Poll: Will you Re-Roll Worgen in Cataclysm

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Have you all gone Mad!

I`m confused :S

People are actually complaining that the Worgen Race isn't cute and cuddly looking enough :P

What exactly were you expecting Blizzard to make them look like? This isn't Twilight guys . . . Bunch of women

IMO its about time the Alliance got a race that looked inherently destructive and maybe slightly bloodthirsty. It will bring balance to both sides and blur the lines of Good and Evil which some people seem to think the latter only applies to the Horde.
    "This World Will Burn"

I like the new Worgen model, but it won't be my new main.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    New models > old. Fuck having another cute race, I'm glad they're snarling beasts, ya know, LIKE THEY'RE SPOSED TO BE!?
    Don't mean to sound like an ass but .... wrong? Gilnaes worgens Are. Not. Wild. Ferals. They are NOT the ones you see currently, they do in fact have a human mind and commonsense, control of their beastly side. What part of that do people not understand? If you have a HUMAN mind do you run around with a constant pissed expression with bared teeth 24/7 or look like a Neanderthal?

Hopefully blizzard will use common logic and give all kinds of options from calm to that hideous excuse of a face. I will never use it that is for sure.

This is how it should be handled. Orc females have 9 faces, a good mix of "calm" "ok" "OMG WTF EW" and ONE Snarl face.
    Last edited by Keristrasza; 2010-09-29 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Fixed tags
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Oh yes, I will most definitely be rolling a Worgen Female Druid. The latest model out looks fantastic and I love that it is going to have the perma-snarl just like the males. If Cataclysm came out today, I'd be making her right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Don't mean to sound like an ass but .... wrong? Gilnaes worgens Are. Not. Wild. Ferals. They are NOT the ones you see currently, they do in fact have a human mind and commonsense, control of their beastly side. What part of that do people not understand? If you have a HUMAN mind do you run around with a constant pissed expression with bared teeth 24/7 or look like a Neanderthal?

Hopefully blizzard will use common logic and give all kinds of options from calm to that hideous excuse of a face. I will never use it that is for sure.

This is how it should be handled. Orc females have 9 faces, a good mix of "calm" "ok" "OMG WTF EW" and ONE Snarl face.
    One interesting thing to note about that is the fact that if you zoomed all the way in on the model viewer, look at the face from the side, click all the face options, turn the head so you see the right or left cheek, go through the face options again, you'd notice that the face model itself doesn't change. Only the textures.
    Last edited by Alewen; 2010-09-29 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Wanted to quote the guy above me

Worgen looks amazing finally the alliance have a race worth playing!!!

have both... you can change your face at the creation screen you know... there are more than one face.

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    One interesting thing to note about that is the fact that if you zoomed all the way in on the model viewer, look at the face from the side, click all the face options, turn the head so you see the right or left cheek, go through the face options again, you'd notice that the face model itself doesn't change. Only the textures.
    And that means.... what exactly? Sry but I fail to see your point. Its still 9 different faces giving off 9 different 'feels' to them which allows players to have a 'choice' in what they want to look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Camilyna View Post
    Look at that side by side..how can anyone honestly think the OLD models looked better? They look like cartoon lions.

I love the new worgen male models. I think they look fantastic. Perma-Snarl should stay. Have you ever seen a calm werewolf? Wait, yeah I have ..in twilight. You wanna be jacob? I don't.
    Twilight aren't werewolves from what I am told ... I wouldn't know I hate twilight but love werewolves ... and I want it to have a CALM face because WORGEN are not "werewolves" they look like it but are not werewolves. Gilnaes Worgen have human control and so are no different than people of SW just ... wolfish. If you want to play an ugly monster then play an undead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Where is the option:
    "I think they are awesome, but since they can't be paladins I will level up my paladin first and then lvl a worgen alt untill blizzard lets worgen become paladins, in which case I will race change my paladin into one?"
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

New male worgen model: An improvement on what we first saw.

New female worgen model: I hope that's a work in progress (as the fact that it's currently disabled on beta would suggest). What's with the weird ears? And the bug-eyes? And the peevish-lapdog face? And the beer gut?

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    ...and the wierd huge ass while wearing pants.
    Weird huge square ass, no less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Twilight aren't werewolves from what I am told ... I wouldn't know I hate twilight but love werewolves ... and I want it to have a CALM face because WORGEN are not "werewolves" they look like it but are not werewolves. Gilnaes Worgen have human control and so are no different than people of SW just ... wolfish. If you want to play an ugly monster then play an undead.
    from what I've seen in the twishite movie trailers, the werewolves in that are guys who turn into massive wolves.
    I think twishite is more "human turning into a worg" than "human turning into the wolf man"

to conclude
    twilight= man turning into wolf
    worgen= van helsing/wolfman/insert-generic-horror-werewolf style werewolf

(technically, shaman are closer to twishite, seeing as they as they actually turn into wolves)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemsadictos View Post
    And ...?

Lets take it rp-wise, as we do in these threads.

having 24/7 snarl faces seems a bit too much /emo. they cant snarl all the time, technically.even wolves with rabbies arent on snarl 24/7.
    Atleast you're not humans with a constantly passive face. And you're eyebrows and muscles in your face probably move.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    from what I've seen in the twishite movie trailers, the werewolves in that are guys who turn into massive wolves.
    I think twishite is more "human turning into a worg" than "human turning into the wolf man"

to conclude
    twilight= man turning into wolf
    worgen= van helsing/wolfman/insert-generic-horror-werewolf style werewolf

(technically, shaman are closer to twishite, seeing as they as they actually turn into wolves)
    The original concept of "werewolf" was a human transforming into a wolf, not a "wolf-man." (Not that I think Meyer actually knows that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    In Cata ?!? WHY ?!?

The option isn't there because, judging from beta feedback, there is really no reason for anyone to roll a paladin in the expansion.
    There wasnt a reason to roll a retri pala during vanilla. But I did....

Jsut like retri and prot paladins that much....have experience with playing a broken class before...so /care
    Also Blizz will fix the numbers and I do not mind the RNG that everybody is whining about.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

i didn't vote because the options are crap.

why not just keep it freaking simple?

just a yes or no is enough, instead of all the crap that comes after.

Quote Originally Posted by mindfulcorvus View Post
    ^This

And in regards to this:

There is a human form. Whats up with the "we need a calm face!" thing? Am I wrong when I think that you can go back to your human form? (for your "calm" face)
    Exactly. Perma snarl face for all imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?