Call of the Pack

Idea I had for Beast Master signature talent, personally i find the current to be a bit; lame?

Call of the Pack:

The Beast Master calls upon the family of the current pet to aid the pet and his master in battle. The assisting pack does 50% of the pet's damage for 10 seconds. 2 min cooldown.

Please give suggestions or thoughts. I think it sounds fun and quite fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by tehpud View Post
    Idea I had for Beast Master signature talent, personally i find the current to be a bit; lame?

Call of the Pack:

The Beast Master calls upon the family of the current pet to aid the pet and his master in battle. The assisting pack does 50% of the pet's damage for 10 seconds. 2 min cooldown.

Please give suggestions or thoughts. I think it sounds fun and quite fitting.
    I like it a lot bit 50% of a damage only?

---------- Post added 2010-09-28 at 02:23 PM ----------

but on a second thought I don't think bm need another long cd burst spells.. we need something beastly for our rotation, something with little cd

Deleted
    Been suggested many many times before, but still like it

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    I like it a lot bit 50% of a damage only?

---------- Post added 2010-09-28 at 02:23 PM ----------

but on a second thought I don't think bm need another long cd burst spells.. we need something beastly for our rotation, something with little cd
    I was thinking 50% because of the current pet dmg in 4.0.1 PTR. I am sure it can be pushed higher but something that isn't too much but just enough for a nice damage boost for a good brief seconds with a nice short CD. Also...it would look bad ass seeing a Core Hound getting backed up by his family :P

BM doesn't need any more big CDs. Not to mention I've had enough of Army of the Dead/Treants/Mirror Images.

If I get to summon a pack of pets to attack my pet's target, I want it to summon a horde of critters XD

Would be far more epic to kill an opponent in PVP with a swarm of squirrels than a handful of corehounds IMO. ^^ Since every zone has native critters, it could even change which ones are summoned to match the current area. If it was restricted to squirrels, then I fear the onslaught of "Steal his nuts!" macros in PVP. <,<

Even so, I agree with those who say that BM doesn't need another CD ability, and I'm more in favor of a short CD rotational ability.. Whether it is a shot of some sort or a 2nd KC wouldn't really matter, so long as our basic playstyle requires the same number of buttons as MM/SV +/-1.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be even cooler if you call the pets you have in your stable.

Ukkikun, Sören, Dreadnaught, Bosse and Kong! I choose you!

Or that's maybe just what you said.

Not all the pets you can tame are pack animals :/

But I do like the idea non-the-less.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it would be a mechanics nightmare, being able to control more than one pet at once should be BM's signature.

Army of bears, go.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    While it would be a mechanics nightmare, being able to control more than one pet at once should be BM's signature.

Army of bears, go.
    I suppose they'd follow your actual pet around and attack what it attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I suppose they'd follow your actual pet around and attack what it attacks.
    Then what about their abilities? There has to be a way to control their specials unless they have none, and then they're just boring extra DPS.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post

Army of bears, go.
    BM's signature is now that they bring pets to the field that provide buffs other hunters cannot.

This + Wolf Pet + My Worgen Hunter + Worg Mini Pet = Nerdgasm

Though I see this as never happening, even though it does sound like a spell BM's should have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it would be a good signature talent, because I feel like it's not interactive enough. Would be a fun talent though, and could deal a steady amount of damage when up.

I think modeling the ability to work the same way as the Blood Deathknights Dancing Sword would work well. The Pack will mimic what the pet does. I believe this would add some more "Beast Master" feel to the spec. Just being able to tame an exotic pet isn't Beast Master enough. Just my opinion.