Poll: What about neutral factions?

What's wrong with neutral factions?

Ok, not trying to QQ about horde and alliance war but QQing about COMMON SENSE.

What's wrong with them?
    So... Sylvannas Kidnapped a Ebon Blade member and ebon blade says nothing, Forsaken kill all those little Dalaran mages in Silverpine but Kirin Tor says nothing... Royal Apothecary Society "recreate" the plague and no Argent dawn or Silver hands (not even them together Argent crusade joke) try to stop them...

So... knowing that Cenarion Circle won't reclaim about that little tree in Stonetalon...

What's wrong with them?

(Wait a minute! I know, I know, alliance buddies did "evil" thing for sure, but there's a lot of Beta horde and very few about alliance)

Pd: Forgive me! I'm not an English speaker and I can't even seem to.
    Last edited by Leibnitz; 2010-09-28 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Argent dawn, silver hand, argent crusade

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leibnitz View Post
    Royal Apothecary Society "recreate" the plague and no Argent dawn or Silver hands (not even them together Argent dawn joke) try to stop them...
    I do not understand the joke :P

PS: Just as the poster under me said, your English is fine, we're able to understand you =D
    Last edited by Rammellaar; 2010-09-28 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Adding
    "When there is an evil justice cannot defeat, what would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil?". - Code Geass

Also, here is a link to my Döppelganger ^_^

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    First of all, nothing wrong with your english mate

Second of all, you have a point, the neutral factions should stand up for themselves... Yet they don't... Most likely various reasons to this, but the primary is probably, that it would be too complicated to fix ingame... It would work if the game was offline, but online, not likely

---------- Post added 2010-09-28 at 05:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rammellaar View Post
    I think he is refering to the Argent Crusade as a joke, not sure though

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rammellaar View Post
    Silver Hand created the Argent Dawn? Not sure

But for OP, maybe they don't know about it? I mean if you kill the Kirin Tor in Silverpine who would tell the Dalaran Mages they died?

This kind of stuff usually gets explained "off screen" so to speak. If there were scripted events and dialog for every little thing they'd have to postpone 10 more years :P

Who's to say the ebon blade isn't yelling at Sylvanas while we are off killing the lich king for the hundredth time for instance? (yeah yeah, technically we only kill him once but still)

Because this is a game where factions fight each other, not a trehugger campfire flowerpower game.
    Last edited by Mordoran; 2010-09-28 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordoran View Post
    Because this is a game where factions fight each other, not a trehugger campfire flowerpower game.
    Did you read the post, or did you just read the title and take a guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

10+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't make sense in any way regarding to the mainpost..
    "When there is an evil justice cannot defeat, what would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil?". - Code Geass

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you read what he wrote? He's asking WHY didn't they do anything? He's not condoning Neutral Factions.

The Argent Crusade is a faction created from the union of the Argent Dawn, a few survivors of the Scarlet Crusade who didn't follow Abbendis to Northrend, and the Reformed Order of the Silver Hand

from wowwiki: argent crusade

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leibnitz View Post
    The Argent Crusade is a faction created from the union of the Argent Dawn, a few survivors of the Scarlet Crusade who didn't follow Abbendis to Northrend, and the Reformed Order of the Silver Hand

from wowwiki: argent crusade
    Im aware of that, I just do not get the joke :P No offense tho.

Agreed with the OP, it is really odd that 3 - 4 major neutral factions sit by idly while their people are being slaughtered / their work is being undone / their people are being brainwashed.

And don't say that WoW being an online game serves as an excuse: this is what they developed phasing for in the first place, to show changes and the like!

They're probably trying to keep things uncomplicated and easy, that's the only way i can explain it, or they are currently adressing this, Cata is still in the beta phase y'know.
    People who think they can reason with me are clearly unreasonable.

Practicin' drawing and writing too, might even post a story or two. (no rhyme intended)

Note to beer-fans: Beer's for pussies, mead's for men.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Silver Hand created the Argent Dawn? Not sure

But for OP, maybe they don't know about it? I mean if you kill the Kirin Tor in Silverpine who would tell the Dalaran Mages they died?
    Let's see if I remember correctly... Arthas disbanded the Silver Hand, but the remaining paladins created the Scarlet Crusade instead, however when they became raving fanatics, a group split, naming themselves the Argent Dawn and the Brotherhood of the Light, later Tirion Fordring re-created the Silver Hand, but at the same time the Stormwind paladins did so too, along with the Ironforge paladins... Tirion then spearheaded the Silver Hand, and merged it with the Argent Dawn, creating the Argent Crusade, which later merged with the Knights of the Ebon Blade, thus creating the Ashen Verdict.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Let's see if I remember correctly... Arthas disbanded the Silver Hand, but the remaining paladins created the Scarlet Crusade instead, however when they became raving fanatics, a group split, naming themselves the Argent Dawn and the Brotherhood of the Light, later Tirion Fordring re-created the Silver Hand, but at the same time the Stormwind paladins did so too, along with the Ironforge paladins... Tirion then spearheaded the Silver Hand, and merged it with the Argent Dawn, creating the Argent Crusade, which later merged with the Knights of the Ebon Blade, thus creating the Ashen Verdict.
    Just a little correction. According to the Ashbringer comic series, Arthas didn't have the power to disband the order. It continued to exist up until Alexandros Mograine's death, whereupon it split into factions led by Maxwell Tyrosus (the Argent Dawn) and High General Abbendis (the father of Brigitte Abbendis, the Scarlet Crusade). The reason they split was that the Scarlets wouldn't hear of other races joining the order, and there was also the whole deal with Fairbanks accusing Renault of murder.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Just a little correction. According to the Ashbringer comic series, Arthas didn't have the power to disband the order. It continued to exist up until Alexandros Mograine's death, whereupon it split into factions led by Maxwell Tyrosus (the Argent Dawn) and High General Abbendis (the father of Brigitte Abbendis, the Scarlet Crusade). The reason they split was that the Scarlets wouldn't hear of other races joining the order, and there was also the whole deal with Fairbanks accusing Renault of murder.
    Blasted comics! If it hadn't been for that pesky pencil and its correction I would have gotten away with it!

I haven't actually read the Ashbringer comic, for various reasons, one being it's hard to find in Denmark, two, it's translated into danish (oh the horror!).... three, it's silly expensive :S
    (and four, the comics are often horrible)
    Last edited by Venziir; 2010-09-28 at 06:32 PM.

Imagine if during the cold war one of the third world countries that the US or the Soviet Union exploited had stood up and said they weren't going to take it anymore? Oh yeah, they would've been squashed like a bug. So goes it with neutral factions in World of Warcraft, with it's (for now) cold war.
    [quote author=ðεrfεℓ † καðαrηε link=topic=158876.msg2123362#msg2123362 date=1265649724]
    And who are you?
    Â A two-feet-tall midget dual wielding 5ft long two-handed swords?
    Â Or a blue-skinned half-squid-half-goat uncorrupted demon of light from outer space who is a wild shaman?
    Â Or are you a killed, then raised, then liberated, then killed, then raised, then liberated again human whose eyes used to glow not, then glow yellow, and now glow blue (I'm not even talking of your spine portruding through your skin, your armor and your cloak)(and the ability to speak without lower jaw)?
    Â Or are you an elf who can turn into a cat, bear, seal, cheetah, eagle and tree, but still has to use ground mounts which you magically conjure from thin air? [/quote]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistersister View Post
    Imagine if during the cold war one of the third world countries that the US or the Soviet Union exploited had stood up and said they weren't going to take it anymore? Oh yeah, they would've been squashed like a bug. So goes it with neutral factions in World of Warcraft, with it's (for now) cold war.
    Like Yugoslavia?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistersister View Post
    This. If any of the neutral factions were to stand up to the Horde (or the Alliance, but mostly the Horde) and try to get them to stop conquering the world, the Horde would crush them. It's probably a smarter idea to NOT argue with one of the Azerothian superpowers, especially when the offender is usually the one capable of biological warfare.

Deleted
    No. Sylvanas arrested/imprisoned a soldier of the Horde for incompetence and fraternising with the enemy. It was Koltira's choice to return to elven ranks (and after WC3 he probably felt more at home serving as one of the Forsaken), he had orders and disobeyed them outright.

I admire the neutral factions. If game mechanics allowed for it I would gladly be an Argent. The Horde/Alliance conflict seems so petty when you look at some of the external threats they both face. Many of the war's problems could be solved with a little diplomacy.

Hopefully Blizz would have a neutral faction take action if the Horde/Alliance assaulted their sensibilities. There should be some repercussions for the Horde after the Cata events in Stonetalon for example, but Koltira, on the other hand, has it coming to him.