Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    I expect you would fly infinitely or till hitting an invisible wall.
    The Truman Show reference.....nice.

---------- Post added 2010-09-27 at 10:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    there would be an ocean about as big as the whole map we know, on the "backside" of azeroth.
    Isn't this like saying there's a whole ocean as big as the whole world on the "backside" of.....Earth?....like in between Japan and United States? =P

Quote Originally Posted by Tayla View Post
    You'll hit a wall, because the PANDARANS BUILT A TOTALLY HUGE INVISIBLE WALL TO KEEP YOU OUT! SRSLY DUDE!
    You are mistaken, they built the dome to keep us IN.
    It was the expansion of fire... the expansion of destruction... the expansion we took back what was ours. It was the expansion of rebirth... the expansion of great sadness... the expansion of pain... and the expansion of joy. It was a new age. It was the end of history. It was the expansion everything changed. The expansion is Cataclysm. The place: Azeroth.

Deleted
    you cant have to fly cause you will die from fatigue 100% but you can die get you spirit and water walk
    i tryed it and guess what ? invisible walls (did it back in TBC it was a long time till i find the invisible wall and a damn longer time till i return back to my corpse)

There is a glitch on the ptr that druids can fly around old world in flight form, i've done this and I tried flying from Durotar to the middle of the ocean. I didnt because 2 reasons: 1. Its way to far of a distance, 2. There is a giant blue wall that goes way high and im pretty sure you cant swim under it. I died because of fatigue so yes its flat ingame but round in lore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespene View Post
    There's 4 world instances in WoW: Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Northrend and Outland. You can actually see the Outland outline from the southwestern coast of the Ghostlands.
    And the one GM Island is on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

Quote Originally Posted by Siron View Post
    So since we will be able to fly in azeroth, we should test if Azeroth is really round as in flying from kalimdor to the west and hoping to turn out in the east of eastern kingdom.
    Yeah i know its a dangerous mission becouse of the fatigue BUT if:
    choosing the most possibly fastest class (i think its pala cuz of crusaders aura)
    + 310% if there wont be an even faster flying mount
    + finding the smallest distance between the land and the endge of the map (becouse of you only need to see if you get transfered to the other side of the map) IMO darnassus would be best to try this, maybe bloodmyst isle
    It could really work.
    I tested something similar a while back on my wife's Paladin when she got her 310 mount. I took her to the southeastern tip of Howling Fjord (with all gear off and in bank of course) and flew in a straight line directly towards the northwestern tip of Tirisfal Glade. By the time the fatigue meter had killed me, my world map indicated that I was above land somewhere in the northern portion of Tirisfal, however there was obviously no land in sight since they are hosted on different servers and I never "zoned." It was still entertaining the see none the less .

Oh and as for the Pandarian derail.. Well, they were a fun little thing Blizzard was doing in WC3. Don't get me wrong, it was a pretty cool idea (I mean come on, an alcoholic humanoid panda bear that spits great 1 liners and uses alcohol and drunken brawling to attack his foes.. anything cooler would have to involve a T-rex riding and an F-16 jet fighter), unfortunately, from what I've read, there are certain cultures in the world that are offended by the portrayal of Pandas in such a manor. Since Blizzard does not wish to jeopardize any potential marketing audience, they have chosen to keep the little drunken fuzzballs of fury out of WoW. Obviously they can't give this as an explanation for fear of the "you're messing up an American game to cater to people on the other side of the world?!" rants.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Actually, the world of Azeroth is shaped like a banana...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

It's flat and carried on the back of giant servers. What do the servers stand in you ask? Data centers.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    GM Island is on the Kalimdor Map, if you look at some of the satellite view game files. In theory, it works in the same way as the "place" between Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, a giant void of nothingness you can't get through, but it is technically in the same instance.

Just wanted to point that out, not to sound like a smartass or anything :P

I'm just gonna come out and say. Azeroth is flat... but only on maps. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Actually, the world of Azeroth is shaped like a banana...
    Stop Trolling Venziir.
    Seems to be all you ever do.

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 05:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    isnt there a supposed "pandaria" between EK and Kalim?
    Think it's supposed to be on other side of planet - the bit undiscovered.

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrinn View Post
    apparently it used to be on the instance servers, but they moved it to own server as some people figured how to bug their way there.

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 05:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    It's flat and carried on the back of giant servers. What do the servers stand in you ask? Data centers.
    lol that is qiet funny.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The in-game world is completely flat and does not loop. The ocean eventually just ends with a giant, shimmering force-field-ish wall if you go out far enough.
    ^This

My bf somehow lag-glitched and decided to go out there to check it out since fatigue wasn't working. And it's.. kinda trippy, honestly.
    I am a filthy casual!

in game it isn't, in lore it is

Shaman's Farsight spell can be used to see the edge of the world its just an invisible wall where the water ends in jagged tiles over dirt just below the surface. Its actually fairly close to the shores of the continents.

GL finding out while you die of exhaustion.
    Bubbles: Have a nice day, and go ____ yourself.

Deleted
    If this guy ain't Cristopher Columbus he's a troll, no doubt about it

Of course it isn't round. Everyone knows it is banana shaped!

15+ Year Old Account
    The following can be seen from The Black Temple:

For your second question:
    Due to game mechanics: No, it would not work.
    Dawwwwwww

10+ Year Old Account
    The world is certainly perceived to be round, but it couldn't possibly be, without having some sort of effect on the landscape. EK and Kalimdor together are just too small to be the onyl two continents on Azeroth, I'm certain there's more on the other side. (Not Pandaria, please, not that).

Indeed, if you were to fly out, you would hit a blue aurora that would prevent you from straying too far out. But alas, 'tis impossible to fly from EK to Kalimdor: Each continent, and expansion content are centered around different instanced planes. If one were to fly out from Kalimdor, you would not reach Azure/bloodmyst, as they share the same plane as Outland, ghostlands, eversong, and Quel'Danas.

However, if one were to fly far and fast enough away from Outlands, you would certainly find yourself in eversong, or azuremyst, of course, if you did reach one of those two zones you'd fall to your death, victim to the flying prohibition.

Shinydemon(85) Kuricos(85) Akros(85) Seraphus(81) Ritsura(85) Anathama(85) Arelia(85) Aaurala(66) Solanáa(49) Myasma(60)