Healer drops Itemisation

If caster dps have spirit to hit talents does this mean that they will be legitimately rolling on healer drops? The reverse will not be true as healers will need spirit for mana.

since HIT is not a stat anymore on SP leather their is no reverse, their will no be healers/DPS drops any more, they will just be spellcaster pieces

My understanding is its only ele shamans, spriests and moonkins. Haven't heard whether hit + other rating stuff will be better or how many spirit pieces it would take to get hitcapped and not need more.

Quote Originally Posted by chibs View Post
    since HIT is not a stat anymore on SP leather their is no reverse, their will no be healers/DPS drops any more, they will just be spellcaster pieces
    If this is the case then why is thier gear in the lists on the front page that differentiate between caster dps and heal? Also why then is thier gear in the lists with +hit and some without.

My mistake I was looking at the items to be bought with Valor points and thought they were drops from dungeons. Sorry.

My concern was that if a caster back with spirit drops from a boss in cata then both the caster dps and the healer will be able to roll on it but if a cater back with no spirit on it drops then it may be useless for a healer. This seems to create an imbalance.

However it is not impossible that I am misunderstanding the itemisation process and mastery as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltigeuse View Post
    My concern was that if a caster back with spirit drops from a boss in cata then both the caster dps and the healer will be able to roll on it but if a cater back with no spirit on it drops then it may be useless for a healer. This seems to create an imbalance.
    That was already the situation in wrath, where all caster dps except Elly shammies had some use for spirit, and elly shaman often had to roll on either caster dps cloth or resto elly mail.

Now mages & warlocks will be completely out of competion with priests. Druids will be rolling against other druids & shaman will be rolling against other shaman.

TL/DR it's getting better not worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Utter nonsense, there will still be hit on mail/leather gear, the conversion talent from Spirit to hit is meant mainly for HEALERS not for DPS (because the healers can regain mana from using offensive spells).

Leather/mail with spirit on them are healer items now.... always.
    You are flat out wrong. The only mail or leather caster gear that will have hit on will be tier.
    Last edited by Azyoulike; 2010-09-28 at 01:40 PM.

What a compelling argument, but I might be wrong please post a source and I'll accept it.
    First use common sense. If it was aimed at healers they wouldn't need 100% conversion, because healers will be running 2k-3k spirit, which is a HECK of a lot of hit.

Second

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

If you are a Balance druid or Elemental shaman:
    You will still share gear with Restoration druids and shaman.
    Your gear will have Spirit on it. It won’t have Hit on it.
    You will have a talent that converts Spirit to Hit. We will adjust talents accordingly so that you want about as much Spirit as, say, a warlock wants Hit.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...790320&sid=1#0

Looking at that quite possibly even tier won't have hit, that could go either way.

My bad, I guess I already knew but forgot... maybe because it doesn't seem to be converted on current gear.

Oh well I like it since I'm currently leveling a resto/balance druid so less gear to keep track off.
    you will still probably get some pieces without spirit on them as spirit will overcap you quite fast, and if you want to dps you will want to reforge most of your spirit anyway