Mount Macro Help

#showtooltip [mod:ctrl] Mekgineer's Chopper;[nomod:ctrl]Rivendare's Deathcharger
    /cast [nomodifier]Rivendare's Deathcharger;[modifier:ctrl] Mekgineer's Chopper

That is my current ground mounting macro, is there any way to incorporate a random mount macro into my current one? I've tried adding /castrandom and adding another mount name before and after rivendare's but nothing.

Mount macros are very limited when people want to use random mounts in them as well. Even using /castrandom isn't truly random because you have to specify exactly all of the mounts you want to use, for example:

#showtooltip
    /castrandom [mod:ctrl]Mekgineer's Chopper;Rivendare's Deathcharger,Black Ram,Brown Horse,Chestnut Mare
    Etc and just add them on the end separated by commas, and it will pick between the ones you specified. Holding control will always pick the Chopper.

These also have problems of running out of space very fast due to the 255 char limit.

But if you want more flexibility they make a lot of good mount addons that can do much more than a macro can, such as Livestock or Equus Infinata or Mounty or etc. etc. etc, there are many.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2010-09-28 at 06:03 AM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

what i want to do is add swift alliance steed to be random with rivendare's deathcharger

Okay so if that's all you plan to do it's simply this:

#showtooltip
    /castrandom [mod:ctrl]Mekgineer's Chopper;Rivendare's Deathcharger,Swift Alliance Steed
    Last edited by lawomous; 2010-09-28 at 06:03 AM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

You can just right the first line as
    #showtooltip
    It will save a lot of space and it has the same effect as what you re doing right now.

Check out this mod called Livestock its really cool
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-09-28 at 06:00 AM.

I'd go with an addon to do it. A LOT nicer and easier.