noob MMO-champion user needs help

Heya o/

I wouldn't call my self a newbie since I've been here for a year, but I am still kind of a noob because I started active posting not too long time ago, and now I have to ask a question

Is there a way to get a notification (to email preferably) every time some one replies to my post?
    and I am pretty sure there is, but I just haven't found out how to do it...yet

thanks in advance

also I didn't know on what forum to put this so I put it here as it is kinda off-topic...I guess

---------- Post added 2010-09-27 at 05:07 PM ----------

bump

Top right above the thread (under the banner)

Click 'Thread Tools'

Click 'Subscribe to this thread'

"I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Top right above the thread (under the banner)

Click 'Thread Tools'

Click 'Subscribe to this thread'
    No, not that, because I can just go to the "settings" on the top right and see subscribed threads, what I want to know,is, is there a way to get email notification every time some one replies to me, for example if you now answer me back by eather only using "reply", or "reply with quote" I would get an email saying "||Demon|| has replied to your post in this thread *link*" or something like that.

You can subscribe to threads you post in or threads you create.

Most all I would imagine use the quick reply box, this time I used the reply button on your first post to see if it shows up any different

edit: no it didn't, so i highly doubt you can do more than the two options I listed above
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2010-09-27 at 06:01 PM. Reason: testing

"I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    You can subscribe to threads you post in or threads you create.

Most all I would imagine use the quick reply box, this time I used the reply button on your first post to see if it shows up any different

edit: no it didn't, so i highly doubt you can do more than the two options I listed above
    so there is no similiar system that for example youtube has?

bah

under the quick reply box there is an option "go advanced" click it and then you will see "subscribe to ............" next to it scroll the option and you will see "instantly using email" thats it.

If you want to receive emails for each thread you post in, then you can change a setting in your general settings (site-wide). Go to your settings page. The fourth option is Default Thread Subscription Mode. Set it to Instantly, using email. You will now receive an email everytime someone posts in a thread that you've posted in.

If you only want to receive notification emails for specific threads (ie. ones you've started), then use Nemo's method for each thread that you want notified from.

Somewhat OT - but as I couldn't find a "comments/questions to the forum" -section this is as good as it gets...

I have a few questions about the forum:

How do I add that:
    ---------- Post added 2010-xx-xx at xx:xx PM ---------- ?

I take it thats something added automatically when you edit somehow?

Also - Now that I use the "Quick Reply" I have those "one click formating options" like the B, I and so on... But if I "Go Advanced" I just have a bigger text field to type in - but those "one click formating options" are gone - what gives? I know most of the BB formating codes, but in alot of cases its just much easyer to highlight a section of text and click-format it... Is there anyway I can actually keep the "one click formating options" when I "Go Advanced" - perhaps with even more options?

[Edit] And yeah I know I can click the BB Code -link - but thats not what I'm after... [/Edit]
    Last edited by Darcam; 2010-09-28 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcam View Post
    How do I add that:
    ---------- Post added 2010-xx-xx at xx:xx PM ---------- ?

I take it thats something added automatically when you edit somehow?
    It gets added automagically if you make another post in the same thread before anybody else replies. So you wont actually have 2 posts in the thread, just one that's extended.

How do I add that:
    Also - Now that I use the "Quick Reply" I have those "one click formating options" like the B, I and so on... But if I "Go Advanced" I just have a bigger text field to type in - but those "one click formating options" are gone - what gives?
    That annoys the hell out of me as well. Stupid feature.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    If you want to receive emails for each thread you post in, then you can change a setting in your general settings (site-wide). Go to your settings page. The fourth option is Default Thread Subscription Mode. Set it to Instantly, using email. You will now receive an email everytime someone posts in a thread that you've posted in.

If you only want to receive notification emails for specific threads (ie. ones you've started), then use Nemo's method for each thread that you want notified from.
    I'm little lost here now, it sounds to me that, that will give me email every time some one post's in to a thread that I have posted, but the post that gets posted to the thread doesn't have nothing to do with my post, how could I explain it better...

for example we have a situation where I post my opinion on a DK forum and some one replies my comment:

ALLEKSI:
    In my opinion *blablabla*

radnom dude:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleksi
    In my opinion *blablabla*
    yes your opinion blablabla

----------------------------
    ^that is the situation when I want to get a notification to my email

but when I don't want to get a notification is in a situation when I for example post my opinion on a DK forum, and some one says something irrelevant to my post:

ALLESI:
    In my opinion *blablabla

Random dude:
    I LIEK CHOCOLATE MILK!

----------------------------------------

^ that is the case when I do not want to get an email, because that would just cause unnessesary spam, wouldn't it?

sorry if this causes any trouble because what I do now is I go to "settings" and check every thread I've posted to(subscribed to) and check if some one has replied to my comment, and I would love to know if there is easier way to do it:/

Ah I see - thanks Vesseblah. I guess thats what I get for not caring for postcounts and just edit my posts instead of making a new one

...and thanks for showing me that I'm not the only one that would love to keep my advanced editing options when I go advanced

...and to Alleksi - Sorry for hijacking you thread :/

Ah I see - thanks Vesseblah. I guess thats what I get for not caring for postcounts and just edit my posts instead of making a new one

...and thanks for showing me that I'm not the only one that would love to keep my advanced editing options when I go advanced

...and to Alleksi - Sorry for hijacking you thread :/
    heh its cool

I am also facing same problem from a long time and tried many thing but still cant figure out the solution. Still searching hope I will make it soon.

alleksi, as far as I'm aware, there's no way to be notified only when quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    alleksi, as far as I'm aware, there's no way to be notified only when quoted.
    ah...ok then, thanks anyways

Ill just quote myself:
    *Snip*

Also - Now that I use the "Quick Reply" I have those "one click formating options" like the B, I and so on... But if I "Go Advanced" I just have a bigger text field to type in - but those "one click formating options" are gone - what gives? I know most of the BB formating codes, but in alot of cases its just much easyer to highlight a section of text and click-format it... Is there anyway I can actually keep the "one click formating options" when I "Go Advanced" - perhaps with even more options?

[Edit] And yeah I know I can click the BB Code -link - but thats not what I'm after... [/Edit]
    And I found this "fix":

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Getting this looked at. I like those buttons.

---------- Post added 2010-07-15 at 04:56 PM ----------

Temp fix:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/profile.php?do=editoptions
    Scroll to the bottom and change your "Message Editor Interface" to Standard Editor.