Deleted

PvP mage hybrid class

Hello,

I'm having atm a hybrid spec for pvp on the mage. I really like this spec.
    But i'm having problems with my dmg.
    So i was wondering what are the stats for hybrid mage?
    What is a prio on hybrid?

Atm i'm having 135 sp. pen and 8% hit. but by far not enough haste
    so what are decent stats to get dmg?

I guess by hybrid you mean spending the most points in one tree and the rest in some other.

There are currently 2 good pvp hybrid specs, Arcane/Frost and Frost/Arcane.

As arcane frost your main goal is getting all arc pvp talents and getting icy veins from frost.As for gear most important stat is spell power then haste.135 spell pen is enough and 8% hit is overkill with talents in pvp.

As for frost/arcane its basicly about getting improved counterspell and torment the weak.Gear is same as for arcane , haste is great.

If by hyrid you mean going 50-50 and not getting any talent 51point talents then you can either go fire/frost for huge criticals and powerfull frostfirebolt or you can go arcane/fire , where scorch will be your main nuke supported by various fire and arcane talents.

For both specs critt is the most important, with good enough critt the fire/frost build can be devastating since frostfirebolt gets an insane 350% bonus critical damage.

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 02:45 AM ----------

by the way the frost/fire hybrid is in fact having a stipped down fire main specc since you will be getting burnout, shatter, and all critt damage/frost damage/fire damage/spell damage increasing talents in both trees since frostfirebolt benefits from all of them.

it is a hybrid specc but still you would classify as a fire mage since you have 51 points in fire.

Deleted
    No my talent tree is 23/24/24.
    Thats why my question.
    And it is a really fun spec to play with in pvp. So i'm curious what i all can get out of it.
    So should i just try to find balance in sp, crit and haste?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    Thats why my question.
    And it is a really fun spec to play with in pvp. So i'm curious what i all can get out of it.
    I havent played my mage seriously since WotLK launch, but if you are playing to be competative and efficient, you will probably never get the results you want by evenly speccing into all 3 trees. You want to spec deep into one tree, then subspec into a second.

If you are pvping for fun, then it doesnt matter how you spec so long as you are enjoying yourself. Just dont expect large numbers to by flying.

Winter...The realm of eternal ice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    Thats why my question.
    just respec, there is no way in hell you are going to get anything good from playing with such a horrible spec.

Respec to 20/0/51 and never turn back my friend, you are gimping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jankes View Post
    just respec, there is no way in hell you are going to get anything good from playing with such a horrible spec.

Respec to 20/0/51 and never turn back my friend, you are gimping yourself.
    This doesn't help anyone. All 3 specs are completely viable in pvp, and he's looking for advice, not for instructions on what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by cornymorty View Post
    This doesn't help anyone. All 3 specs are completely viable in pvp, and he's looking for advice, not for instructions on what to do.
    well you didnt offer any help either sir so your post is pointless also. but in all seriousness this spec is dumb and you wont beable to spec like this in 4.0 since you have to get he 31pt talent before specing in a different tree. So you best bet is get a frost/arc or arc/frost spec and learn it for cata.