Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darjsabora View Post
    I think this is all thanks to Activision. And I don't like that Blizzard is making PvP easier.... Agreed on this thread.
    ...sigh. Did you read everyone completely undoing the OP's initial point? Did you read any of it? At all? And then you say something like "Blizzard is making PvP easier"...lower gear requirements does not mean PvP is easier...as has been said...multiple times throughout this thread, by multiple people. READ!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Casual View Post
    lol this...... if your good at pvp why do you need to out gear someone to prove it? When everybody has equal gear only then can you see if your good imo
    Because wow is very RNG, and the fact is that out gearing someone in arena's can often mean out winning. Outside of 2500+ teams, who clearly outplay others, I promise you that an 1800 rated team rocking furious gear will have a 50/50 chance of beating a 2200 rated team who is still rocking furious gear.

there are two things that matter in arena, sadly: your comp, and your gear. (Again this doesn't hold true for 2500+ teams.)

Casuals win? I don't thinks so. If everyone has the same gear and you're better, you will win. It shouldn't take outgearing your opponent to win. Makes it easier for pvp to more universal rather than a wraithful rogue rofl stomping someone who just entered the pvp scene. Plus people who are actually "good" get in on the better weps and such so if you have skill you shouldn't care, you still are going to rofl stomp the baddies, just now the baddies have a chance.

Edit: Casual does not equal bad. I know loads of people you call "casual" who are extremely good and prefer you refer to the "casuals" as baddies.

Edit2: If you're good, you WILL be playing on the same level of skill in rated BGs and Arena and I could care less about the baddies in lower tier. + it wouldn't be that fair for them that I'll outgear them even more and since I'm more skilled, how would they even stand a chance? With pvp gear becoming fairly universal, things would get much more interesting than outgearing them and rofl stomping them. If that is your kind of play style then too bad, WoW is changing.
    Last edited by Shampun; 2010-09-29 at 06:24 AM.

The way I see it, if everyone's on even footing in terms of gear, it becomes a contest of skill, not a matter of someone in full wrathful beating up on someone in full furious and thinking that makes them good.

Oh, and I'm not complaining, it isn't fun when the enemy's so undergeared that they don't stand a chance, it just makes me feel like a bully. Give me full wrathful shadowmourne melee to fight any day, it makes for a much more epic battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play Halo to grind points towards a black visor and I don't pvp in WoW for the grind of gearing up. I'm sure a lot of the good pvpers do it, but I'd be much happier with pre-mades and no gear grinding.

Kinda like the arena realms.

Oh- And I like how people are still going on and on about Cata pvp like Arenas will dominate. Warsong has always been comp>skill>=gear.

I think it mostly comes down to when no one knows that you're good at PvP/raiding, they can tell by your gear. PvE gear has mostly lost this disctinction now, but PvP hasn't. When you see someone with full Wrathful + T2 weapon, you know they have to be good at PvP without even seeing them play. Now everyone will be able to get everything except weapons, which means the people who are a cut above the rest but not quite the best (those that now have everything except T2 weapon or w/e) won't be distinguishable from the bads. This pretty much applies to the current casual/bad player issue people have (Not implying that Casual player = bad player usually).

just have to wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    All the PvP players say how much more skill it requires to be good at PvP compared to PvE. If that's true an ok or even bad player having the same gear as a good or great player should make no difference. The high end weapons still have a requirment on it and they've brought back a lot of the old school PvP titles in addition to the ones you already have in Arena. The good and great PvP players will get those high end weapons and have the best titles to satisfy their epeen and set them apart from everyone else. PvP is the one aspect of the game that should be based on skill alone, all players getting access to equal gear means you'll have to prove yourself on skill alone.

The ok or bad players can't claim they lost just because someone else had better gear then they did. The higher health pools are supposed to help with this since you're not supposed to be able to nuke players down any more after getting a CC off on a healer. Stun locks are also supposed to be more difficult now to combat that exact same issue. To beat someone you're going to have to be better then them, if that's so upsetting maybe you shouldn't PvP.
    There aint a word in here that i dont aggre with!
    This is exactly my thought to!
    100% right my friend!

I have acctully no idee how the OP can complain about this change if he is that good as he says! Why?
    Becasue if he is that good then he will be able to kill anyone anyway.

So why does he make this post? Because he wont be that good anymore when he cant outgear anyone?!? well thats just what i think.

This is such a terrible topic. Organoth pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Somehow, according to the opening post, when both teams in a match are evenly equipped, it takes the skill away. This speaks for itself.

I hear WOTLK pvp takes skill...oh wait no Tunnel tunnel tunnel dead. RAWR 2200+ cleave teams. seriously stfu, Arena is not the only form of pvp and it isnt the only form that deserve's pvp gear. Normal BG players get honor kills and honor they deserve decent and UP to date gear. Hell even now if your a douche w/ a 2200 weapon that means 1 thing your terrible and couldnt get a 277 heroic or 284 heroic. Shadowmourne,Bloodsurge, Kel'Thuzad's Blade of Agony, Fal'inrush, Defender of Quel'thalas, and Royal Scepter of Terenas II etc etc are all better than the primo amazing 2200 weapons and guess what if your not terrible you'd know those weapons trump the bit of resil and stam you get. Quit wow stop playing.

Fantastic change since everyone in pvp will be on equal footing in terms of gear. And you get rewarded for being better by it being visible on your toon as well as the high level weapon (glad to see they learned from tbc's mistake of welfare weapons for raiding).

I understand where the OP is coming from, however I think you may be clouded with a little feeling of nostalgia to your ealry days of PvP and are worried that the changes will effect that is a negitive way. I don't think that will happen. Gear doesn't change how good some one is, if anything it highlights your flaws even further. I think the aim for this change is to level the playing field as far as PvP is concerned. Liken it to any online FPS, would it be fair if only the players with high kill/death ratios or high on the score boards got access to the decent snipers and automatic weapons and everyone else was stuck with pistols and knives? It turns a difficult learning curve into an unfair one and it worsens as time goes on making it harder and harder to break into PvP.
    There will still be distinctions between arena players however with asthetic rewards such as titles and armour colour. As far as the changes to earning gear from rated BGs, this is something that should have been done ages ago. Any fuss about it is simply due to people not liking change no matter what it is. Only allowing arena players access to top tier gear is a silly idea, it would be the same as only offering top tier gear to people who play WSG. The PvP aspect of WoW needs attention the current system only stunts the flexibility of available game types where you stand to have fun AND get something out of it to improve your character at the same time.
    Bottom line is opening up the higher tier gear to rated BG players is not going to change who the best PvPers are because it requires experience and skill, all it does is level the playing field as far as stats go. When you beat someone now there can be no QQing about better or worse gear because this not be the case. Only difference is the better players will get the gear a lot faster.
    I understand the feeling of finally getting those shoulders or weapon that you have been after and the hard work of practicing and improving yourself all pays off, but those rewards are not going away they just take the form of something else. Whether it be a title or achievement or mount, tabard, a high rating the rewards are still there and it will still take a crap load of hard work and practice to achieve them.

In any case if all you care about in WoW is what purples are on your character then you are playing the game for the wrong reasons and need to quit.
    Also wow IS for casuals that is how the development team wanted it, it has never been a hardcore MMO. You want hardcore go play Everquest or any other older MMO. Where raiding consisted of a single mob that spawned in open world dropped 1 or 2 bits of loot that an entire server of players had to compete to kill once a week.

Flashing your gear infront og orgrimmar is not the point. IF all can flash their free gear...then its ok

Its OK for me if every1 got full pvp from grind, as long as it isnt vaible for PVE, and as long as we can se the difference when we inspect both arena and BG ratings

Getting a 2.2k rating weapon equals + 100 rating (approx)

so the difference between 2300 and 2150 in not very much when we compare playstyle and "skill" if i may use that word

Hey you posted this same thing on the official forums! I'll just respond with the same stuff I posted there.

Except the fact that in pvp, outgearing someone to a certain extent is a guaranteed loss for the other team. The current pvp system comes out to where the top stay on top while the ones starting who could be great players, are kept down due to needing X rating for better competitive gear but they have to go through players in that gear already to gain it. It doesn't come down to who puts in the most effort or who is the overall better player. It comes down to who started gaining the pvp gear first. Someone who starts 2 seasons late will have a much more difficult time competing with people who started at the beginning even though they could be better.

With focus being on rated BGs now, I doubt Blizzard would want the outcome of 2 great coordinated teams to come down to k this team started pvp one season early or this one grinds much more so they automatically outgear and can trash the others in a head to head.

People confuse skill and difficulty with overall time sink..

Everything is on a level playing field now. Besides, I'd rather pvp in that scenario where most encounters come down to outplaying and outskilling the other team. It would be a much more satisfying victory knowing I earned it and not just outgear brute forced down the other team.

Keep an eye on the ratings of teams for rated BGs. With the cataclysm pvp system, if all goes live, will be the rebirth of WoW pvp for most players, draw in a larger audience, and really show who deserves to have the Gladiator titles. Those people will be some of WoW's top players an gives more of an incentive to play as a team and showcase your teamwork.

Think of it in these terms. You're playing Ground War Domination on MW2 with two highly skilled premade groups. That will be WoW pvp in cataclysm. Current pvp is like playing TDM with 2 teams of idiots who run to the campers.

It's not the issue with arena where it's expected to be that way of gear imbalancing for the more skilled. The problem comes in where those people in super duper top arena gear can steamroll people in battlegrounds with little to no effort just due to gear differences. And guess what cataclysm is focusing on? Yay BGs!

Removing rating from gear for rated BG setup simply puts everyone on the same level so that all encounters and all contests come down to skill. Period. Anyone who has an issue with that is one of the tards who roflstorms his way with skillmourne and wrathful in BGs and thinks they're amazing at pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Hey you posted this same thing on the official forums! I'll just respond with the same stuff I posted there.

Except the fact that in pvp, outgearing someone to a certain extent is a guaranteed loss for the other team. The current pvp system comes out to where the top stay on top while the ones starting who could be great players, are kept down due to needing X rating for better competitive gear but they have to go through players in that gear already to gain it. It doesn't come down to who puts in the most effort or who is the overall better player. It comes down to who started gaining the pvp gear first. Someone who starts 2 seasons late will have a much more difficult time competing with people who started at the beginning even though they could be better.

With focus being on rated BGs now, I doubt Blizzard would want the outcome of 2 great coordinated teams to come down to k this team started pvp one season early or this one grinds much more so they automatically outgear and can trash the others in a head to head.

People confuse skill and difficulty with overall time sink..

Everything is on a level playing field now. Besides, I'd rather pvp in that scenario where most encounters come down to outplaying and outskilling the other team. It would be a much more satisfying victory knowing I earned it and not just outgear brute forced down the other team.

Keep an eye on the ratings of teams for rated BGs. With the cataclysm pvp system, if all goes live, will be the rebirth of WoW pvp for most players, draw in a larger audience, and really show who deserves to have the Gladiator titles. Those people will be some of WoW's top players an gives more of an incentive to play as a team and showcase your teamwork.

Think of it in these terms. You're playing Ground War Domination on MW2 with two highly skilled premade groups. That will be WoW pvp in cataclysm. Current pvp is like playing TDM with 2 teams of idiots who run to the campers.

It's not the issue with arena where it's expected to be that way of gear imbalancing for the more skilled. The problem comes in where those people in super duper top arena gear can steamroll people in battlegrounds with little to no effort just due to gear differences. And guess what cataclysm is focusing on? Yay BGs!

Removing rating from gear for rated BG setup simply puts everyone on the same level so that all encounters and all contests come down to skill. Period. Anyone who has an issue with that is one of the tards who roflstorms his way with skillmourne and wrathful in BGs and thinks they're amazing at pvp.
    +100

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Beautifully put, Amorise.

Less focus on gear more focus on the player <3
    And that goes for PvE aswell!

Now where is Blizzard, I need a cuddle.

Quote Originally Posted by boxxylol View Post
    i love ohw everyone commenting is probly some 1800 rated baddie OMFG GEAR SHOWS NOTHING DURRRRRRR
    Well, gear doesn't show anything, and only a true epeen stroking bad like yourself would think the contrary.

Deleted
    Off-topic: Yo guy, how are you guy? That's good guy, haha guy... I like your use of guy!

On topic: It won't change anything, if you have the skill, you wouldn't care, plus you'll get gear faster than the ones who only collect the BG equipments and yours should look more fancy, afaik. Yipi yay!
    You got WotLK'd, sir. i needz betah gear to beat mofos yo! gif me shadowmourne on mage and i iz best evah, haterz gon hate yo

Lol'd at mage struggling for 2k... <3

The current requirements are so stupid