would recieve Strength
    Mail/Leather DPS would recieve Agility.

Classes
    Now, unless it was announced while I was typing this, there is no current knowledge of what classes the new races will be able to play as. So, here is my speculation as to what classes would make sense for them to play as. (Not that I need to work really hard; Troll Druids, anyone?)

In the spirit of increasing the amount of classes per race, here are my 8 most likely choices for playable classes, and my justification for each.

Warrior
    Given that now even Blood Elves can be Warriors, there is absolutely no reason to assume Worgen could not.

Rogue
    As they can now maintain Human intelligence in Worgen form, it is no stretch of the imagination to assume they are capable of stealth. Also, Worgen are known for cunning and agility, as much as for brute strength.

Druid
    Now that Trolls can be Druids (lolwut?), an Alliance race should be able to play as one to even it out. It is not a very large stretch of the imagination that, in an effort to reclaim their sanity in Worgen form, a faction within Gilneass began to research other groups of shapeshifters. This could later change into an accepted belief, even if only in a small sect of the country.

Also, I believe their is some sort of connection between Worgen and Elune, although it is unclear as to what.

Warlock
    Humans were Warlocks before they were Worgen, so it would stand to reason that they could retain this class also. On top of that, you could also say that, in true Warlock nature, they presued the Demonic Arts in an effort to find a cure. Not to mention the corrupting nature of their curse.

Paladin
    This is one a few people would disagree with, but it is actually quite logical. These are not Forsaken Humans, they are simply burdened with a Curse. As we learned in Icecrown, with the Fallen Crusader quest line where you assist the plague infected Paladin, the Light does not abandon it's heroes. Also, if Goblins can become Shamans, (Not a stretch, since the Faction who joins the Horde saves Thrall) then Alliance would need another Paladin race to give it an eve 4:2 ratio of Shamans and Paladins.

Priest
    In a society that is cursed to this degree, it is no wonder why they would need faith, and something to believe in at a time like this. Priests are unique from Paladins in that they are more based on belief than Divine Power. Also, Humans were Priests, ect.

Hunter
    Worgens have more business being a Hunter than a Human does, since they are more attuned to nature.

Mage
    Not really much to go on for this one, aside from the fact that they were once Humans. You could also mention that it was Arugal, a Mage, who first summoned Worgen to Azeroth. They would have most likely researched his work.

Reasons the Others Didn't Make the Cut
    I did not put Shamans because it would imbalance the 4:2 Paladin Shaman ratio. Also, anyone who is familiar with Shaman lore knows they are about communing with the Elements, not Nature. I don't see how this would make sense for their race.

Death Knights were not chosen simply because it would make no sense. They have been hiding away for quite some time, and would not have been present in any war where they could be recruited by Arthas.

Starting Area

It has been said that Gilneas will heavily use phasing. This, to me, is a sign that there will be many changes to the zone as you level. It could be that when you level in the area you learn the history and changes that occured while the rest of Azeroth could not see.

Due to the epic nature of the Deathknight starting area, they may try a similar undertaking with Gilneas.

The Death and Rebirth of Gilneas
    One possible story line is that you play as one of the Gilneas citizens as the curse begins to spread. At first, your missions consist of containing the beasts, fighting them off as they attack your cities. Then, as everyone becomes infected, it could move on to finding a cure and researching possible leads.

There could be multiple quest chains for this, perhaps from certain Class leaders, which would also explain how things like Druid Worgens came to be. Then once you have learned to retain your Human mind when in Worgen form, you gain your racial abilities and are given a quest explaining how to use them. (Similar to the original Blood Elf Arcane Torrent/Mana Tap quest.)

In the 10+ leveling area, which would be equivilent to Ghostlands or Bloodmyst Isle, current events would begin to take affect and you would be given quest to fight off the hordes of Naga attacking from the sea. Eventually you would convince the current Gilneas leader to seek aid from the Alliance via ship to Stormwind, and would serve as messenger to the other nation leaders to finalize the alliance.

Discussion/Speculation

Have anything to add? It may end up here.

Discuss.

Re: Thoughts on Worgen

I don't know about all those classes, but everything else makes sense. I'm not sure if you got the idea about the initial storyline for worgen from somewhere else or not, but I like it. Either way, there are three classes I don't have lvl capped and I'll be making one of them so I can experience lvling this race.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoxtar
    I'm not sure if you got the idea about the initial storyline for worgen from somewhere else or not, but I like it.
    The storyline was completely made up, but hopefully me and Blizz share opinions. lol

THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotyz
    THIS WILL HAPPEN.
    Yes. Yes it will. lol

On a serious note, there are Worgen Mages currently, so them as casters is not new. Plus, if I'm right about Human/Worgen forms, you wouldn't spend much time in that form as Priest.

Death Knights were not chosen simply because it would make no sense. They have been hiding away for quite some time, and would not have been present in any war where they could be recruited by Arthas.
    They'll make Worgens as death knights even if they have to tweak lore so they can appease casuals.

I like the idea for the forms... but i dont agree with the paladins and priest.... but its hard to argue.. cuz they WERE humans....

death knights.. totally legit

but druids.. is kind of pushing it... having a curse and being attuned with nature... i dont see that happening

and its pursue under your warlock section ^_^
    sure with shaman change there will be people running around shouting "bankai" every time they use unleash weapons.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hips
    They'll make Worgens as death knights even if they have to tweak lore so they can appease casuals.
    Somehow I doubt them going to that degree to do so.

Also, now that I think about it, if Blizzard were to reimplement racial Realm Firsts every Worgen interested in the achievement would have to roll a Death Knight. I think that would cause too much outcry.

Quote Originally Posted by KidGosu
    I like the idea for the forms... but i dont agree with the paladins and priest.... but its hard to argue.. cuz they WERE humans....

death knights.. totally legit

but druids.. is kind of pushing it... having a curse and being attuned with nature... i dont see that happening

and its pursue under your warlock section ^_^
    Technically, the curse doesn't mean they can't be close to nature. I would more base it off the fact that they have a connection with Elune, and would want to research other shapeshifters and how they retain their humanity in animal forms.

Priest is totally legit imo. You can believe in anything no matter what race you are.

As for Paladins, it really is justified in that the Light doesn't abandon its heroes. Why would such benevolent beings abandon a people at its hour of need? Just doesn't seem like something that would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotyz

THIS WILL HAPPEN.
    This picture made me laugh hard. That is sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    worgen are fine as they are now tbh
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Dotyz View Post
    [Wulfadinz!]

THIS WILL HAPPEN.
    Sure. But it needs to be concurrent with this.

2009-08-16 12:28 AM

Old, outdated topic is old and outdated. A mercy killing is called for, I think...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    worgen are fine as they are now tbh
    This thread was fine when it was dead too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like your idea about different stats from the 2 forms. That'd be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Gob View Post
    necro
    Hey—blame the guy right before me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jeebus 2009?? You fished this up from the bowels of the forum underworld!

15+ Year Old Account
    Dawwwwwww