Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary items in Cata

Ok so i googled legendary weapons in cata and found nothing. So here is my question - did Blizz say anything about legendary items beeing available from 10 mans? I've heard about loot beeing the same from 10 mans and 25 mans, same with realm 1sts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say most likely so. Looking back to Ulduar, although to make Val'anyr you needed to do Yogg 1-0 on 25 man, you could get the pieces from the 10 man version.
    Over-thinking, Over-analyzing, separates the body from the mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexGrey View Post
    I would say most likely so. Looking back to Ulduar, although to make Val'anyr you needed to do Yogg 1-0 on 25 man, you could get the pieces from the 10 man version.
    wat

Last edited by Milanor; 2010-09-28 at 11:09 PM.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    O.o ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexGrey
    pieces from the 10 man version.
    WAT?

back from offtop
    so did blizz say anything? ; d
    Last edited by mmocf51bcb3aea; 2010-09-28 at 11:05 PM. Reason: sasa

lol. read the page you just posted

'The fragments are dropped by bosses, or their chests, in Ulduar on 25-man difficulty only. The drop rate varies from 3% to 100% depending upon the boss defeated'

"The fragments are dropped by bosses, or their chests, in Ulduar on 25-man difficulty only"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakjin View Post
    WAT?

back from offtop
    so did blizz say anything? ; d
    I am almost completely positive that there was a blue post a while back that said Legendaries would be able to be assembled in 10mans.

loooool

epic and arrogant fail

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard hasn't said anything directly confirming 10-man legendary items, but there's a strong possibility for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I am almost completely positive that there was a blue post a while back that said Legendaries would be able to be assembled in 10mans.
    i remember that too

Quote Originally Posted by zebramints View Post
    what?
    This

You should delete your account on mmo-champ and on battle.net. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently I was mistaken, always thought it was 10 man as well. But FYI I had no intention of portraying tone in the statement after the link post, merely put it there as reference.

After realizing my mistake in judgment, I now have more skepticism of seeing Legendaries from 10 mans. Although it's still more likely than ever before.

---------- Post added 2010-09-28 at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sweatingbullets View Post
    You should delete your account on mmo-champ and on battle.net. Thanks.
    lol hi, noob.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is the closest thing we've had to confirmation so far:

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    I don't know the details because we probably won't do a legendary for the first tier, but we would definitely not want a structure such that a 25 guild felt like the fastest way to finish the item was to run multiple 10s. If the 25s could finish it first, that would be fine. The 10s would still be able to get the item, which is not possible today. (Source)
    Edit:

Oh, this too! My bad.

Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Legendaries would most likely be both 10 and 25. We don't want a player to have to say "I prefer running 10s, but now I feel like I have to run 25s to get a specific item." If they say "I prefer running 10s, but now I feel like I have to run 25s to gear up faster," well, tough.
    Last edited by Milanor; 2010-09-28 at 11:22 PM.

I really hope they dont allow people to get legendaries from 10 man's. There has to be some kind of incentive for people to run 25 man's (no mounts are not incentive enough). Making Legendary weapons be obtainable on 25 man's would be the best possible way to be fair to 25 man guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shamblingswarm View Post
    I really hope they dont allow people to get legendaries from 10 man's. There has to be some kind of incentive for people to run 25 man's (no mounts are not incentive enough). Making Legendary weapons be obtainable on 25 man's would be the best possible way to be fair to 25 man guilds.
    The incentive to raid 25 mans should be because you enjoy doing 25-man raids - much like enjoying 10s should be the reason you raid 10s.

Apparently I was mistaken, always thought it was 10 man as well. But FYI I had no intention of portraying tone in the statement after the link post, merely put it there as reference.

After realizing my mistake in judgment, I now have more skepticism of seeing Legendaries from 10 mans. Although it's still more likely than ever before.

---------- Post added 2010-09-28 at 11:16 PM ----------

lol hi, noob.
    Sorry, calling me a noob doesn't mean much coming from you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    The incentive to raid 25 mans should be because you enjoy doing 25-man raids - much like enjoying 10s should be the reason you raid 10s.
    Which is the way Blizzard wants everything to be - People should be allowed to do what they want to do, whilst not losing out on anything while doing it.