Unreleasing banned/inactive nicknames ingame

Just thought I'd share as I think there would be a lot of interest in this, as I was really excited when I had mine done.
    I was going to transfer to Barthalis, but my chosen nickname was used, so I paged a GM and said I couldn't see it on the armory and if they were able to free it up if it was an inactive lvl 1.
    I got a message back saying it belonged to a lvl70, but it was inactive, and they freed it up for me to use.
    Deciding to test my luck, I thought I'd try and get 2 nicknames back from my old banned account that has been inactive for 3years.
    After starting a chat with a GM, he looked into it, saw it was inactive/banned, and decided to release the names
    I can now see my old characters on armory(through an old guild) with random letter on the end.
    So if anyone has always wanted a name, and some lvl 14 has had it for the past 4 years, or if you were banned, page a gm!
    You never know your luck.
    I was definately lucky.

Okay? This involves cataclysm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

They've done this for quite awhile. Nothing new.
    Just another random troll.

Un... Releasing?

You mean releasing?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

Wow guys, way to be a buzz kill.

Welcome, Clae, and thanks for the tip.
    There was a name I wanted to get on transfer but was taken, will check now for sure!

Thorn/Angavar