Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flielow View Post
    10gold is still too cheap. 50gold is way too much. 20gold feels about right to me.
    there really isnt such a thing as too cheap, its completely subjective i charge 5g if ur in my town and 10g if i gotta go to you right now jsut cause i didnt level a mage to port people i lvled one cause...well honestly cause i leveled pretty much everything else but ya its about providing a service with a small perk to u. anything over whats the price 10 silver or something, is pure profit so dont cry like mages deserve some fee like porting is hard lol.
    http://owlkinbf.blogspot.com/Theory is where good ideas come from. Practice is where good players come from.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBob3002 View Post
    I'll give out portals for free whenever I play my mage to combat this.

Good day sir.
    Good for you, on another note. Is mini a dry hump like everyone says??

I'll ask 20G. So that would be an average of 10 gold.
    Doesn't seem that bad, does it?

I just ask for a tip. I've gotten anywhere between 1 gold (thats my minimum unless its a low level) and 100 gold. If you ask for a specific amount you can miss out on the 100 gold people.

If someone is polite when they whisper me on my mage for a portal I never charge them, If they are a little "buy port SW?" i ask them to get the reagent nessecary, if they are rude i click ignore Don't undertstand why people feel the need to charge silly amounts of gold for clicking a button, so long as you make them come to you , you don't have to do anything else...

No way will I pay 50g for a port. I even thought 10g was too high. I get free ports from my guild buddies, so your prices can find another customer. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dillybear View Post
    there really isnt such a thing as too cheap, its completely subjective i charge 5g if ur in my town and 10g if i gotta go to you right now jsut cause i didnt level a mage to port people i lvled one cause...well honestly cause i leveled pretty much everything else but ya its about providing a service with a small perk to u. anything over whats the price 10 silver or something, is pure profit so dont cry like mages deserve some fee like porting is hard lol.
    No not at all. I just think my times worth more. If they dont like it, hey over theres the FM. Have a nice flight.

I have the sad feeling that there are a lot of people who would rather pay mages for ports than use their flying mounts.

50g or walk, or use the portal hub in stormwind/orgrmmar which can get meto a number of places (north/south kalimdor) and thne use that 310% flying mount to get there moderately quickly.

Mages are over valuing themselves, since EVERY new zone is, and will remain to be accessable from stormwind/orgrimmar, so getting around will be little hassle

Deleted
    When I finally get round to levelling my Horde mage, I'll do as I did with my Alliance mage saying please and giving me the rune is free. Saying portal plz costs 5 gold continuing to argue the price costs 10 gold. Further bartering costs 20 gold, and it just keeps doubling if they argue.

Myself? I'll be flying, my Nether Drake hasn't seen Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
    And thats why us mages specialize in hunting pallys, MUHAMUHAMUHA!
    That mean you hunt BM hunters and Unholy DKs to? Maybe not as fast but still close...

As for me, all my characters are walking except my mage, who will charge 1g.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I have the sad feeling that there are a lot of people who would rather pay mages for ports than use their flying mounts.
    Instant gratification. What wrong with youths now a days!?

Why do people complain about charging for ports? We level the class, just like anyone levels a profession and requires a fee for making something.

On the flipside:

1.) It's not a "tip" unless the person requires no fee and you give it to them for their services. Requiring payment is a fee, not a tip.
    2.) Did you level a mage to port people and charge for it? Probably not, you leveled a mage to play one and being able to teleport everywhere is a perk to that. Kinda like being a hybrid or healing class allows you to heal yourself. We get ports and die alot, healers stay alive. Tanks have (at the moment anyway) the most expensive repair bills in a raid, but they don't charge people to do that.

I don't charge people for ports, and I estimate I've made over 1000g in the last year just porting people and accepting whatever money they give me. Not being greedy really does pay off

10+ Year Old Account
    .............. /roll fire mage

Thumbs down

I'm impressed with the amount of QQ. People realize the joke?
    MMochamp forums

Quote Originally Posted by Soulpiercer View Post
    So I hear flying mounts can be used everywhere? Well, would ya look at that..
    Really? Everywhere? So this should mean I can get from NR to SW faster now that I can fly to the boats and take them to SW? oh wait...
    This poll is on the MMO-champ forums, where everyone hates everything.
    Players that e-peen have low self esteem in real life, the reason is people that are failers in the real world have to find ways to be a success.

Next time your a victim to e-peen don't get upset, pitty the e-peener because you know the problem.

I'll pay 50g for a portal if the mage actually roleplays his plight with the reagent-creator's union to me.

Deleted
    And thats why us mages specialize in hunting pallys, MUHAMUHAMUHA!
    you sir, just made my day ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Maerlim View Post
    I'm impressed with the amount of QQ. People realize the joke?
    MMochamp forums
    Joke, you may want to work on your delivery. Oh wait your trolling! AHHHH. HAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHHAHA I get it. /sarcasm off

And thats why us mages specialize in hunting EVERYTHING, MUHAMUHAMUHA!
    fixed