Thread: Post Count

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Post Count

I have noticed post count is sort of a "means for bragging" around here. It also causes stupid posts, to boost it. If so, why not just get rid of it? Or is that not possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Valakin View Post
    I have noticed post count is sort of a "means for bragging" around here. It also causes stupid posts, to boost it. If so, why not just get rid of it? Or is that not possible?
    Used to determine who can and cannot post links/images/etc. to avoid spammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Disabling Postcount entirely would mean to block posting. But you still can hide it on every forum software, so it simply won't show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Yeah, but once you hit a certain number, why not cap it?

Deleted
    Im now 1 closer to 600

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valakin View Post
    I only bragged about hitting 666 and 1337 posts.

Otherwise, meh. A one-post wonder is still capable of delivering at least as good a post as someone with over 9000(!) posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    I only bragged about hitting 666 and 1337 posts.

Otherwise, meh. A one-post wonder is still capable of delivering at least as good a post as someone with over 9000(!) posts.
    Wait... this posts power level... it's over 9000!

But seriously, I like but hate the post count feature, it lets you know that someone's been around for awhile and is presumably reliable but then you have people doing "[/quote] lols this am funnyz"

15+ Year Old Account
    Posting to boost post count is a bad idea. Don't do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    Im now 1 closer to 600
    You're now 10 further from 600.

Post count doesn't matter here imo, I determine people by their name and the way they type.
    Hi

so you dont care bout post counters but you care about braggers, wich makes you again care about post counters.
    Enlighten me now, whats your point ?
    If you don't care about them, why bother ?
    If you care about them, you are targeting yourself with your first post (or is this a very shallow way to increase your personal postcounter ? //cwutididthar ?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, I look at the title instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if somebody ever will hit the infinite number " ∞ ".
    ALTF4.

Deleted
    The post count is really dumb, it doesnt prove shit about anything, the best forums in terms of maturity, etc dont usually have post counts and it works much better, you will always get the random dumbass, hey look he has 100 posts and it saying something i dont like what a noob.

post count is like gear score, refer to sig
    GearScore - is directly related to Skill; the More you care about it, the Less you have.
    GearScore - is like a Bikini; what it shows is Suggestive, what it hides is far more Important.

Deleted
    Can't say I've ever looked at someones post count when I read a post, I suspect most people ignore it completely already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly never ever look at someones post count. I look at how their profile is set-up (sig, avatar etc)

And i don't care about my own either.

I'm obviously better than several people in this thread, because my post count is over 2k!

Seriously does anyone even look at that number? The only thing I use it for is spotting trolls with 1 (or less than 10) posts, which I report a lot quicker than say Lokann a troll with over 6k posts.
    Other than that, it's a bit of a "club". As in everybody with over 1k posts I probably noticed in the forums before. For example Dark Side or Lokann are hard to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    Lokann a troll with over 6k posts.
    Lokann is a Troll. I used to be guilded with him. His main is a Troll Shaman.

Har har.

Not funny? Okay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    Lokann a troll with over 6k posts.
    Whut? O_o

Imma not trolling, I just... well, often say what's on my mind... even if its connection with the topic at hand may not be readily apparent...