Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Advertsing Batman

I love mmo but with curse owning it came a gazillion advertising popups that made it lame. now it's a hassle to even check this place. =[ i understand the need for revenue but can we please tone it down a notch? gucci... yay... i saw the banner the first 18 times, i dont need a full page display blocking the content that i actually want to see.

A. Not Cataclysm related.
    B. The site has to make money somehow, they are offering you a free service (News).
    C. Popup blockers work wonders.
    D. Ive been a frequenter of both World of Raids and MMO for many a year now, the number of ads on MMO has not gone up since the Curse acquisition. You are trying to scape goat and point fingers, just keep it to yourself please.
    Mattsvaliant - 85 BE Paladin - 135+ Mounts - Dragonslayer -

The only thing I've noticed since the Curse acquisition of MMO-Champ is that there is a wider variety of advertisements. This may not be related to the actual acquisition though...

The ads have been there a long time. If you're noticing an increase then I strongly suggest you change your meds.

Deleted
    MMO_Champ has adds?

AdBlock is such a natural part of my surfing so I haven't even noticed.

And it doesn't matter any way, the whole site is about to be redone in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    MMO_Champ has adds?

I was thining the same exact thing

not everything here has to be cata related

i have a pop up blocker - this isnt the problem

i can choose where i get my news - mmo wants us here and not elsewhere getting news if it can help it

since curse aquired it, the amount and type of adds has gotten much much worse. instead of banners and stuff on the sides, we now get full screen pop ups that must be closed prior to viewing anything = lame

i love and visit mmo daily is my point but too many adds make it seem that mmo/curse care more about revenue then quality of their site which is sad because before curse aquired them i didnt feel this way.

trolls love to troll i suppose! keep telling me i suck and am stupid! rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Chilidog View Post

i can choose where i get my news - mmo wants us here and not elsewhere getting news if it can help it

since curse aquired it, the amount and type of adds has gotten much much worse. instead of banners and stuff on the sides, we now get full screen pop ups that must be closed prior to viewing anything = lame

i love and visit mmo daily is my point but too many adds make it seem that mmo/curse care more about revenue then quality of their site which is sad because before curse aquired them i didnt feel this way.

Everything in the CATACLYSM Forums has to be related with CATACLYSM.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

MMO_Champ has adds?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you don't have firefox you're bad
    If you don't have ABP(AD-BLOCK-PLUS) you're bad

---------- Post added 2010-09-28 at 07:26 PM ----------

Pop-up blocker and ad blocker are not the same.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Considering the fact that Ads keep this site free and functioning, they are a necessary 'evil.' I actually think the ads on the site aren't very intrusive anyway.

Sidenote: regardless of what add ons people are using with their browsers, I believe a moderator asked in another thread that we refrain from offering advice on how to circumvent ads, considering they are what helps to keep the site alive. Probably a good idea.

MMO_Champ has adds?

I feel the same way. When I was reading this I actually had to disable my AdBlocker to see where they even put the ads.

Again, you are arguing a moot point, the site is going to change drastically in the next few weeks, who knows how many ads will be on that version of the site.

If you dont like it now, the door is that way ---------->

They aren't all that bad. I do however miss the MLG girls. :P

MMO_Champ has adds?

this. /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    quit bitchin' >< they're just adds for god's sake. like adds are REALLY distracting you from blue posts.... if its that big a deal go to a different site or just dig through the posts yourself. besides, they haven't changed anything aside from what they are advertising.

I was expecting a topic about Batman, and all I got was Trollman, shoo.
    [23:35:54] [B] [80:Fetølboks-Dea:5]: stop running into die

[21:12:45] [G] [13:Warriorelfo]: Troll is a horde and cant be in a alliance guild

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO_Champ has adds?

^ this

You must have got some Adware around the same time... I have yet to see a single popup from MMO before or after the Curse acquisition...

You suck and are stupid.
    You're the kind of kid that thinks bands are 'alternative' until one of their songs ends up in a commercial for Dove scented body spray, then they've 'Sold out' right?

I never see a single ad that's barring my way to the news I want to see.
    Unless you count those ads that pop up about. . . once. And then, OH NO, there's a small x in the top right corner.
    I think you're kind of letting everyone see just how lazy you really are. So you're probably really fat, in which case I understand your frustration, once you get momentum on your mouse rolling, it's hard to stop right on top of that tiny little X, right?

As far as your threats to 'get the news elsewhere' Please just go choke on a dick and do it already.
    You're about as annoying as those assclowns in the official forums "I'm going to unsub if you nerf my ret pally!"

Despair. So delicious.
    Please, continue to placate my thirst for tears.

Quote Originally Posted by zellery View Post
    they aren't all that bad. I do however miss the mlg girls.
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story