Thread: GM Island

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Been there and it was quite empty and messy, unfinished terrain textures some funny drawings thou :P
    Didn't find any vendors or portals
    Funny drawings? Like what?

GM Island is nothing but an island with a building like the SI:7 building. It contains nothing but a graveyard, and some chairs inside. There are no portals, nor any vendors. The drawings I think Shade is talking about is the ones on Developer's Island, or whatever it's called, that's where they test stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    GM Island was moved to it's own 'continent' sometime during vanilla as people had figured out methods to glitch themselves to it.
    That's wrong I've got a /who list screenshot what I randomly did one day and saw a gnome at location "GM ISLAND" I'll try to dig it up and post it on here >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sadistic View Post
    My guess is that they made it to a place u cannot up fly to ( like trying to fly up high in OL and hearing your drake scream because u cannot go higher).
    OL?
    "Making brownies is more manly than Jesus." -Caleb Guzmen

Guide to Great Weight Loss and Muscle Growth. Completely free and written by yours truely.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post11680619

Quote Originally Posted by Desimar View Post
    OL?
    OL=Outlands

Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post

Just got on the PTR -

Invisible walls at all of the blue 'end of universe' markers now.

Thats cause you're streaming. That circle on top of fatigue bar shows its actively downloading content as its loading. And you get that blue curtain anywhere as long as youre moving faster than what you're capable of streaming.

This happened to me in dal and I couldnt get out because blue curtain was blocking me from the portals. Usually you just have to wait until stream catches up and curtain goes away. In your case though, fatigue probably killed you before that happened.

Just got on the PTR -

SO thats what then end of the world looks like O_O Its... FLAT!
    Yes and no, but maybe.

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to give specific deatails but it is possibly getting there using Rocket boots and a parachute, not going to tell you how to do it though.
    Im sure Blizzard has also taken this into mind and would possibly make GM island a floating rock way above the Maelstrom unreachable by air mounts because of the rocket shark with fricking lasers beams on its head critting with critical errors.
    Well, apperantly someone posted a video on how to do it :P
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Pretty sure people were still getting into it during BC. I'm sure there are ways to get there even still but most don't even try given the punishment for doing so is pretty severe.
    Correct. People could glitch themselves on boat from MH to Therma, and pop up just feet off the shores of GM Island. But to my knownledge as to this day, getting to both Gm Island and the GM Box (Been there a couple times on the PTRs, it like something out of the Matrix) are next to impossible.
    Kasayk-80 Mage (Blood Elf): http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cale&cn=Kasayk
    Hagënti-80 Druid (Tauran)

Its a Jersey thing man, ya gotta be from Jersey to get it. Get it?!

This thread is making me nostalgia hard for Noggaholic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    That's wrong I've got a /who list screenshot what I randomly did one day and saw a gnome at location "GM ISLAND" I'll try to dig it up and post it on here >.>
    Are you a boy or a girl? I can't tell in any way shape or form.

Here is the picture, please thank me for looking in my screenshot folder which has over 2k photos lol.

In B4 keybinds etc, this is my roleplay character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamison1029 View Post
    I remember from a thread awhile back him saying he was "A girl trapped in a guy's body"

Yea.

Just got on the PTR -

Those have always been there. Always.
    rawr?

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Wrong and Wrong.

There is NOTHING at GM Island, at lest that normal players are able to see.
    Plus, you can get there by texture editing and speed hacking, I made once a trial account and made a video of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyhIdb8VPjg

Enjoy.
    That's a really nice metallica orchestral there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    GM island is it's own "continent", it's not a part of Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms. It is on a separate map and has it's own mapid.
    rawr?

Quote Originally Posted by Iroar View Post
    GM island is it's own "continent", it's not a part of Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms. It is on a separate map and has it's own mapid.
    I know it is, I've viewed youtube videos, have you seen my screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison1029 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dranx View Post
    I remember from a thread awhile back him saying he was "A girl trapped in a guy's body"

Yea.
    Even if you are being subtle, you both are breaking this rule. "Keep in mind that even though you are sitting behind your computer, you are still having a conversation with a human being.

We do not want to see: Racism, hatred, violent language, threats, real-life threats, insults, extreme vulgar language, flaming, otherwise inappropriate or hurtful language, harassment, grammar policing."

Please stop. Also, If you don't have anything good to contribute, then keep your mouth shut.

OT: We used to try and take the 3 person mammoth to GM island from theramore, there was a glitch early on with hunters allowing mammoths to go a lot faster, don't know exactly what hunters have that do that. I was told it had to do with hunters being based as a vehicle and that was part of the reason they are actually classified as mounts now. Well that and not being able to knock people out of the motorcycle.

I never made it to GM island. I think I would be too afraid if i made it. I wouldn't want to get banned. I do however like to go under ZG, SW, IF, aand into the mountains of other regions. Still wanting to find a way to go to Hyjal without rocket boots or slow fall.
    This poll is on the MMO-champ forums, where everyone hates everything.
    Players that e-peen have low self esteem in real life, the reason is people that are failers in the real world have to find ways to be a success.

Next time your a victim to e-peen don't get upset, pitty the e-peener because you know the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    That would be such a tease... get all the way there, then BAM, hit the invisible wall while in mid-air.
    Hah they could actually make that so funny, putting up big signs like "FREE EPICS OVER HERE" to further annoy the people who almost made it to GM Island.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.