Bear Tanking Idol - Which?

Yes, I know about the guide. It suggests the Conquest Idol.

However, it doesn't take into account the ability for non-raiding druids to get Frost Emblems from Daily Quests (or assumes it would take too long *shrug*)

I'm wondering, which is better? Conquest or Frost?

If Conquest, should I save up Frost Emblems for the Trinket or the Cloak? XD

Deleted
    Frost idol is better than the conquest one, no doubt. On bossfights the frost one are nearly 100% uptime. However, the idol is the last thing you wanna buy for your frost. 4p tier10 (offset is chest, ikfirus sack of wonder is awesome), belt, cloak, trinket and maybe primordials for the crafted icc boots (can't remember the name). after all that stuff go frost idol
    Last edited by mmocf48d514961; 2010-09-27 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Frost idol is better than the conquest one, no doubt. On bossfights the frost one are nearly 100% uptime. However, the idol is the last thing you wanna buy for your frost. 4p tier10 (offset is chest, ikfirus sack of wonder is awesome), belt, cloak, trinket and maybe primordials for the crafted icc boots (can't remember the name). after all that stuff go frost idol
    Well, considering I don't intend to raid, I get 2 emblems a day, 4 with coren up.

I don't intend to play Moonlily much more before Cataclysm either :P

So it's really a "Which gives me more use in Cataclysm? An Idol that will probably last til 85, or some gear I'll probably replace at 81?" XD
    Last edited by Myzou; 2010-09-27 at 09:04 PM.

Myzou,

In WoW 4.0 Blizzard is changing Relics so rather than the current effects on Idols you will see the following attributes which I believe makes the choice much easier:

Idol of the Crying Moon (264 Feral Idol) 51 Agility, 77 Stamina, 1 Red Gem Slot, 34 Critical Strike Rating and 34 Haste Rating

Idol of Mutilation (245 Feral Idol) 43 Agility, 64 Stamina, 1 Red Gem Slot, 28 Haste Rating and 28 Hit Rating

Idol of the Corruptor (226 Feral Idol) 34 Agility, 54 Stamina, 1 Red Gem Slot, 24 Critical Strike Rating and 24 Expertise Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Purrfunctory View Post
    Myzou,

In WoW 4.0 Blizzard is changing Relics so rather than the current effects on Idols you will see the following attributes which I believe makes the choice much easier:

Idol of the Crying Moon (264 Feral Idol) 51 Agility, 77 Stamina, 1 Red Gem Slot, 34 Critical Strike Rating and 34 Haste Rating

Idol of Mutilation (245 Feral Idol) 43 Agility, 64 Stamina, 1 Red Gem Slot, 28 Haste Rating and 28 Hit Rating

Idol of the Corruptor (226 Feral Idol) 34 Agility, 54 Stamina, 1 Red Gem Slot, 24 Critical Strike Rating and 24 Expertise Rating
    Not really, they all look pretty awesome, XD Though I'm assuming Frost, due to the increased stats. XD

With the Cata versions, it's not really a question which one to take. Just get the strongest you can afford.

Though i doubt that they will last you till 85.

15+ Year Old Account
    Basically what Purr said. Pre-4.0 where your only worrying about 2 badges a day plus maybe 5 from weekly and 2-4 from VoA, then still only worry about the 4-piece T10 first(4-piece is really nice to have). The idol is nice to have but it really is only the last item you need. Until then Corruptor is better than the Mutilation since it gives a bit more dodge than Mutilation, armor, and a little bit of crit for savage defense.

Post 4.0 though look at getting either Crying Moon or Mutilation. Though you maybe running quite a few randoms given that they are upping the amount of points needed to buy everything. I forget off the top of my head but I want to say it costs 350 or so Justice Points.

15+ Year Old Account
    in cata leveling Idol of Mutilation is probely best becase we are gonig to loose our hit caps

i dont know how much hit we need in cata to cap but dahm i have been looking tru the trinkets on the front page and i saw melee dps trinket whit 321 hit rating on it so i gues the cap is like 600?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    in cata leveling Idol of Mutilation is probely best becase we are gonig to loose our hit caps
    In leveling, hit is actually less important that in raiding. The better stats on Crying Moon will make up for that puny 28 hit, plus there will likely be new Relics through quests and instances (though so far only a green quest reward has been found, still below Crying Moon)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    In leveling, hit is actually less important that in raiding. The better stats on Crying Moon will make up for that puny 28 hit, plus there will likely be new Relics through quests and instances (though so far only a green quest reward has been found, still below Crying Moon)
    feral items are quite forgotten tbh :/
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    feral items are quite forgotten tbh :/
    Idols, Totems, Sigils and Librams will all be of the same type, Relic, so those other classes are forgotten as well :P
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Assuming the theory craft numbers are correct we will need 961 hit rating to cap 8% hit at level 85. Only problem is GC says we will need more hit for each successive raid tier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee View Post
    Assuming the theory craft numbers are correct we will need 961 hit rating to cap 8% hit at level 85. Only problem is GC says we will need more hit for each successive raid tier.
    i did read his post about the raid bosses scaling whit us but it didnt think we actualy needed more hit tbh, that jsut seemed liek the idea way but as far as i understood it, it is not going to happen
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee View Post
    Except the part you will not be using a level 80 idol/relic at 85 anymore, and (getting close to) the hit cap is only required in raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    When 4.0 hits, frost and triumph badges will be converted to Justice points and all items listed at the vendors will be converted as well. So you could wait for 4.0 and effectively use your triumph badges as they were frost badges and get 4pt10, the cloak and the idol relatively cheaper.

Only noone knows when 4.0 hits.

Also apart from huge weapon scaling there's only select slots will get upgraded early by the 81 as you may imply.

15+ Year Old Account
    The 264 idol isn't listen in the guide because it has no "resource priority". Meaning, it's the last thing you'll buy from the Frost Emblems vendor, after T10, Cloak, Belt, Trinket :P

I still suggest going after the same items, regardless of Cataclysm. Everything will be replaced while leveling to 85, and Relics really are nothing everlasting. Follow the usual priorities, honestly, and if anything grab the Triumph idol for when 4.0 hits.
    A couple less stat points won't make up for loosing T10 bonuses, no matter how you look at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.