Deleted

Shadowmourne question,no it aint a QQ thread...

Was just wondering had one question bugging me,prolly a retarded one since im prolly gonna hear what i expect but just wanna make sure.

So....im startin to collect the shards,on the Splintered Throne quest. Just dont start flaming about :"what you gonna do with it now,cata is coming close,you dont need that now" etc etc etc. IF you cant give me some straight answers i beg you to go to some other threads and qq and flame there. MY reasons for getting the item are sentimental,am a huge fan of arthas/frostmourne from warcraftIII,yes im a geek,and i've been given the chance to have this beauty.Dont care that its gonna get outdated,if i can get it which i think i can since i have more than enough time judging by cata coming out in december as it was rumoured so.Plus its going to be the guild achievement in cata. And nope im more of a casual raider.By casual i mean i didnt start playing since vanilla but was active since every raid in ICC. SO if you wanna look at this way,im a core guild member since its foundation.

Anyhow,like i was saying starting to collect shards since tomorrow,and im wondering about three things.

No.1 : IF i use other spec like lets say Frost dual-wield instead of 2h unholy with shadows edge equipped...does that affect shards not dropping from the bosses or what? It shouldnt if i read the quest right it doesnt say anywhere so i just want a confirmation. REASON for this : I like playing frost atm till i get shadowmourne since i can pull out more dps with it then unholy.

No.2 : Since cataclysm is due to release in early decemeber as it was rumoured,that gives me 2 months of farming the shards...is it enough time to get the legendary with bosses farmin on normal modes?

No. 3 : IF some shadowmourne wielders are reading the thread would like an reply from them if they can spare the time,would like to hear the answer on threads above.

CHEERS!

10+ Year Old Account
    No.1: Drop Rates Will Not Be Effected.

No.2: Hate to say it, but that probobly isn't enough time, if your only doing 4-5 bosses on heroic. Took a warrior in our guild a month and a half, and we were consistantly doing 9/12 heroic, some weeks 10/12.

No.3: The Best of Luck to you

Deleted
    yeh well,he had month and a half,so i'd need be mad lucky with shard drops...gonna see my luck today,but anyhow even if i dont make it till cata im still gonna make some icc25 runs just to acquire it so...but yeh my guild is currently going on LK kill in 25 so our focus is that ^^

Oh and last thing i forgot to mention in those heroics...i remember being in this other guild and the guy was farming shards there,remember doin 8/12 bosses on hc and he only got like 2 shards out of that run so...dunno...maybe its just me

Quote Originally Posted by Arthal View Post
    yeh well,he had month and a half,so i'd need be mad lucky with shard drops...gonna see my luck today,but anyhow even if i dont make it till cata im still gonna make some icc25 runs just to acquire it so...but yeh my guild is currently going on LK kill in 25 so our focus is that ^^

Oh and last thing i forgot to mention in those heroics...i remember being in this other guild and the guy was farming shards there,remember doin 8/12 bosses on hc and he only got like 2 shards out of that run so...dunno...maybe its just me
    Has it been confirmed that shards will drop like usual in Cata? I'm not at all anywhere the least bit close to acquire one, but I would like to do so in Cata for the FoS, the tabard and the other stuff, if it's possible.

One quick note that may perk you up a little regarding shard drops.
    If you're currently doing 4-5 hard modes per week, then (if patch 4.0 is anything like 3.0 was) expect to suddenly be able to jump up to 8-10 hard modes once the new talent rebuilds etc arrive

Yes this is pure speculation based on how the LK talent builds affected BC raiding, but I see no reason for similar things not to happen this time, based on what I've been reading.

Deleted
    there wasnt any indications that they wouldnt,plus its gonna be a guild achievement in cataclysm so i dont think they will change a thing.

Concerning leviathanzero post : well tbh i wouldnt think so,first we need LK kill to do some HM,and second who knows if they are removing the 30% buff from icc when they put up 4.0...
    Last edited by mmocb30df97227; 2010-09-29 at 07:54 AM.

Deleted
    Shard drop is rng based on if its hc or normal, our first went in like 3 months. 2nd in 2 and after 1 now we allmost got the 3rd one.

Aas Leviathan said, be prepared for awsomeness with the new builds The current ones on BETA are pretty neat

And i think it's a good idea to wait till Cata hits, if it's just for the lore you want shadowmourne. The guild-achievement won't be available until Cata hits anyway, and AFAIK; You have to get all the legendaries AFTER cata is released.

I wish you the best of luck with the shard-hunting

Deleted
    Yeh saw the changes,tested PTRs...that circle from drood healing,green one on the floor,plus holy aoe priest healer can i think totally negate the damage on infest on LK tbh...just sick healing :P

correction : if you already have a legendary and you're in a guild it will automatically pop up the achievement as soon as cata hits live,so if you have 1 of the legendaries already as soon as cata hits,you get the ach so

and thank for the wishes,will hope i get lucky ^^
    Last edited by mmocb30df97227; 2010-09-29 at 08:12 AM.