Satrina Buff Frames help.

Hello, I've recently gone and redone my UI (well started to). But I've run into a small problem that is more annoying than actually doing anything bad.

See I had it set up before that SBF had a custom border around each buff. Now when I re-downloaded it I get a different border. I though buttonfacade would texture it (SBF has an option to disable it) but I can't seem to get them with a custom border.

Now I'm pretty amateurish to semi-okay at UI building. I just want to my buffs to have that caith like border around them again.

any Insight or suggestions would be awesome!

Now i can't post images yet because I'm fairly new to posting, but when i can I shall show a picture.

SBF has had some issues with buttonfacade, particularly due to, to quote a "hackish" approach which tended to break upon patches to buttonfacade.

There has been a fix posted, but it will involve editing of one of the files, and therefore not relying on automatic updates until version 3.2 or 4.0 - whichever it proves to be.

Taken from
    http://forums.wowace.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=883

Change line 3 of SBFButtonFacade.lua from:
    Code:
    if IsAddOnLoaded("ButtonFacade") and (ButtonFacade ~= nil) then
    to
    Code:
    if IsAddOnLoaded("ButtonFacade") then
    If like mine, when opened in notepad the lines did not have the line returns, then try notepad++ to open it, even better the portable version if you don't wish to have something installed.
    The next major version is supossed to properly fix the support, with the last version being back in july 2009, so lasting this long without addon breaking issues this long has been pretty surprising.

I applied this same fix myself yesterday.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-09-29 at 07:09 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, most of the breakage hasn't been because of SBF's long time without updates - it's because ButtonFacade changed how addons are supposed to interface with it, but didn't allow for backwards compatibility. Sort of a case of, "Haha! I updated, now ALL you bastards have to update now too, or not have ButtonFacade working with your addons!"

Okay, gripe about BF over. When you add/rename buff frames with SBF, it actually requires a ReloadUI before BF can skin them, so make sure you take care of that as well.

Lets hope that the update, when it eventually appears resolves these issues.

I fixed it with the line change; doesn't seem to work any different aside from that.