Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    1) Most casters save a weak or rank 1 spell for spell reflect

2) So do arms warriors

3+4) Prot warriors have these because they are meant to be a crippling class, not a damage dealing class.

I don't quiet see how these will make them "PVP kings".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h01mw...layer_embedded

Not a damage dealing eh?

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    balanced?
    prot warriors need a nerf so far up the ass, it's not even funny anymore.
    1 prot warr survival is higher than other classes cause...you guessed it... its protection specc.
    2 non prot classes dont have resi in beta so their survival is weak therefore prot dmg is more meaningfull
    3 rogues have no right to speak as long as adrenalicuperation exists... 61% hp over 30 secs +energy regen as you would have permament adrenaline rush.
    ofc im speaking of lvl 85 beta not ptr which doesnt give good overview of situation...not in a slightest

They will turn of vengence in PVP enviroments, Making them near useless.

They posted a while back, they don't want protection specs to be used in PvP since they are primarily designed for PvE, thus making them very nasty in PvP go check back some posts on mmo for a more in depth post from A blue

Quote Originally Posted by Kiryia View Post
    Warriors still stance dance?
    For certain abilities, ya.
    Usually you will see arms wars dance/shield wall/dance with weps and stances.
    It sucks. I hate it.
    They also dance to intercept, unless intercept has changed and works in defensive stance.
    I haven't really PVP'd on my warrior in a loooong time, but I know others charge/intercept me like there's no tomorrow in BGs (fuck you 5yard min range...).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloctor View Post
    I've read that too but that was a while and i didn't hear anything else about it, so not 100% they are continu with it but they propably will and just didn't get round to it yet. However i disagree that some specs shouldn't be viable for pvp. I mean just the fact that i have a warrior shouldn't mean i can only play it decently in an arms spec. If prot warriors get too much damage at some point with that survivability then something has to be done indeed because that is also not the way to go
    Last edited by mmoc7ba2a1f15c; 2010-09-30 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    No armor pen on the PTR or beta. Prot warriors have a funky toolbox, its too strong against players and not working properly in instances. Though it does seem(on the PTR at least) that ele shaman, priests, demo locks, bm hunters, and boomkin fights with 99% of prot warriors are leaning towards the ranged over the prot. Also, my rogue takes like 5 minutes to kill a prot warrior, but he CAN kill a prot warrior if I'm on the ball. Given some ranged are just a tad overtuned for 80, most of this stuff starts working out as health pools get up to that 80k mark, where 15-20k crits just don't carry the same oomph they do at 80.
    My post was mean for live( my fault for not explain it better). Prot warriors can be killed, but I think the problem that most players have is that they cannot kill them as fast as they can with other clases/specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloctor View Post
    If memory serves, they said vengueance will be dispellable, making it less useful in pvp, but i remember nothing of turn it off in pvp.

Also, you cannot measure a class perfomance in pvp well unless the test is conducted with max level players, with pvp gear. If any class perfomance in pvp were measured for the damage it causes to pve geared players, the nerfs would be brutal.
    Last edited by fushio; 2010-09-30 at 08:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really think protection (for warriors) is going to change that much. We're still going to sit about the same spot we are now...a interrupter/damage soaker. Most of the time a protection spec is brought in for those reasons. The damage everyone seems to be referring to is the fact that most of us stack almost all ArP DPS gear for our protection specs at the cost of survivability. If you look at it like this; one on one a protection warrior holds up against most classes but in say a 5v5 it's very easy to just burst us down like any other class. Our damage is still no where near that of a PvP DPS hints why we either get ignored or CC'ed in some corner. The only big new PvP ability I see us getting is Heroic Leap, and seeing how the cool down is so long it's not going to be a huge issue. Each class/spec has it's good points and bad. There is always a way to work around defeating a class/spec. Best you can do at this point is just sit back and wait for Cata then we will see how PvP goes.
    I like waffles!