Thread: Post Count

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Whut? O_o

    Imma not trolling, I just... well, often say what's on my mind... even if its connection with the topic at hand may not be readily apparent...
    Sorry dude, but your sig clearly proves you're a troll ... don't try denying it.

  2. #22
    Mechagnome Valakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck123 View Post
    so you dont care bout post counters but you care about braggers, wich makes you again care about post counters.
    Enlighten me now, whats your point ?
    If you don't care about them, why bother ?
    If you care about them, you are targeting yourself with your first post (or is this a very shallow way to increase your personal postcounter ? //cwutididthar ?)
    I do care about post counters
    My point is some people post just to increase their count
    I do care about them, and that's why I bother
    I am not targeting myself with my first post

  3. #23
    Mechagnome AlexGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ellsworthland Antarctica
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Valakin View Post
    Yeah, but once you hit a certain number, why not cap it?
    That's an interesting point. I mean sure high post count does signify a sort of 'site or forum expertise' to some measure, but still I've read some fairly un-intelligent posts from people with over 5000 posts, "despite lack of grammar, English was most likely their first language, making it even worse."

    I think a cap would be a good idea.

    P.S. not insulting people who's first language isn't English BTW, just the lack of information/use of logic/clarity behind bad posters.
    Over-thinking, Over-analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

  4. #24
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by fuknfreak View Post
    post count is like gear score, refer to sig

    I'm kind of ashamed to admit that it took me a couple of seconds to get your sig.

    BUT! Now that I do... I completely agree

  5. #25
    Does not like cats. Dark Side's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Medicine Hat, Alberta
    Posts
    9,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    I'm obviously better than several people in this thread, because my post count is over 2k!

    Seriously does anyone even look at that number? The only thing I use it for is spotting trolls with 1 (or less than 10) posts, which I report a lot quicker than say Lokann a troll with over 6k posts.
    Other than that, it's a bit of a "club". As in everybody with over 1k posts I probably noticed in the forums before. For example Dark Side or Lokann are hard to miss.
    With 6k posts a peice, i would hope we are hard to miss

  6. #26
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,027
    It doesn't really matter. But under no circumstances are you to boost your post count just for that sake.

    Ever.

    Don't do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

  7. #27
    i kind of feel offended by people with high post counts saying they can spot trolls easy because they have a very low number of it. I for one am, i think even now under 20. But does that necessarily mean i am a troll?
    I just spend more time reading than posting in every troll made topic i can find. Sure sometimes i get carried away and reply in some troll topics but who's to say i'm perfect.
    But given from my experience with the MMO-C forums so far, and seeing as almost 6 or 7 out of 10 topics are QQ/trolling topics (and i honestly do not think i am exaggerating), i tend to believe that the more posts a person has,the bigger the troll/qq'er he is. This is not something FIXED of course and am not insinuating that every person with a count over ... let's say 300 is one, its just an opinion based on the majority of topics.

    also.. i don't have a sig/avatar since, like i said, i mostly read. it don't matter that much to me.
    Last edited by Frozenshiva; 2010-09-30 at 03:12 AM.

  8. #28
    There's a post count?

  9. #29
    More posts = more E-PEEN for the trolls

    Personally, I assume that those with post counts as high as Lokann's (for example) are esteemed members of the MMO community who actually understand what they post. Unlike 99.9% of the rest of us :P

  10. #30
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    Personally, I assume that those with post counts as high as Lokann's (for example) are esteemed members of the MMO community who actually understand what they post. Unlike 99.9% of the rest of us :P
    Not so true. Roleplayers get a huuuuuge boost in post count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    More posts = more E-PEEN for the trolls

    Personally, I assume that those with post counts as high as Lokann's (for example) are esteemed members of the MMO community who actually understand what they post. Unlike 99.9% of the rest of us :P
    It's pretty hard to get a high post count as a troll. You're either banned too often or swiftly perma-banned. Maybe it's a merit of how long they've gone on without getting punished?

  12. #32
    anyone know what the highest post count is?
    <!Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton!>
    ;0

  13. #33
    Does not like cats. Dark Side's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Medicine Hat, Alberta
    Posts
    9,164
    I do not use my post count as a Epeen monitor. I do however use it as a status symbol so people see <6000 posts and think "wow, shes been here a while, maybe i should read this post"

  14. #34
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    446
    post ccount helps u tell between new ppl and vets

  15. #35
    Mechagnome Pandorox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    I'm obviously better than several people in this thread, because my post count is over 2k!

    Seriously does anyone even look at that number? The only thing I use it for is spotting trolls with 1 (or less than 10) posts, which I report a lot quicker than say Lokann a troll with over 6k posts.
    Other than that, it's a bit of a "club". As in everybody with over 1k posts I probably noticed in the forums before. For example Dark Side or Lokann are hard to miss.
    I've been seeing Vorack around alot more. And he's not a troll. His posts have helped me in someway..yet I can't remember how.
    But thanks anyways <3 Vorack

  16. #36
    Does not like cats. Dark Side's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Medicine Hat, Alberta
    Posts
    9,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevii View Post
    I've been seeing Vorack around alot more. And he's not a troll. His posts have helped me in someway..yet I can't remember how.
    But thanks anyways <3 Vorack
    I whole heartedly agree, Vorack is a very cool guy and one of my faovrite posters <3 Vorack

  17. #37
    Mechagnome Kuismar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Grim Guzzler
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramore View Post
    Wait... this posts power level... it's over 9000!

    But seriously, I like but hate the post count feature, it lets you know that someone's been around for awhile and is presumably reliable but then you have people doing "
    well without the counter you still have the titles.

  18. #38
    Scarab Lord Stanton Biston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Posts
    4,864
    For a while, I was in the camp that the greater the number of posts, the more credible/sane a person was.

    But then, some topics cropped up about bans and people being upset about said bans so I started to see if, using my piddly powers of observation, there was any casual trends between people I saw that were banned. I expected to see that the people getting banned generally had low post counts.

    However, the only real trend I saw was that people with under say, 1k posts, could at any time lose their minds and get banned. To go back and read the series of posts that often precede the post that finalized a ban typically showed what can only be described as a descent into rage.

    My concluding thought is that the post count serves as a useful metric at the extreme ends, some of the time, which is to say it's almost worthless as a consistent measurement of value for a given poster.

  19. #39
    Stood in the Fire Zantumall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denial
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    I whole heartedly agree, Vorack is a very cool guy and one of my faovrite posters <3 Vorack
    I think Vorack is a pretty cool guy, eh helps me out and doesn't afraid of anything?
    Sorry about that. It was necessary.

    OT: I've noticed that the few people I recognize (Dark Side, Lokann, most mods, etc.) almost always have high post counts, but not because it's some kind of E-peen meter; it's just that the only way to become recognizable to the community is to post well and often. Otherwise, join dates are usually a better indicator than post counts.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

  20. #40
    Does not like cats. Dark Side's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Medicine Hat, Alberta
    Posts
    9,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantumall View Post
    I think Vorack is a pretty cool guy, eh helps me out and doesn't afraid of anything?
    Sorry about that. It was necessary.

    OT: I've noticed that the few people I recognize (Dark Side, Lokann, most mods, etc.) almost always have high post counts, but not because it's some kind of E-peen meter; it's just that the only way to become recognizable to the community is to post well and often. Otherwise, join dates are usually a better indicator than post counts.
    Haha, i get it I love the "doesnt afraid of anything" line

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •