Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Yup, but this makes the difference between someone with as low and high rating much less dependant on gear, and much more dependant on skill, like it should be.

Also, I suppose the Resi and Stam ratings on the PvP gear will be crazy, so it really becomes goddamn hard to do anything in PvE gear.

Other then to die quicker then a pvp equipped toon, which is the way it really should have been. and I do agree with the skill statement, for a long time the top tier of pvp gear has had a large difference in stats which did create a "we are better then you" mindset.

and that was not healthy or good.

This change may even help clean up some of the forum trolls. However, more then likely it will make those that are really good more impressive as they are playing on a very nearly equal playing field now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems that Blizzard finally learned their lesson about letting the elite players getting the gear with the best stats. I can understand that people would like to upgrade their armours when progressing through ratings, but giving pure a stats advantage against people at the lower brackets, which do not possess the same amount of skill, already, creates a huge rift between the two.

Can't wait getting some fair fights in terms of skill instead of gear.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2010-09-28 at 08:54 PM.

meh

im still waiting for the removal of having to have a arena team,rating whatever for rated bgs.but hey,at least i can get good pvp gear without arena ratings it seems like(or did i not hear something right,and its just any other bg were you can just queue up)

Epic Conquest Weapons - Itemlevel 359 - No Rating
    Epic Glorious Conquest Weapons - Itemlevel 372 - 2200 Rating required

Both cost Conquest points, but the glorious weapon requires the no rating weapon to upgrade.
    Also there is a cap on how often you can gain conquest points a week (at leasts that what i think the 0/13 bar behind the conquest points stands is for)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Hmmmm sounds good in some respects. Please correct me if im wrong because im not sure... so PvE players will get justice 346 rated gear with normal stats and with valor they will get new looking( and better stats) 359 gear. Whereas all PvPers get is they upgrade looks better. Still seems a bit uneven to me. I know some of the changes are welcomed like getting away with the raiding for a weapon.
    The new PvP gear has a better ilvl than the PvE gear. Plus, all the major stats are the same on both PvE and PvP gear, when comparing ilvls, which in this case are strenght, intellect, and agility, and the minor ones, like crit, haste, etc., are more on the PvE ones, while the PvP gear focuses on resilience and some more stamina.

Blizzard have done everything they could to prevent another stat inflation, like in "WotLK", and I must say that I love it. With these changes, I can not see a very good reason to use PvE gear in PvP, especially when reforging exists.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2010-09-28 at 09:03 PM.