Poll: Most annoying single ability

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    this poll is very inaccurate. Spells like death grib may be very anoying to say mages or warlock, while they are "meh" to warriors and ret paladins. On the contrary, mage armor and CoS may not be too anoying to warriors. So, it actually shows nothing! Except not many people hate polymorph, while all fear fear (get it? xD)

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    What would you say is the most annoying ability as a PvP caster? I'm kind of torn between Mage Armor and Cloak of Shadows. Both of these abilities completely ruin me as an Aff Lock.

Mage Armor is pretty much saying "Yep, this Mage is going to take half of the damage you should be doing to him AT ALL TIMES. Not only are all your DoTs lasting half as long as they should, but this Mage now also has retarded high resistance which means you'll be getting lots of resists. Problem?"

Cloak of Shadows also makes me said because I could be totally busting my ass of too take this Rogue down. I load him up with DoTs while trying to avoid his kicks/stuns. We're both low, he pops CloS, clears all my DoTs and vanishes away and comes back 20s later with full HP to try it all over again. Or he CloS clears all my DoTs and proceeds to murder my face.

Remember, this is the most annoying SINGLE ability. So you can't just say STUNS because it would be too general, but you can say HoJ or Cheap Shot or Kidney Shot.
    Well actually, Mage Armor wouldn't reduce the time of Curses, though we can dispel those XD
    As for retarded high resistance, Mage Armor only grants 60 resistances (IIRC. At class atm and way too lazy to check), so it's not that big a deal. Magic Absorption (or whatever that arcane talent is) is worse, as it grants the Mage's Level x.5 / x1.0 resistances, AND gives them 1%/2% of their maximum mana when they fully resist a spell :3

As for me, being a mage, I can't stand just paladins in general. If they are smart enough to Hand of Freedom or cleanse their slow / frostbolt, they easily tear me apart.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bairyhalls View Post
    this poll is very inaccurate. Spells like death grib may be very anoying to say mages or warlock, while they are "meh" to warriors and ret paladins.
    Nice to see you read the name of the thread.
    Dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    As for me, being a mage, I can't stand just paladins in general. If they are smart enough to Hand of Freedom or cleanse their slow / frostbolt, they easily tear me apart.
    If you can't beat a paladin repeatedly as frost you really need to learn how paladins work. If you do your job right there is no chance in hell (even if it snows) that he can catch you! On the other hand if you do a silly mistake the same paladin will smash your head in really fast. But if your ice block is available you can "reset" the fight and start kiting/killing the paladin over again. ^^

Here's a few tips; even with pursuit of justice (+15% run speed) the paladin will never catch up to you without any slows/freezes as long as you blink when you can. It will take the paladin a split second to pop hand of freedom when you slow/freeze him which gives you the headstart you need to kite him forever. Then remember that hand of freedom has a 6 sec duration (8/10 if talented) and a 25 sec cooldown. Gives you plenty of time to kite and kill the paladin. I'll stop there, but the list goes on.

There are two classes I (try to) stay away from in pvp when I play my paladin. One is mage, the other is hunter. Since I'm 99% certain I will loose the fight 1v1 unless they really screw something up.

Death grip, felhunter and silences are my favourite hate objects when I play a caster.

this poll is very inaccurate. Spells like death grib may be very anoying to say mages or warlock, while they are "meh" to warriors and ret paladins. On the contrary, mage armor and CoS may not be too anoying to warriors. So, it actually shows nothing! Except not many people hate polymorph, while all fear fear (get it? xD)
    Really? As a warrior I find Deathgrip annoying as hell. Makes it nearly impossible to kill their healer in arenas.

Id say cloaks is annoying, you see the rogue low then he cloaks>vanish!>reopen
    GOD THATS ANNOYING! LOVE IT ON MY ROGUE >: D

also instant melee fear, 6 silence disarm 45 sec CD, Disperse, 1 min CD bubble, Dots...o wait....thats a Spriest.
    Last edited by ShamanWiz; 2010-09-28 at 03:05 AM.
    s5-2.4k s6-2.2k s7-2k s8-2.1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybvdzSgUQ4 Haters man...

Deff Rogue Cloack >.<
    This bro quit the game but still loves the game and will be back for MoP!

Definitively mage armor. Its annoying for all casters since they got shitloads of resistances = RNG resist, silence and CC duration reduced by 50% is just insane, but its most annoying for affli locks by far. I guess theres just too few affli locks for it to get enough votes. Mages can dispel curse also..

I died a little inside when I saw Cloak of Shadows and Fear beating Mage Armor.
    Yeah both of those suck but you guys do realize that Mage armor is what makes you gem an extra 75 spell pen, makes Fear, and Sheep almost pointless after the first DR, eliminates the ability to Frostbolt Deep Freeze Frost Bolt Ice Lance, Keep Multi-DoTs up, and you still eat resists half the time if it's on an Arcane Mage. You realize that right?

EDIT: Also, Rogues can still Vanish -> Reopen with Cloak down, most Rogues have a macro binded to a different button than vanish that is:
    #Showtooltip
    /cast vanish
    /cast Cheap Shot

Since Vanish is off the global, as long as the rogue is in melee range, you still eat a stun. Just sayin'.

Edit 2: Holy crap, Death Grip is beating MA too? Ground it,T-Storm it, Polymorph the DK, Blink it, Ice Block it, Deep Freeze if IBF isn't up, Fear the DK, Demonic Portal it, Shadowfury if IBF isn't up and dispel the Chains that probably came with it, Glyph of Shadow Flame, Cyclone / Root / Typhoon / Bear Bash if IBF isn't up. Sorry Spriets, DKs kinda own you if they just chain CDs. >.>
    Last edited by Kawakazi; 2010-09-28 at 04:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you not read the title? You should do that before posting next time.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I would probably say Divine Shield first because nobody should be able to deal damage while being completely immune to 99% of things and Death Grip second because 99% of people don't use it right. Even though I play both classes... they're still ridiculous.

Fear has been nerfed to near useless... still ppl qq. "omg fear is so annoying!!! even though i never get feared for more then 2 sec!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Spellsteal.

"You gain Presence of Mind
    /yoink
    Your Presence of Mind is dispelled
    mage's Pyroblast hits you for over 9000
    Action failed; You are dead"

Also Sentry totem, my arch nemesis.

The one I hate the most is probably purge/dispel magic, as a frost mage all of the sudden I'm completely screwed against all incoming attacks. However, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BLIZZARD FIX BLINK. Oh what's that? You're standing on terrain that is uneven by .12 centimeters? You blink nowhere then, jokes on you.

my favorite is backwards blink
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Any kind of silence mechanic. Because It cannot be undone.

Well, you see, when playing as a Shaman...

(Credit goes to arenajunkies)

Prot warrior
    Something between the endless stuns , the nearly impossible to get away from them, the good damage, the range silence as well as normal interrupt, spell reflect, fuck load of HP and great defensive CDs with random heals, with some fear immune tricks as well as having a fear of there own.
    Sigh

Counterspell for sure... being locked out for 8 seconds as an ele shaman is the worst thing ever because u literally cant do anything... oh wait i forgot i have my grounding totem! awww he ice lanced it.. wait my stoneclaw! awww it only absorbed half his frostbolt =(... dead no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by Andyclan View Post
    Counterspell for sure... being locked out for 8 seconds as an ele shaman is the worst thing ever because u literally cant do anything... oh wait i forgot i have my grounding totem! awww he ice lanced it.. wait my stoneclaw! awww it only absorbed half his frostbolt =(... dead no matter what
    This this this this, at least as any other caster you can do other spells, besides lavaburst but its a CD!
    s5-2.4k s6-2.2k s7-2k s8-2.1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybvdzSgUQ4 Haters man...