Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i've said it in many threads but i really hope boub is wrong on december 7th or 14th, i have uni exams on both those days in the afternoon

Blizzard is already grossly behind. Using blizzcon to announce any release date for cata is disappointing because cata should already be out. It shouldn't take a year for a company with the money and resources that Blizzard has to put out new content. I could understand if there had been a real content update or two since last winter, but there hasn't been.

The one silver lining is that we will hopefully get 4.0.3 a few weeks or more before release. At least we'll get to see something new sooner even if it isn't 81-85 content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkertown, and it's driving all the gnomes crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Blizzard is already grossly behind. Using blizzcon to announce any release date for cata is disappointing because cata should already be out. It shouldn't take a year for a company with the money and resources that Blizzard has to put out new content. I could understand if there had been a real content update or two since last winter, but there hasn't been.

The one silver lining is that we will hopefully get 4.0.3 a few weeks or more before release. At least we'll get to see something new sooner even if it isn't 81-85 content.
    As the blues have stated on the official forums, they have been working on Cataclysm since before Wrath's release. That would make it almost 2 years or longer that they have been at this xpac. When you consider things in that light....Blizzard has really screwed the pooch on things.
    "Traveling allows you to visit new towns and meet new people." - Genghis Khan.

I want a Diablo three release date.

I hope blizz will announce release date on blizzcon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    A team lead for Starcraft has gone on the record that no Heart of the Swarm details will be given out at BlizzCon this year.

Their keynote this year will probably be their next MMO, and may slip in the Cata release date and/or opening cinematic. The WoW panels will probably cover some plans they have for the first Cata content patch/Cata raids.
    It would be nice if we got the release date and the opening cinematic. xD

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Can you imagine the chorus of boos when poor Chris Metzen has to announce a Jan 2011 release? It would just be a bad start to BlizzCon. The only possible acceptable release date is "it's available now!" and we all know that isn't going to happen.

Edit: Jan 2011 - Sorry, still have 2010 in the brain, lol
    Boub believes Dec. And I agree. Mid to late Nov is what I was thinking originally. Blizzard wants it to be in 2010, and I believe they will release it on time. Whatever they haven't finished can be patched. Stop being negative.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post

Money and manpower =/= a good game. They are the things that LET you make a good game. They don't need to rush out a new game every few months to make sure they stay afloat. To date Blizzard has never put out a bad game. Sure, people may have complaints about BC or Wrath, but overall, you can't deny they were high quality products. Cataclysm will be no different and is looking to be one of the best yet.

That being said, I do agree their spacing was a bit too much on this one. I haven't logged into retail WoW in months due to nothing new to do. They didn't quite plan accordingly for how much dead time they would have between their last content patch and the expansion, but meh.

I can see it now: "Ok, you guys really want to know what the new next-gen mmo we are working is" *slideshow pop's up with a picture of a Murloc and the letter's M-M-O under it*

Would be a hilarious joke to play on the poor people.

For everyone going

"I'D RATHER HAVE A COMPLETED GAME THAN A RUSHED ONE." and stuff,

You're falling prey to marketing.

Cataclysm will not be any more complete releasing December 7th than it will be November 2nd.

Cataclysm will inevitably be bugged at launch and will be hotfixed I'm sure the day of the launch or a few days after.

You are failing to realize Activisions big releases are coming in November, and they do not want to compete.

Not only that, but no game company, not even Blizzard, can accomplish an astounding amount of change or bug fixes within 30 days of a release date change. The most that will happen is game schedule selling, and packing the game boxes and sending them to gaming companies.

That's it.

Blizzard isn't going to suddenly complete 90% of the game within the additional 30 days postponement. It's purely for marketing to drag out subscriptions longer for the pre-events, also. So you are paying all of august, september, october, and november, then when it comes out in December, you've paid for basically really easy to design pre-event content thats subpar compared to the actual expansion itself.

IF they announce nothing new at BlizzCon, it's a huge waste of marketing for Blizzard and a huge disappointment in fans everywhere. StarCraft 2 is old news, Diablo 3 is old news, and Cataclysm is SO old, the only thing people want to see is Cataclysm on their own desktops. It's been well over a year by the time BlizzCon comes, and if we get no new announcements beyond the same expected games, they are dis-servicing their fans and milking us.

This is the reason we are not seeing Cataclysm during the November 2nd week.
    http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/0...uty-black-ops/
    Last edited by LordRayken; 2010-09-28 at 07:21 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by LordRayken View Post
    For everyone going

"I'D RATHER HAVE A COMPLETED GAME THAN A RUSHED ONE." and stuff,

You're falling prey to marketing.

Cataclysm will not be any more complete releasing December 7th than it will be November 2nd.

Cataclysm will inevitably be bugged at launch and will be hotfixed I'm sure the day of the launch or a few days after.

You are failing to realize Activisions big releases are coming in November, and they do not want to compete.

Not only that, but no game company, not even Blizzard, can accomplish an astounding amount of change or bug fixes within 30 days of a release date change. The most that will happen is game schedule selling, and packing the game boxes and sending them to gaming companies.

That's it.

Blizzard isn't going to suddenly complete 90% of the game within the additional 30 days postponement. It's purely for marketing to drag out subscriptions longer for the pre-events, also. So you are paying all of august, september, october, and november, then when it comes out in December, you've paid for basically really easy to design pre-event content thats subpar compared to the actual expansion itself.

IF they announce nothing new at BlizzCon, it's a huge waste of marketing for Blizzard and a huge disappointment in fans everywhere. StarCraft 2 is old news, Diablo 3 is old news, and Cataclysm is SO old, the only thing people want to see is Cataclysm on their own desktops. It's been well over a year by the time BlizzCon comes, and if we get no new announcements beyond the same expected games, they are dis-servicing their fans and milking us.

This is the reason we are not seeing Cataclysm during the November 2nd week.
    http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/0...uty-black-ops/
    Heh.. was wondering how many people were gonna catch on this.

I'm sure Blizzard is happy that they have another month to work on the content.

I'm sure people will be happy "IF" they give us 4.0 in early November.

And I'm sure Activision is more than happy to take your money.
    btw - Speelling, I R TiReD! no Speel for U!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    why do you think they would announce a release date right at the start? maybe it's the last thing on the last day of blizzcon.
    Have you ever been to Blizzcon? The big announcements are always at the opening speech.

Quote Originally Posted by koletha View Post
    Personally, I'm looking forward to them announcing a Diablo III release date at Blizzcon.
    I'll tell you right now that's not going to happen.

Heh, if Blizz made a post-apocalyptic MMO it'd be awesome! Shame they wouldn't finish it til after the pocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    Heh, if Blizz made a post-apocalyptic MMO it'd be awesome! Shame they wouldn't finish it til after the pocalypse.
    That's the thing. Blizzard (Or more accurately Activision) are in fact going to cause the apocalypse, and then claim that the life afterwards is their post-apocalyptic MMO with the most realistic graphics ever.

if 4.0.1 comes in nov i like many will quit and im sure there will be alot quit if its not pot by oct 5th or a week later when im on all u here is im sick of this content my sever already loseing alot of ppl

Blizzard has never announced a release date for anything at any BlizzCon before. I don't see how or why they would want to at this one.

yep they're really going to release AFTER christmas, HA.

Cataclysm can come out any time it pleases. The patch that will give us the new world is what I'm looking forward to the most though. I'm hoping it comes out relatively soon.