Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    I created and 10 man strict guild once, and I can tell you is much harder than raiding 10 man 25-man geared.

    It's not only you don't have 277s, you can't balance your stats the way you want since you only have the 10 man gear available, and most people balance their stats by combining both 25 and 10 man heroic gear.

    So if you want to balance, you've to use items from previous tier and that will be a lost of primal stats (str, int, sp) so it's a bit harder to gear yourself, you've to maximize your gear and balance it at the same time with only 10 man gear available.

    So congratz on the kill, ignore the trolls, some people knows how hard 10 man strict is.

    And yeah, 30%, but they did it, jealous or something?

  2. #42
    - Whether someone replying can do what you did is irrelevant
    - How much effort and time you guys personally put into the kill is irrelevant
    - 30% Buff makes up way more than not having 25man gears: FACT
    - Therefore, early guilds that have killed it with 0-15%~buff had less stats than you in every way despite them having 25man gears: FACT
    - Therefore, you beat the exact encounter with the exact same mechanics, with more relative stats than 100-300 other guilds that have killed it: FACT

    So to sum it up: These forums are for actual first kills, or some actually amazing first achievements (Rogue Solo Naxx, DK solo OS, etc). It is not for some random guilds (with random mage that doesn't even know how to gear themselves) asking for recognitions for their subpar kill, that they forcefully call it a "4th" by setting an arbitrary requirement.

    Yes, I'm sure it is hard for you guys, and I'm sure it will impress few people, but this is not the place for it. So please stop making these "US first Dragon Kill playing with One Hand without wearing pants!"

    Thank you

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    and you just proved that you did not kill a single boss in ICC10 on heroic?
    ICC10 normal = 251
    ICC10 heroic = 264
    ICC25 normal = 264
    ICC25 heroic = 277

    just fyi
    And you just proved that you didn't read my reply carefully or you just don't understand.

    The part that you made bolt was me saying that he killed lk hc in full ilvl 264 and so did 25 man guilds months ago since they didn't get instant full ilvl 277 gear.

    Not everyone here is a moron who doesn't know that heroic ICC 10 drops ilvl 264.

    - Whether someone replying can do what you did is irrelevant
    - How much effort and time you guys personally put into the kill is irrelevant
    - 30% Buff makes up way more than not having 25man gears: FACT
    - Therefore, early guilds that have killed it with 0-15%~buff had less stats than you in every way despite them having 25man gears: FACT
    - Therefore, you beat the exact encounter with the exact same mechanics, with more relative stats than 100-300 other guilds that have killed it: FACT

    So to sum it up: These forums are for actual first kills, or some actually amazing first achievements (Rogue Solo Naxx, DK solo OS, etc). It is not for some random guilds (with random mage that doesn't even know how to gear themselves) asking for recognitions for their subpar kill, that they forcefully call it a "4th" by setting an arbitrary requirement.

    Yes, I'm sure it is hard for you guys, and I'm sure it will impress few people, but this is not the place for it. So please stop making these "US first Dragon Kill playing with One Hand without wearing pants!"

    Thank you
    THIS. Exactly what I was saying. Maybe it's more clear for you.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2010-09-28 at 02:00 PM.

  4. #44
    Whether people have been aware of it or not, 10-man strict guilds and rankings have been around all of WotLK. It's not some arbitrary requirement, there are in fact very specific requirements to qualify. This is a great accomplishment, congrats on your kill.

  5. #45
    LOL, this again? I guess all these baddie guilds are finally getting him down now that the buff is 30%. Hopefully that doesn't mean more of these threads...anyways, here's some math for you to ponder:

    World First Kill:
    277 gear + 5% buff = 291 effective gear level.
    Your Kill:
    264 gear + 30% buff = 343 effective gear level.

    Not impressive. At all. Now stop making these threads, especially since this wasn't a first. Kthnxbai.

  6. #46
    Brewmaster Indiglo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pataskala, OH
    Posts
    1,378
    Curious, how did you guys handle the Spirits without a Shadow Priest?

    Armory
    Thanks to Threign for the awesome sig

  7. #47
    2 months later:
    world 20th LK hc strict 10 man!!!

    Although, i'm not taking anything away from your achievement, there is no need to keep posting these kinds of topics, did it even go to world 4th LK hc 25 kill when it was at 10% buff? Pretty much stopped after Paragon released their video.
    dunno why blizzard didn't make achievements for LK hc with 0% buffs >_> .. are you guys gonna do it with 0% buff and 10 man gear?
    Because that would be worth making posts about it. I mean, Paragon did LK hc 25 with 0% buff in 25 man only gear, and a few other guilds have too.. be the first and try it on 10 man, and get gratitude, rather than all the haters on MMO-champ slating you for posting another one of these threads.
    Last edited by proVoke; 2010-09-28 at 02:51 PM.

  8. #48
    Congrats guys!
    twitch.tv/Dingolicious - Various games streamed from time to time!

  9. #49
    so since you werent EU First why didnt you put this in another section? I mean you can down HCLK but cant put your thread in the right place?

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaw View Post
    so since you werent EU First why didnt you put this in another section? I mean you can down HCLK but cant put your thread in the right place?
    Because there's still a lolfest going on in the US forum at the last strict-10m guild dumb enough to post here.

  11. #51
    Congratulations guys. Great job, no matter what all the trolls say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Because there's still a lolfest going on in the US forum at the last strict-10m guild dumb enough to post here.

    Or it might be the fact that they're an EU guild, so posting in the US-First kills forum would be silly. But we can't expect you to understand that, you're to busy "loling" at people who are better than you.

  12. #52
    What I don't understand is this: Everyone who has replied to this thread in a negative way, you are acting like something or someone is FORCING you to read this person's thread. If you read the title and already know that you don't care about 10 man strict guilds, why bother even opening up the thread to read it, become disgruntled, and then reply negatively. Obviously there's a difference in difficulty between players in 10 man strict guilds who have accomplished this achievement, versus others who have also done so. Posting the relative iLvL of the gear used in the encounter is also not a fair comparison, because it does not take into account that players cannot really get all of the stats they want using 10 man only gear. Not to mention that trinkets for 10 man players usually pale in comparison to those raiding 25-man content. So even though people cleared this content earlier (meaning at a lower relative iLvL) their gear may still have been itemized much better as they had access to more pieces.

    TLR - Don't hate because these guys did something you didn't. If you think 10 man strict raiding is stupid, don't bother reading threads discussing it.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrra2012 View Post
    What I don't understand is this: Everyone who has replied to this thread in a negative way, you are acting like something or someone is FORCING you to read this person's thread. If you read the title and already know that you don't care about 10 man strict guilds, why bother even opening up the thread to read it, become disgruntled, and then reply negatively. Obviously there's a difference in difficulty between players in 10 man strict guilds who have accomplished this achievement, versus others who have also done so. Posting the relative iLvL of the gear used in the encounter is also not a fair comparison, because it does not take into account that players cannot really get all of the stats they want using 10 man only gear. Not to mention that trinkets for 10 man players usually pale in comparison to those raiding 25-man content. So even though people cleared this content earlier (meaning at a lower relative iLvL) their gear may still have been itemized much better as they had access to more pieces.

    TLR - Don't hate because these guys did something you didn't. If you think 10 man strict raiding is stupid, don't bother reading threads discussing it.
    Your argument is flawed in that I can use your same argument to justify me making a post about my World 4832th Gunship kill, and go "If you think that is stupid, don't bother reading this thread". See what the problem in that is?

    All we're saying is, we'd like to keep these forums with real amazing accomplishments, not see 3204830 posts about something that hundreds of guilds have essentially done the exact same thing or better

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by tilgare View Post
    Whether people have been aware of it or not, 10-man strict guilds and rankings have been around all of WotLK. It's not some arbitrary requirement, there are in fact very specific requirements to qualify. This is a great accomplishment, congrats on your kill.
    You just have to be nice to everyone do you? Afraid of pissing someone off on a forum?

    It's not even a first kill. It is not even a great accomplishment compared to the rest of the world. That's why it shouldn't be posted here.
    What if everyone posted their world 19th EU horde 10 man strict kills here?

    Go to your realm forum and post there if you want attention.

  15. #55
    The Patient Cowsftl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Älvsjö, Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    229
    Gosh , haters will be haters. It isn't the ilvl that makes this hard. It would be ALOT easier if they had acces to 25man normal gear. Saying that Paragon or Enisidia also had ilvl264 gear and therefor this isn't a feat is just bullshit.
    It seems that you are just GS lovers and think ilvl before stats.

    Congratulations , but I have to agree with some people that you don't have to post it since your not EU/World first.

  16. #56
    No offense, but isn't this the "Raids EU first kills" forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by tilgare View Post
    Whether people have been aware of it or not, 10-man strict guilds and rankings have been around all of WotLK. It's not some arbitrary requirement, there are in fact very specific requirements to qualify. This is a great accomplishment, congrats on your kill.

    No, thats pretty much as arbitrary as it gets. If the rules were set by the game, then it wouldn't be, but its set by a third party. The rules being specific have nothing to do with that, its about who makes the rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Seolla View Post
    Yes, I'm sure it is hard for you guys, and I'm sure it will impress few people, but this is not the place for it. So please stop making these "US first Dragon Kill playing with One Hand without wearing pants!"
    I agree - but if there's ever an 'Amish-strict' kill where they down LK-Hc-10 without using any technology later than horse & buggy, then I want to hear about it!

  19. #59
    Grats for the kill, i strongly believe that u need to have a disc priest that knows what to do, to even have a chance, but gratz to everyone

  20. #60
    Epic! Milanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    That place...with the stuff.
    Posts
    1,564
    Well-deserved congratulations! Best of luck to you in Cataclysm when 10-man strict really gets kicked up a notch!

    Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •