10 man only guild hlk kills?

anyone know if any hardcore 10 man only guilds, meaning, they only raid 10 mans as a guild and only have 264 gear + 277 rings have gotten bane of the fallen king? just curious to see if anyone has gotten it without having to severly over gear the encounter, thanks

If you check guildox, there is 2 10man strict guilds that have gotten the chievo.

ah wow, completely forgot about sites that track guild achieves/rankings thanks.

i know of only one guild and the got the achievement a few weeks ago
    ''i'm not drunk, i'm Scottish''

They should have made a 10 man HLK equivalent of Herald of the Titans, it is a truly impressive achievement and way harder than 25 man HLK because of lack of 25 man trinkets 25 man raid buffs. 10 mans are no joke when people don't use 25 man gear to overgear them and hopefully people will figure this out in Cata. But yes, two guilds have managed it and more probably would have if there was an achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore Lord View Post
    They should have made a 10 man HLK equivalent of Herald of the Titans, it is a truly impressive achievement and way harder than 25 man HLK because of lack of 25 man trinkets 25 man raid buffs. 10 mans are no joke when people don't use 25 man gear to overgear them and hopefully people will figure this out in Cata. But yes, two guilds have managed it and more probably would have if there was an achievement.

I disagree entirely, Bane is totally doable with 264 gear, no 277 gear. If you use normal 25 man gear (excluding trinkets) its worse than 10 man heroic gear most of the time due to extra sockets etc. 25 man heroic LK is the hardest fight in the game, 25 mans will always be harder due to finding 24 other people who can confidently do the mechanics. Don't get me wrong here, I love 10 mans, in Cata thats all i am running.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually in one of the top strict 10 guilds. Although i'm not in the raiding group at the moment do to work and such. Weapon of Choice on Misha Us. They've been having a hell of a time trying to get bane. Can't get the right group comp...

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    I disagree entirely, Bane is totally doable with 264 gear, no 277 gear. If you use normal 25 man gear (excluding trinkets) its worse than 10 man heroic gear most of the time due to extra sockets etc. 25 man heroic LK is the hardest fight in the game, 25 mans will always be harder due to finding 24 other people who can confidently do the mechanics. Don't get me wrong here, I love 10 mans, in Cata thats all i am running.
    saying 25m is harder is rarely the case. its very unlikely you will get every raid buff possible in a ten man vs a 25 man. and Heroic lk 25 as being the hardest? go do no light, hell ill even let you use your 277 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by fatalaeon View Post
    saying 25m is harder is rarely the case. its very unlikely you will get every raid buff possible in a ten man vs a 25 man. and Heroic lk 25 as being the hardest? go do no light, hell ill even let you use your 277 gear.
    You do realise that guilds in 264 and 277 are completely ignoring mechanics in yogg0 because they overgear it so hard? The hardest part of that fight was keeping up the damage on the boss whilst keeping the adds low, not a mechanic such as defile, where no matter how high your gear score is, you're going to wipe the raid if you stand in it.

Also, 10 mans are tuned to 10 man buffs, not 25. So the argument that "oh you don't have the 25 man buffs", is irrelevant. 10 mans are all fun and games until you are forced to take people because of how much better their class is at the encounter (SPs, boomkins and ranged in LK10HM anyone?) and then that defeats the whole point of 10 mans, which in my opinion is being able to raid with the player, and not the class, more so than in 25.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong.

You realise trinkets like DBW/PHalectry/DFO etc are a massive dps boost right ?

Much more than a few gem slots.

Quote Originally Posted by fatalaeon View Post
    In this case it is harder than 10 man. Phase 2 is just much more complex with 3 valks than it is with 1. We killed 10 man with 10% less buff and 150 less attempts. And 0 light is actually not that difficult with current gear. GDKPs do it frequently on my server

Its not hard to get a lot of raid buffs going in a 10man, hell, with the right combo, you can possibly get all, bring tanks and healers that adds the raid buffs, it aint too difficult.

If you have a bad combo, then thats your own fault, if your lacking buffs, then thats your own fault, cause you cant do the fight using 10 druids, doesnt mean its alot harder, my guild have done the encounter on 10 several times using 5 DPS instead of 6 because its been undergeared healers and bad combos, but ye, we have a mix of 277 gear, 264, some trinkets and all, but really, its not too difficult a fight on 10man, and i think the reason not alot of "strict" 10man guilds have either the right raid or the right players.

They should of made a herald of the titans like title for the fight, but it would of then just been stomped to the ground, as lich king 10 heroic is not anywhere near as difficult as the 25man with the gear levels.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Open your eyes and use the search funtion before asking.

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 08:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Droeslol View Post
    Wrong.

You realise trinkets like DBW/PHalectry/DFO etc are a massive dps boost right ?

Much more than a few gem slots.
    Nice, this discussion again.

Those trinkets and maybe 1 or 2 ilvl 277 items don't make up for 25% buff to damage, health and healing.
    LK 10 hc was killed by paragon with only 5% buff a long time ago and they only used the 5% buff because the encounter was bugged and thus much harder than it should be. The bug was fixed after the 5% buff was applied. They also stated that they didn't need the 5% buff. At that time they were NOT in full ilvl 277 gear.

It has also been stated many times before that ilvl 264 gear +30% buff is A LOT stronger than ilvl 277 gear +0% or 5% buff.

10 man is not harder and those kills are not all that impressive with 30% buff. Sorry for all the 10 man lovers.

And then you have 25 people in the frozen throne instead of 10, do you really think that is equally difficult (same room)? Please just admit it's not.

going by Paragon kills is not proving anything isn't it? as they killed lk25 with same buff so this would imply that it was even easier?? hmm

10mans are tuned for 10man gear, 25man for 25man gear, the difference is the ammount of player you bring, and if anyone thinks finding 24 ppl that can play good, over finding 9 other good players,is easier, then i'd love an answer as to how

25 mans will always be harder due to finding 24 other people who can confidently do the mechanics. Don't get me wrong here, I love 10 mans, in Cata thats all i am running.
    I am with you 100%. I actually prefer 10 man over 25 man, and will be doing them in Cata. 25 mans are always harder, as getting 25 people up to speed is much harder than 10. 10 mans are a group of friends and we call people out all the time and no one gets pissy about it or hurt feelings. When you call people out in 25 man, they seem to get more defensive. Plus in 10 man, I can keep an eye on everyone and have a better idea of who is doing what wrong, and have time to call it out in vent.

OT: I for one have mixed feelings on the shared lockout, as I like running both
    Last edited by davesurfer; 2010-09-29 at 06:40 PM. Reason: spelling